Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

Default Suggestions

Hi all i would like your help please. I started my own catering business KCC last year & its going really well, I know feel its time to get a wee shop & start a wee restaurant/bistro (in Wick). I would love to bring back high teas, sweet trolleys & afternoon teas, home cooking at affordable prices. Another thing I am thinking about is a salad bar. I would be grateful of any suggestions or thoughts to mine, thanks in advance Kirsteen

Sounds like a really good idea to me,i have no suggestions but to get 1 open asap lol

Quote Originally Posted by shamrock2007 View Post
    Hi all i would like your help please. I started my own catering business KCC last year & its going really well, I know feel its time to get a wee shop & start a wee restaurant/bistro (in Wick). I would love to bring back high teas, sweet trolleys & afternoon teas, home cooking at affordable prices. Another thing I am thinking about is a salad bar. I would be grateful of any suggestions or thoughts to mine, thanks in advance Kirsteen
    hi kirsteen i would love a salad bar and i miss my high teas it sounds fantastic i for one would be a regular go for it your catering is superb you cant go wrong i wish you the best of luck

sounds great good luck

love it maybe think of doing a baked potatoe corner good luck

good i love healthy eating wishing you all the best

Sounds a lovely idea, I wish you the very best of luck.

Go for it I say.
    Live the dream, don't dream the life

Default suggestions

It would be an excellent idea for someone to do gluten free foods every where you go when out there is nothing i can eat and i do believe there is a lot of coliacs out threre who feels the same way it is a nightmare

Default Suggestions

Thanks everyone. Love the Baked Potato idea. Doreen i've been doing a lot of reading up on Gluten Free foods & playing with recipies so hopefully this would be something on offer aswell.

Default gluten free

How good that would be to be able to go out for lunch heres hoping

What a great idea and sure you would do really well since you already have such a good reputation.

I know it would be hard to cater for all special diets but quite a few folk can't eat dairy so if you could offer some dairy free alternatives that would be good. Also vegetarian options.

Good luck and well done!
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

Hi, there is a shop on the on Bridge ST where the Gift-box used to be. I don't if that would be any help to you. But its a great idea some-where different.

Default Suggestions

I love researching different kids of foods & restrictions so hope to try to cater for most. I phoned about that shop today chocolatechip waiting for a phonecall back about viewing. Viewed 3 yest, so hopefully it will all come together. Thanks everyone for the good feedback

Just wanted to wish you all the very best shamrock !

I think Wick would benefit from somewhere to eat like you're suggesting to expand into, especially, as other orgers have commented, there is a lot of dietary restrictions which prevent people having the enjoyment of dining out !

Good Luck and Look Forward to hearing how it goes with you !
    I'm the kind of woman whose feet hit the floor each morning, and the Devil says........... " Oh, Blast She's Up !! "

Sounds a great idea and wish you all the best in finding suitable premises

Doreen, what a great idea... I hadn't thought of it myself even though I struggle to find food on the menu that I can eat when I go out, and haven't had a pudding with a meal at a restaurant in a very long time (lactose intolerant). Having somewhere that is willing to cater to people with dietary requirements would be superb!

Shamrock, I wish you all the best with this venture and hope to be able to visit once you get it open!
    "People may say what they wish, but we are actually under no compulsion to listen." LJ, and I do so wholeheartedly agree!

Excellent idea and I for one would be happy to drive through to Wick from Thurso for a good High Tea.

That is what is missing a place to go for a real good High Tea. Yum, Yum !!!

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

There is a great shortage of good vegetarian food in Caithness. It is good also, to know that vegans will not eat vegetarian food but vegetarians will eat vegan. It is almost impossible to get a good vegan meal up here.

I think a lot of the venison is certified vegan. Mind you I am sure the deer take the occasional slug, so best check with the supplier.

I'd love somewhere with a salad bar, yum!
    Why be a hard rock when you really are a gem!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast