Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Don't know if this has been posted

Default Don't know if this has been posted

Just a warning about pre-pay electric/gas keys.

Seems there are some people doing the rounds with Engineers master keys and offering top-ups at your door at a very reduced rate. Just thought I'd give you a heads up and don't do it, as much as it may be tempting to a few people who're on a tight budget (Aren't we all on a tight one at the moment lol).

The Company systems will see the discrepancy between your meter readings and their cost totals.
    ELVIS ISN'T DEAD I HEARD HIM ON THE RADIO

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Just a warning about pre-pay electric/gas keys.

Seems there are some people doing the rounds with Engineers master keys and offering top-ups at your door at a very reduced rate. Just thought I'd give you a heads up and don't do it, as much as it may be tempting to a few people who're on a tight budget (Aren't we all on a tight one at the moment lol).

The Company systems will see the discrepancy between your meter readings and their cost totals.
    seen this on the bottom of the recipt when i last topped up my electric key, in the end you will end up paying double for your electric, as the money you pay over your door step wont go towards your bill, just beware.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post
    seen this on the bottom of the recipt when i last topped up my electric key, in the end you will end up paying double for your electric, as the money you pay over your door step wont go towards your bill, just beware.
    It is just not worth the risk, I would not do it and I suggest that if you get a caller like this phone the police.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe