Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: housework

Default housework

'Cleaning the house helps women feel in control of their lives, with many finding it "mentally therapeutic", research has suggested.'

I wonder who wrote that - a man?
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by katarina
    'Cleaning the house helps women feel in control of their lives, with many finding it "mentally therapeutic", research has suggested.'

maybe it was mr billy boy that wrote it, he loves doing housework says he finds it really relaxing

All housework does for me is add more stress to my day!!!lol but i do like a nice clean house

I know a bloke who gets really annoyed if his friends turn up on a Saturday at his house because that is his cleaning and ironing day!! It wouldn't be me, I always say, the housework will still be there when I come home. I only do housework when I have nothing else to do..
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

Quote Originally Posted by connieb19
    I know a bloke who gets really annoyed if his friends turn up on a Saturday at his house because that is his cleaning and ironing day!! It wouldn't be me, I always say, the housework will still be there when I come home. I only do housework when I have nothing else to do..
    now thats obsessive lol, mr billy boy likes doin housework, but ironing even i only do it if i really need to

krieve Guest

I don't mind housework, i don't mind doing the ironing, it's just after when you have finished and you know that you've got to carry the 2 ton of clothes upstairs, to put it all away,you reach the top. You are that overloaded with clothes that you can't see in front of you, that you trip over the dog and the clothes that you spent the last 2hrs ironing land all over the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by krieve
    I don't mind housework, i don't mind doing the ironing, it's just after when you have finished and you know that you've got to carry the 2 ton of clothes upstairs, to put it all away,you reach the top. You are that overloaded with clothes that you can't see in front of you, that you trip over the dog and the clothes that you spent the last 2hrs ironing land all over the floor.
    Not me your a brave women tackling ironing its on a need to basis thats when i iron lol

thats why i only iron as and when i need to, plus it only gets creased in the drawer or wardrobe so you would have to do it all again anyway

krieve Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bingobabe
    Not me your a brave women tackling ironing its on a need to basis thats when i iron lol

It was on a need to basis, need to iron the clothes or walk around in our birthday suits lmao

When I get bored I do things like clean out the pantry. Once I even cleaned out my wardrobe, and threw out anything I had not worn for 5 years, reduced my clothing by 80%.

The toilet has one of those things you clip on the side,and I own a toilet brush.

A small dog is terrific for cleaning plates, and things one spills on the floor. Dog saliva has all sorts of good bacteria so it means the plates won't go mouldy while waiting for enough to wash, ( dishwashers are expensive).
    Don't have small dog, Steal one, I have a toy poodle. Stay away from rottweillers though.

In the meantime, pop down to the shops and get a tablecloth or nice sheet, and spread it over the sink if you have unexected guests. At a pinch, use a sheet off someone else's bed.

Cooking for children: A pound of rice or rolled oats will last a week and feed up to 5 children a day. With the oats , you make gruel.With the rice you make congee, essentially the same; half a cup of the grain, and a gallon of water. Bring to the boil, and simmer for 8 hours. Not advisable to give children especially boys meat, makes them aggressive. (Source: Charles Dickens, Oliver Twist)

See, both housekeeping and child rearing can be fun--and profitable. When a child is about 4 they make first rate chimney sweeps. Or if you want to make more money, invest in a hand loom. The possibilities are limited only by your imagination and level of callousness.
    Last edited by pultneytooner; 04-Jul-06 at 22:40.

You know that song that says "I HATE men"? Well I HATE housework just as much.I have urges when I want to get rid of everything.One of these coincided with a charity bag put through the door.I filled it and then forgot to put it out.When I looked in my wardrobe I missed what I'd put in the bag so it's all been put back-ready for the next time.PS,I don't really hate men,well you can't if you've got sons,can you?

Quote Originally Posted by pultneytooner
    .......A small dog is terrific for cleaning plates, and things one spills on the floor. Dog saliva has all sorts of good bacteria so it means the plates won't go mouldy while waiting for enough to wash, ( dishwashers are expensive).
    Don't have small dog, Steal one, I have a toy poodle. Stay away from rottweillers though.
    Agreed. But I would sack the poodle and get a labrador - no need to wash the dishes at all then - just put them straight back in the cupboard

Quote Originally Posted by Moira
    Agreed. But I would sack the poodle and get a labrador - no need to wash the dishes at all then - just put them straight back in the cupboard
    You have a point there but I was wondering if a dog or a cat would be more thorough?

Housework? I prefer the method the Zulu use.
    You build your Kraal on a slope, you put the entrance at the bottom of the slope and when the heavy rain comes - problem solved!
    Providing you remember to open the gates that is!

And we thought they should learn from us?
    Animals I like, people I tolerate.

its nae as if ye hae a 5 mile trek doone river we ur washboard or sweep yer flare we a brush am sure u all hae washin machines an vacums all ye need tae dae is bung it in your machine it'll dae the rest for u and dae the vacumin wen its washin and take ur duster oot an a we polish widnae do nae herm,dae that everyday instead o once a week and it nae so hard, surely u can prize yersels fae ur pc or telly tae dae this instead o sittin on ur lard asses while yer man oot workin

Probably the man who really knows how, like this one maybe?

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i1...e001menvac.jpg

"A family tree can wither if nobody tends it's roots"

<laughing> Actually, if I had something like that, Kingetter, I'd have no end of volunteers for helping with the vacuuming...and one less chore for me to worry about ever again!

Welcome back, btw.
    The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea. ~Isak Dinesen

Glad to be back! been a long month - looking at 2 kind of conflicting messages:-

Hello Kingetter it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

vBulletin Message
    You have been banned for the following reason:
    Posting an unsuitable picture.
    Date the ban will be lifted: 05-07-2006, 01:00 AM

"A family tree can wither if nobody tends it's roots"

i dont mind cleaning when i'm in the mood. keep on moving things around in the kitchen and it drives my lot barmy. although with the kids on hols i dunno why i bother as soon as the hoovering is done its a mess again.
    no amount of darkness can drive out darkness
    only light can do that.

I really don't mind cleaning, in fact, once I get started, it's usually difficult for me to stop. I randomly clean though. Last night I made myself a snack when I got home and ended up cleaning the cooker. No idea why.

I think I'm a bit obsessive about tidyness at times.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast