Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ginger kitten?bengal or not

Default ginger kitten?bengal or not

hiya i am wondering if anyone has a ginger male kitten we could have as my mum really wants 1 chaz on this has one and if the person that is supost to get the kitty if she dosnt get it then we are next on the list but just incase we dobt get it could anyone help u-p we lost 2 ginger cats on the road but the next one will be indoor my mum thinks ginger cats are gorgous thank you to anyone who will help us xx
    proud owner of 1 dogs and 2 cats and 2 rabbits

You have 4 cats already as your tagline says?
    If so why do you want another?
    Cant you be happy with the pets you already have?

Quote Originally Posted by Dadie View Post
    Different strokes for different folks Dadie...It's lovely that Bustergirl and her family want to share their lives with another cat and provide a happy indoor environment....the reasons why are not for us to pry.

Hope you find your ginger furry Bustergirl.

I just cannot work out why people with lots of pets already keep wanting more!
    I keep getting the picture in my head of the old man who lived near me as a child with 15 odd cats (numbers were fluid but never less than 10 or more than 30)....and his house!

When he died my mum was one of the ladies that helped gut his house, and, I mean gut think the floorboards had to be lifted in parts!

Its that senario that doesnt appeal to me

ok but i am just wanting to get my mum a litle kitty for herself do u know anyone who will have a ginger kitten ?
    i am stopping at 5 cats so its not that much
    proud owner of 1 dogs and 2 cats and 2 rabbits

Default :)

Not for us to judge - I had 9 cats, 2 dogs, 3 horses, 2 rats, a snake, rabbits and mice once and I loved it. I had all the time in the world for them and they and the house were well cared for.

Best of luck finding one.

Quote Originally Posted by Loganberry View Post
    Not for us to judge - I had 9 cats, 2 dogs, 3 horses, 2 rats, a snake, rabbits and mice once and I loved it. I had all the time in the world for them and they and the house were well cared for.

Best of luck finding one.
    Very true, i have lots of well loved and cared for animals, they are much nicer than people in general and teach children a lot about responsibility

where do you get of, being so negative with everything. all my animals are well loved and well looked after, who cares if we have 4 or 10 cats its not as if i cant afford to feed them, unto it becomes your business then please keep your negative comments to yourself. i had 2 ginger cats sandy and benny who were the most adorable and loving cats, this is why i want another ginger one, but hey mayby if i didnt care enough and get my cats dressed, i could just keep breeding them unto i got my ginger one, then you would have reason to moan, ut being a sensiable pet owner all my cats are dressed, well apart from the kittens who are to young.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

I have to say that Balto & Bustergirl are major pet lovers and care for their animals dearly. Constant love and attention. You could not ask for a more pet loving family.

Good luck finding a wee gin-jo cat Gosh you can have fintan if you can put up with the farts! jokin....he is like having triplets tho. Such a baby.
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Its not for us to Judge how many animals they have and really your negative comments are not called for just because an old man who probably didnt know any better lived in squalor with his 15 plus cats, doesnt mean everyone with that amount of pets will or does before i got divorced i had 9 horses 6 dogs 5 cats 2 cockatiels and all of them were looked after, well fed and my home was immaculate always had comments on how i managed to keep it so clean with as many animals to look after, so plese dont judge or tar everyone with the same brush. As long as the animals are well cared for and loved that is all that should matter.

good luck finding a ginger one, i too was on the hunt for one for my wee girl because she had her heart set on a ginge, i discovered she was just as happy with a black and white as that was all i could get, children are easily won over though
    whoever said the only vegetable that can make you cry is an onion has obviously not been hit on the heid wi a neep!

I have just been reading interesting facts on bengal cat rescue site and bengals are often cat aggressive and will terrorise not only their household but will actively seek out neighbours cats and enter their homes to hurt them. They are not playing they mean it.
    They do like dogs.
    They have a high prey drive and show a lot of hunting behaviour, you have to be careful if you have small furries or poultry around.

I know some are soft lumps but still......

If you do get another cat..dont know why..but still...I wouldnt get a bengal...your other cats and your indoor rabbit and hamster and fish wouldnt thank you for it!
    Last edited by Dadie; 28-Jul-10 at 20:40.

I have just been reading interesting facts on bengal cat rescue site and bengals are often cat aggressive and will terrorise not only their household but will actively seek out neighbours cats and enter their homes to hurt them. They are not playing they mean it.
    They do like dogs.
    They have a high prey drive and show a lot of hunting behaviour, you have to be careful if you have small furries or poultry around.

I know some are soft lumps but still......

If you do get another cat..dont know why..but still...I wouldnt get a bengal...your other cats and your indoor rabbit and hamster and fish wouldnt thank you for it!
    benny was a bengal x and such a loving vocal cat, not all bengals are nasty.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

Why chance your other animals safety?

Ordinary moggies wont usually harrass a rabbit or go after adult chickens..and if they do fight wont go for the kill with other cats.
    If there is a chance it will why risk it?

they arnt chancing there animals ?
    Animal-lover

Ordinary moggies wont usually harrass a rabbit or go after adult chickens..and if they do fight wont go for the kill with other cats.
    Ordinary moggies love to eat rabbit!! And i know of a few who have lost chickens to ordinairy cats. Like almost everything we do there is nearly always an element of risk, we just have to be careful and watch the situation as with any animal.

My cat brenon came from the same litter as Balto's bengal that she sadly lost. Adoreable cats!

Im sorry but i am a firm believer in the fact that you cant blame an animal for its breed but you can blame the owner for the way it is trained.

I have a domestic short hair here, wee Fintan. Not so wee actually but he likes to bring back "presents" all the time. birds, mice...even a hare once.

so im sorry but its not the breed, the breed is just a name.
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Shelly didnt you have to re home one of your cats for fighting with the bengal x ?

Shelly didnt you have to re home one of your cats for fighting with the bengal x ?
    Good gosh woman dig hard why dont u as if the wounds didnt hurt enough.

Yes i rehomed the bengal, the cat i already had a domestic short hair, did not get on with him. my short hair is too terrirtorial. I tried everything i could to get Fintan to get on with Brenon so he could stay.

you must have to go to some low to bring that up. Be ashamed of urself
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Thats exactly why I said what I did.
    You know what its like.
    You wouldnt want to do that again?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast