Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Dvd Help

Default Dvd Help

I wonder if anyone can help me? I have a problem with my DVD player, the power light is on but the display is blank and I cannot get it to open. It may be knackered but I want my Dvd which is stuck inside, back!!
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

Just take the top casing off and lift out the DVD , is it still under warrenty.
    Not all chillies are hot but do not be deceived

Quote Originally Posted by Chillie
    Just take the top casing off and lift out the DVD , is it still under warrenty.
    Thanks Chillie, I doubt it's still under warranty, it didn't cost me very much, out of Somerfield so I'll likely just get another one. I'm more bothered about the stuck DVD because it belongs to a friend..

I had the same problem a few months back and found using a flat head screwdriver on the rim of the dvd slot (while pressing open/eject or whatever variant you have) with a bit of gentle persuasion I managed to retrieve the dvd that was stuck!!

Quote Originally Posted by connieb19
    I wonder if anyone can help me? I have a problem with my DVD player, the power light is on but the display is blank and I cannot get it to open. It may be knackered but I want my Dvd which is stuck inside, back!!
    If you are referring to a DVD player on a PC there will probably be a small hole immediately under the DVD tray. With the power OFF push a stiff piece of wire (about 1 inch long) into the hole (straightened paper clip is favourite). That will open the tray enough for you to pull it out without causing any damage.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbews
    If you are referring to a DVD player on a PC there will probably be a small hole immediately under the DVD tray. With the power OFF push a stiff piece of wire (about 1 inch long) into the hole (straightened paper clip is favourite). That will open the tray enough for you to pull it out without causing any damage.
    Thanks jimbews. It's not on a PC, it's just an ordinary DVD player..