Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Tesco

Default New Tesco

Tesco are starting to build their new store in thurso next month and it will be open in February.
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come

I think an Asda would be better in Thurso - we don't need another large Tesco in the county!! Ridiculous

Oh thats brilliant for me, good to hear.
    Live the dream, don't dream the life

I only hope it is as good as the one in Wick, that is selling Clothes ect. I am told there will be a 4 pump Station as well, this is good as it will mean I wont have to go so far for my shopping or Fuel. Roll on February.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Quote Originally Posted by Turquoise View Post
    I think an Asda would be better in Thurso - we don't need another large Tesco in the county!! Ridiculous

Yes I do agree.
    Live the dream, don't dream the life

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    I only hope it is as good as the one in Wick, that is selling Clothes ect. I am told there will be a 4 pump Station as well, this is good as it will mean I wont have to go so far for my shopping or Fuel. Roll on February.
    From what i have heard (please dont hold me to it) there will be no clothing department in the Thurso store. I believe there will be electrical though.

Again....dont hold me to it!!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Turquoise View Post
    Quite agree with you on that. Why on earth they didn't allow them in is beyond me. There are quite enough Tesco stores, let's have some opposition and variety. That's the way to keep them all on their toes.

Quote Originally Posted by Blarney View Post
    Quite agree with you on that. Why on earth they didn't allow them in is beyond me. There are quite enough Tesco stores, let's have some opposition and variety. That's the way to keep them all on their toes.
    Well said..

Quote Originally Posted by ShelleyBain View Post
    From what i have heard (please dont hold me to it) there will be no clothing department in the Thurso store. I believe there will be electrical though.

So if there is no clothes section, it will just be a bigger version of the Tesco which is already there and may I add, not exactly heaving busy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blarney View Post
    Thanks, Blarney! It would keep the local competition going and give Tesco a good kick in the rear. They are taking over the world and might just open up a store on Uranus. But before anyone suggests it, not Portgower...no no...

Default Tescos

And once they take 'over the world' wait and see the prices then !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ShelleyBain View Post

we are going to be having a clothing department, not as big as the wick one though
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

Give us an A, give us an S, give us....oh!

Default Tesco

Quote Originally Posted by Fran View Post
    Tesco are starting to build their new store in thurso next month and it will be open in February.
    It this fact?

I am not much interested in Tesco in Wick or Thurso I don't see what the big attraction is and the clothes are ok but not the best cut etc. I much prefer Asda but really I don't waste my life thinking about supermarkets all that much I am bombarded enough with ads on TV and internet.

I will be happy if it provides a few more jobs which are badly needed! A new supermarket I feel is not but that's Tesco for you, trying to take over the world. Also what is going to happen to the old site? Hmm hopefully not a Haldanes

why! what is wrong with Haldanes?

Quote Originally Posted by bluemafia View Post
    why! what is wrong with Haldanes?
    Wrong question..............You should ask what is Right with Haldanes.......Answer......Nothing.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Quote Originally Posted by scrabster view View Post
    It this fact?
    It would appear so.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Its gd that tescos are finally going to make a start on the mart site but the thing i would most like to hear about is are they going to haul the supplies for the store up by train and make use of the siding at thurso station? It would tick all the right boxes with road safty and green types and might go towards getting the line improved between thurso and inverness.

Personally i think its the best idea ever what do the rest of the org think?

Looks like the new store will be considerably smaller than the one in Wick : http://md.emperor-design.com/thurso.aspx

The Wick store is 50,000sq ft whereas the Thurso store will be 30,000sq ft - just over half the size. Still, at least we'll have cheaper fuel over this side of the county......

Quote Originally Posted by macbreeza View Post
    I am not much interested in Tesco in Wick or Thurso I don't see what the big attraction is and the clothes are ok but not the best cut etc. I much prefer Asda but really I don't waste my life thinking about supermarkets all that much I am bombarded enough with ads on TV and internet.

I will be happy if it provides a few more jobs which are badly needed! A new supermarket I feel is not but that's Tesco for you, trying to take over the world. Also what is going to happen to the old site? Hmm hopefully not a Haldanes
    Do you think in the long run it will kill jobs as other shops will shut not being able to compete with Tesco's car parking, prices, convenience.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast