Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: helium help!!

Smile helium help!!

Looking for a bit of help. Got a canister of balloon gas for filling latex balloons for a party but there is no adapter to attach to the canister to actually fill the balloons

Does anyone know of anywhere local that i could get or even better does anyone have one i could borrow for the weekend.

Thanks

Not the answer to your question so I am sorry but a helium question. Once one's helium balloon goes down can one get it refilled or is it a once only jobbie?

I think Tesco sell Helium so they might have what you want. I would suggest you phone them first on 01955 673407.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Default Balloon Refills

Hi Ricanna,

Foil Balloons could be refilled quite easily but the latex tends to be for single use only!

Thanks

CBC

Is it a big bottle?
    Is it a 1st stage regulator you are after?
    (screws on to the bottle)
    Could try asking nicely to nicolsons or anywhere else that does welding.

Quote Originally Posted by CBC View Post
    Hi Ricanna,

Foil Balloons could be refilled quite easily but the latex tends to be for single use only!

Thanks

CBC
    You have that exactly backwards. Foil (mylar) balloons have a sticky bit in the neck, which seals them once and once only. Latex balloons are tied with a knot. It's not easy, but you can undo them and fill them again.

There are many different types of foil balloons I have managed to re fill foil ones but I wouldn't bother trying to refill latex as the more they are worked with the more likely they are to puncture.

QUOTE FROM WEBSITE
    Foil Balloons are also refillable. Simply remove any ribbon which may be obstructing the valve and refill.

However some Foil (Mylar) balloons may need to be cut at the spout and re sealed!

Quote From www.balloonsaretakingoff.co.uk:
    Q. Can you refill a balloon?
    A.
    A foil balloon can easily be refilled as it does not get tied or sealed. A latex balloon usually gets tied at the neck so can not be refilled unless a ribbon valve is used.
    Last edited by CBC; 20-Jul-10 at 12:45.

Well I have never come across foil ones that don't have the sticky seal. Maybe you can peel those apart, but I've never managed it. On the other hand I've untied latex balloons just fine. Maybe it's to do with fingernails?