Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP Grampian Television...

Unhappy RIP Grampian Television...

Yet again the Highlands have been centralised. Our T.V. channel has been changed to STV. I didn't mind the channel being controlled by Glasgow/Edinburgh but why change our logo?
    Spring has sprung, the grass is ris', I wonder where the birdies is, the birdies is on d' wing, now thats absurd, everyone knows d' wing is on d' bird

Quote Originally Posted by mccaugm
    Yet again the Highlands have been centralised. Our T.V. channel has been changed to STV. I didn't mind the channel being controlled by Glasgow/Edinburgh but why change our logo?
    Thanks, i thought i was seeing things....STV.

so we get news from edinburgh areas ??

Couldnt see anything wrong with "Grampian TV" myself, Can any1 mind at presenter Kennedy Thomson? He was there for yonks when I was wee

Quote Originally Posted by Mr P Cannop
    so we get news from edinburgh areas ??
    No change there then we never seem to get local ie north of Inverness news unless its a really big story.
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum.

I bet there won't be anything about kids bein chased by gangs with samurai swords and baseball bats (sorry, really angry that this happened in Caithness... you don't even see that in Inverness!)
    "People may say what they wish, but we are actually under no compulsion to listen." LJ, and I do so wholeheartedly agree!

Cool Kennedy Thomson

Yup remember him when I was little as well.

...and the comment re the news....everything seems to happen to south of the Ord....LOL.
    Spring has sprung, the grass is ris', I wonder where the birdies is, the birdies is on d' wing, now thats absurd, everyone knows d' wing is on d' bird

Default Samurai Swords

Quote Originally Posted by ŠAmethyst
    I bet there won't be anything about kids bein chased by gangs with samurai swords and baseball bats (sorry, really angry that this happened in Caithness... you don't even see that in Inverness!)
    Could you elaborate...as I don't know about this???

is on other Did you hear???? thread
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum.

i thought it was r.i.p grampian tv year's ago,they show nothing but rubbish anyway

It's not as if there was much news going on in the Highlands and Grampian areas anyway. Face it, Glasgow and Edinburgh is Scotland... in the STV's eyes anyway.

Incedentally, anyone hear about the Press & Journal's headline re: the sinking of the Titanic?

NORTH EAST MAN LOST AT SEA

Quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Roses
    Couldnt see anything wrong with "Grampian TV" myself, Can any1 mind at presenter Kennedy Thomson? He was there for yonks when I was wee
    I remember him

My favourite was Jimmy Spankie

They say its bad for your vision!!!

He even came to Thurso to be speaker at Gala one year I seem to recall

A North East Legend

And of course there was Selina Scott - -More legs than legend!

Grew up with STV.Always thought when I was wee that Grampian Tv was all about sheep and crofts.Ye would see clips on STV of programmes made by Grampian and it would be all about tractors.

Must admit when I migrated North,that Grampian was a lot more like a community channel.STV only had one good programme anyway,Glen Michaels Calvacade on a Sunday afternoon.
    Their coming to take me away.....haha-hee-hee-ho-ho

krieve Guest

I have not really noticed any difference apart from the name i suppose it doesn't really matter.

[quote=Gogglebox]I remember him

My favourite was Jimmy Spankie

They say its bad for your vision!!!

He even came to Thurso to be speaker at Gala one year I seem to recall

A North East Legend

And of course there was Selina Scott - -More legs than legend![/quote

http://img309.imageshack.us/my.php?i...hompson1ro.jpg

Now it turns oot the man is dead, RIP

Default Stv

STV is just grampian TV and Scottish TV put together, it says it on their website.

both stv and grampian have been owned by the same company for years (smg) it was only a matter of time before they merged the names
    beauty is in the eye of the beerholder!

Quote Originally Posted by dunderheed
    both stv and grampian have been owned by the same company for years (smg) it was only a matter of time before they merged the names
    Wanadoo, the internet provider and orange are doing the same thing in that they are doing away with the wanadoo name and bringing them both under the name orange.
    Last edited by pultneytooner; 31-May-06 at 18:25.

krieve Guest

I noticed that today pultneytooner the webmail looks a bit strange but i will get used to it .

Quote Originally Posted by robin170491
    STV is just grampian TV and Scottish TV put together, it says it on their website.
    They are both part of the SMG.
    Not all chillies are hot but do not be deceived

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast