Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Malicious Gossip

Default Malicious Gossip

Have you ever been the subject of malicious gossip? and if you have, how did you deal with it?

How did it affect you, were you angry, upset, anxious, stressed?

Did it affect your homelife or have a negative affect on your business?

What if any steps did you take to remedy?

Did you seek legal remedy? what was the outcome?

If you knew the person who was fabricating lie after lie about you, and you knew why this person might do such a thing, what would you do?

http://www.wikihow.com/Squelch-Malicious-Gossip

phone the Jeremy Kyle hotline get them on the show and get the programme to do lie detector and dna tests

if it is seriously malicious, see a solicitor

I am bemused!
    Tried to let some people know the rumours are unfounded by telling them the rumour is untrue... by going into work looking like a yummy mummy with a flat tum (big pants) when I went in to change my pass.... but as im still on maternity leave(due back 1st Jan) there is nothing else I can do (well in 9 mnths time they will know the rumours are not true) as I wont have another baby if the fact that I dont have a bump doesnt give them a clue... other than that I denied the rumour on the org....
    Oh well .. the rumour starter has nothing else to do obviously but Im not that bothered but I had better not put any weight on incase I get asked when are you due? because that would bother me
    If I knew who started the rumour they would get the full force of me in hissy fit mode! I dont do angry often but when I do everyone knows about it!

I have had lies told about me by Highland Social Services I have been trying to prove it for 2 years but as with any goverment run agency who are the only people you can complain too even with evidence of their lies even by independent wittnesses your basically banging your head against a wall.
    I personally will keep at it until I get an indepentant enquiry or I drop dead.
    But thats me most people (I have been told I'm wasting my time and not to bother) would have not bothered.

Yes it does make me angry as other people who can't defend themselves are involved
    Yes it has effected my personal life mainly due to the time of writing letters to politicians and the SS and trying to get people to come forward and not be frightened by these bureaucrats
    Unfortunatley I'm not in the financial position to get legal advice/help I'm not a politician earning excess of £65 grand so I'm not entitled to legal help
    Last edited by series2A; 01-May-10 at 21:19.

Default rumour mill

To put rumour mills out of work you need to either have a thick skin or move to an inner city area where nobody knows anyone and mind their own beeswax, thankfully up here if you do forget what you were meant to be doing or what you have done there is always someone who can tell you...allbeit with arms and legs. Unless the rumours are of a deflamatorry nature where life or quality of life are at risk I doubt the sueing route would be the way to go...might even fuel the rumour mill further.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathy@watten View Post
    To put rumour mills out of work you need to either have a thick skin or move to an inner city area where nobody knows anyone and mind their own beeswax, thankfully up here if you do forget what you were meant to be doing or what you have done there is always someone who can tell you...allbeit with arms and legs. Unless the rumours are of a deflamatorry nature where life or quality of life are at risk I doubt the sueing route would be the way to go...might even fuel the rumour mill further.
    Funnily enough I wholeheartedly agree with you,
    best perhaps, not to forget, rather to ignore, rise above it and get on with life,

Default Gossip

Gossip can cause a lot of problems for folk. As we know from good exerience!!! We lost a house and living because of gossip. It hurts and it really makes you angry but to be honest it's best just to grin and bare it and they will soon have something else to talk about. Infact I'm sure the people starting the gossip can't stand it when people say things about them!!!

Quote Originally Posted by series2A View Post
    I have had lies told about me by Highland Social Services I have been trying to prove it for 2 years but as with any goverment run agency who are the only people you can complain too even with evidence of their lies even by independent wittnesses your basically banging your head against a wall.
    I personally will keep at it until I get an indepentant enquiry or I drop dead.
    But thats me most people (I have been told I'm wasting my time and not to bother) would have not bothered.
    The red tape involved is not always worth the stress, although I do see your point,
    but to always remember, that at times, not even the courts can offer full resolution.
    Fight or flight, a difficult choice indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadie View Post
    I am bemused!
    Tried to let some people know the rumours are unfounded by telling them the rumour is untrue... by going into work looking like a yummy mummy with a flat tum (big pants) when I went in to change my pass.... but as im still on maternity leave(due back 1st Jan) there is nothing else I can do (well in 9 mnths time they will know the rumours are not true) as I wont have another baby if the fact that I dont have a bump doesnt give them a clue... other than that I denied the rumour on the org....
    Oh well .. the rumour starter has nothing else to do obviously but Im not that bothered but I had better not put any weight on incase I get asked when are you due? because that would bother me
    If I knew who started the rumour they would get the full force of me in hissy fit mode! I dont do angry often but when I do everyone knows about it!
    I remember your previous thread, I can almost feel your anger.

"Fight or flight, a difficult choice indeed."

Not necessarily - there is a third option.

Damn their eyes, spit at their feet and tell em to prattle their worst - you don't give a hoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartlett Boy View Post
    Gossip can cause a lot of problems for folk. As we know from good exerience!!! We lost a house and living because of gossip. It hurts and it really makes you angry but to be honest it's best just to grin and bare it and they will soon have something else to talk about. Infact I'm sure the people starting the gossip can't stand it when people say things about them!!!
    Ditto, I agree with you in every sense.

Quote Originally Posted by John Little View Post
    "Fight or flight, a difficult choice indeed."

Not necessarily - there is a third option.

Damn their eyes, spit at their feet and tell em to prattle their worst - you don't give a hoot.
    Hmm, like that choice too.

Quote Originally Posted by Commore View Post
    Have you ever been the subject of malicious gossip? and if you have, how did you deal with it?

If you knew the person who was fabricating lie after lie about you, and you knew why this person might do such a thing, what would you do?

#

Make a joke about it once people no you aint bothered about the rumour it will die the worst thing about a rumour is everyone adds on abit without relising and about 20 people later the story is completley different from the original rumour

The red tape involved is not always worth the stress, although I do see your point,
    but to always remember, that at times, not even the courts can offer full resolution.
    Fight or flight, a difficult choice indeed.
    I hit the post button before I posted so I was editing when you were replying.
    My main concern is other people who can not defend themselves are being abused and no one is prepared to listen as it involves SS and many people are very frightened (with good cause as I have found out) and want to stay well away with any complaints against these people as previous cases in other parts of the country have found out after independent enquirers have been done unfortunatley after a death or severe injury which as far as I'm concerned is too late especialy when warning (and more than one) had been ignored
    Last edited by series2A; 01-May-10 at 21:35.

Wasnt that bothered about the rumour until a good friend of mine phoned me a bit put out that I never told her that I was pregnant.... I then nearly fell out with her for listening to the gossip (she was one of the first people i told when I was pregnant with all 3 kids!).... then my hubby and my dad both told me they heard the gossip at work and both of them are not really in the gossip loop so to speak!
    So apart from this im in ignore mode.....
    not letting it bother or affect me apart from keeping the weight off (which wont be a bad thing anyway!)

Quote Originally Posted by series2A View Post
    I hit the post button before I posted so I was editing when you were replying.
    My main concern is other people who can not defend themselves are being abused and no one is prepared to listen as it involves SS and many people are very frightened (with good cause as I have found out) and want to stay well away with any complaints against these people as previous cases in other parts of the country have found out after independent enquirers have been done unfortunatley after a death or severe injury which as far as I'm is too late especialy when warning (and more than one) had been ignored
    Well in that case you need to form a group of like minded individuals, who despite all are prepared to "take on the establishment" as it were,
    in my experience " lone people" are seldom heard, let alone seen and are never recognised.
    I wish you luck in your fight,
    all the best as they say

Wish it was that easy to find like minded people I was threatend with "be quite or you'll be financialy effected" I didn't and I was but money dosent really bother me but unfortunately others need it.
    Thanks for your good luck.

People who know you know better. People who don`t know you don`t matter.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

thats why i was so annoyed with my friend!

Yes, I've been the victim.

I was supposed to be having an affair with my son's childminder, which was the reason for my marriage ending. This was the same childminder that I'd never met, seen nor knew existed until my ex needed one when we separated and I had moved to England. We didn't bother defending the rumours, it was just the usual small town gossip you get anywhere; what people don't know, they make up. Only she and I know why our marriage broke down, it had sod all to do with anyone else. Eventually the gossp died down, no doubt they found someone else to talk about.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast