Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stevens drivers

Thumbs up Stevens drivers

Eveyone is fast to point out bad but I would like to say I heard today how impressed someone was with the drivers of Steven's Lorries going up and down the road from Scrabster.They flag car drivers who get caught behind them to pass when clear. Well Done Stevens Drivers
    n/a

Quote Originally Posted by sadam View Post
    Eveyone is fast to point out bad but I would like to say I heard today how impressed someone was with the drivers of Steven's Lorries going up and down the road from Scrabster.They flag car drivers who get caught behind them to pass when clear. Well Done Stevens Drivers
    Pity they do NOT do the same as they go up and down the A9 i have been held behind them a few times.
    It depends on the Drivers attitude if they signal you to Pass.
    Last edited by WICKER10; 19-Jun-10 at 23:33.

I've always found them to be very good at helping me get past on the A9: the secret is to not to get too close as they can't see you in their mirrors.

I'vs seen them in the depths of the uk,an allways wave an hoot at them, an as ever get a cheery reply--
    In every dustbin there's a Daffodil.-Eric Sykes.

I've also found them to be very helpfull when your behind them! altho it's normally me letting them passed as running early leads to me getting hell lol

You're just jealous because the
    voices are talking to me and not you!

Default stevens lorries

I have also only good things to say about them. i always find them very helpful and cooperative when it comes to signalling when safe to let you pass them.
    You can please some o the fowk some of the time, but you canna please all o the fowk all of the time.

I have to agree and did mean to post about this a couple of weeks ago, they are brilliant at letting you pass, keep up the good work Stevens Drivers. Your thoughtfulness is very much appreciated
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

Quote Originally Posted by WICKER10 View Post
    Pity they do NOT do the same as they go up and down the A9 i have been held behind them a few times.
    I have to disagree with you here. Many times I have been driving along the A9. Every time I have been behind a Steven's lorry they have always let me pass at the best opportunity. Have never come across more courteous drivers.
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

I wish more people would be as courteous as the Stevens drivers, we always let people pass where possible and it always amazes me how few give any thanks, they race up behind you, sit on your tail and can't even give a flash of their indicators in thanks when you slow off or tell them to go.
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

Quote Originally Posted by WICKER10 View Post
    Think the Stevens drivers do a great job both in manners and delivery....providing a much needed service to Caithness.

Quote Originally Posted by unicorn View Post
    I wish more people would be as courteous as the Stevens drivers, we always let people pass where possible and it always amazes me how few give any thanks, they race up behind you, sit on your tail and can't even give a flash of their indicators in thanks when you slow off or tell them to go.
    I always thank the drivers with a couple of flashes of me indicators. It's only good manners if someone has let you past, but I have been on the other end of some ignorant drivers who don't gesture any kind of thanks. How much energy does it take to just lift ya hand to a driver that has pulled in to let ya past.

Have just got to add my thanks to all the Stevens drivers. Been going up and down the A9 for nearly 50 years now and have yet to come across a more helpful of curteous lot, they are all true gentlemen of the road. Even flashed me and stopped me many years ago when one of them noticed I had a loose wheel on a carivan which I was towing
    Last edited by Whitewater; 20-Jun-10 at 23:33.
    Live the Dream, don't dream the life

Stevens drivers are all very courteous and have let us past on numerous occasions all over the country.

"If you can`t see my mirrors, then I can`t see you"............. is a good indicator of their perception of traffic behind them. They also have better visibility from the height of their cab to see further in the distance and it helps them to let faster moving traffic pass rather than have to pull in to let a huge queue go past them.

Bannermans of Tain and Cowpers of Fearn are also regularly on the A9 and are similarly courteous drivers.

Keep up the good work, and keep on trucking.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

Good posts ye guys aye an lassies as well. Keep it up.-Good for Caithness.
    In every dustbin there's a Daffodil.-Eric Sykes.

Have added praise for these guys on "Truckersworld" forum today. Hope the message gets through to them, our true Knights of the road.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

great guys friendly ,and yes they do wave you on cant fault them

Splendid vehicles, for the most part expertly driven.
    The far flung nature of their job, and their base at the top of Britain means they perhaps do more miles than your average lorry driver.

nice thread and totally agree they are great x
    Live and let live

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Bonnet View Post
    The far flung nature of their job, and their base at the top of Britain means they perhaps do more miles than your average lorry driver.
    Well, no actually, they are only allowed to spend so many hours driving in one day.
    So it doesn't really matter where they are driving.
    "Life is a sexually transmitted disease, with 100% fatality." R.D.Laing

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Bonnet View Post
    Splendid vehicles, for the most part expertly driven.
    Do I detect the first chink?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast