Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: The MOD

Default The Royal National MOD 2010

Can anyone provide a timetable for the MOD and say where the events are to take place please? I can't see the information on the web site or on the posters/fliers that have been issued and my emails have been unanswered. Many thanks.
    Last edited by Mrs Sweetie; 30-Jul-10 at 13:33.
    ~*~ Gill ~*~
    Meiklejohns Confectioners, Thurso Street, Wick
    Open every day 8 am - 10.30 pm

I think the Mod opens in Wick on Saturday 9th October. There will be all-day music in Market Square and a band playing in Wick on Saturday night plus a Fiddlers' Rally in the Assembly Rooms.

I think the piping competitions are being held that weekend in Wick, with the rest of the competitions in Thurso during the week. There will be programmes coming out nearer the time. I know that people are working to put these together just now.

Anyone else think this was about the Ministry of Defence?

Quote Originally Posted by Bazeye View Post
    Anyone else think this was about the Ministry of Defence?
    Yup, I thought exactly the same and I was disappointed to find out it was not.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Sorry folk, I've changed the title so no one else gets disapppointed. Well I did change it but I see that has no bearing on the main menu.

Thanks gollach for those details.
    Last edited by Mrs Sweetie; 30-Jul-10 at 13:38.
    ~*~ Gill ~*~

Mrs sweetie.....there will be two mod programmes. One for the actual competiton events and another for the mod fringe events. As previously mentioned the piping etc is likely to be in wick in the early part of the week along with the junior competitions, drama and sports. The adult competitions are to be held in Thurso in the later part of the week, the culmination on the Friday with the choirs and then the mass choirs assembled on the Saturday, believe that's likely to be at the harbour in Thurso.

when will the massed pipe bands by playing ??

Thanks SunsetSong; sounds like it's going to be really good.
    ~*~ Gill ~*~