Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone had the same experience?

Default Anyone had the same experience?

Having recently turned 18 I expect to be asked for ID when purchasing restricted items such as alcohol and have absolutely no objection to this. I do however object to being asked to provide a second form of identification because the cashier does not believe the photo is myself. I understand that over time my looks have changed slightly but the only major difference in the photo is that my hair is straight whereas now I usually have my hair curly. This has happened on several occaisions in the same shop and on every occurance the manager is called to check both forms of ID. Just curious to know whether this happens to anyone else as I now have to carry 2 forms of ID.

Default id

hey i have seen me going into tesco's before and i am 27 yrs old and the cashier asking me for id to buy stuff so hope that eases your mind lassie lol

maybe you take after your mother and look way younger than your years but posting at 4am will soon make you look more haggard and therefore older so no need to carry 2 forms of ID

but for now the easy answer is don't buy alcohol or fags............both are bad for you! xxx

Lassie, I have some bad news for you.

It's very much an 'in' joke amongst checkout staff.
    They have a set-up where if they find a really dodgy or funny photo of someone, they'll call over their supervisor to check how bad it really is. At the end of the week the supervisor gives out a small prize in the staffroom for the person who found the ugliest or scariest photo.

Sorry about that, but it's only right that you know.

Quote Originally Posted by northener View Post

They have a set-up where if they find a really dodgy or funny photo of someone, they'll call over their supervisor to check how bad it really is. At the end of the week the supervisor gives out a small prize in the staffroom for the person who found the ugliest or scariest photo.

Oh you have just gone way up in my estimations Northerner, that will not be well received

Quote Originally Posted by northener View Post

You really should be locked up you know

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ducati View Post
    You really should be locked up you know
    Thats the best compliment i've had in a long time.....

...in fact, it's the only compliment I've had in a long time.

Unhappy

if it cheers you up, im 23 and have a baby, was trying to purchase a film for those over 15 and was still asked for id. had car keys in my hand and everything. however im 5 foot nothing and built like a 9 year old so it could be that

have had the 2 id thing as well, was meeting some friends at a bar in edinburgh and the bouncer thought id "borrowed" an id because i didnt look like i was 21 or 22 (whatever age i was), finally got in after a driver's license, student id, 2 credit cards and a debit card.

Did you get them back?

haha yeha after he shined them under the uv light torch things.

when i was clubbin i carried £20 and a condom, how things change!

im a girl, i only carried a fiver lol

I was ID'd for non-alcoholic lager once and on another occasion was refused Champagne truffles for an anniversary gift as my mate who was with me didn't have any ID.
    I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore

haha i did get id'd for shloer once!

I have been I.D1'd for a tattie peeler!

I once got asked for alternative ID but that was nothing to do with buying drink, it was by the police.
    Fair enough the picture on my driving license was taken when i was 16 and i was 26 when this happened, and I have changed a fair bit since it was taken.
    Couldnt help but laugh tho.

I've only ever been asked for ID once, and that was shortly after my 18th birthday in a pub I'd been boozin' in since I was 15!

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    I've only ever been asked for ID once, and that was shortly after my 18th birthday in a pub I'd been boozin' in since I was 15!
    same haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Lassie View Post
    Having recently turned 18 I expect to be asked for ID when purchasing restricted items such as alcohol and have absolutely no objection to this. I do however object to being asked to provide a second form of identification because the cashier does not believe the photo is myself. I understand that over time my looks have changed slightly but the only major difference in the photo is that my hair is straight whereas now I usually have my hair curly. This has happened on several occaisions in the same shop and on every occurance the manager is called to check both forms of ID. Just curious to know whether this happens to anyone else as I now have to carry 2 forms of ID.

Just because you have ID it does not mean that the shop you are in have to accept it. If for any reason, and I do mean ANY REASON, they are not sure about the ID you provide, they are perfectly in their rights to ask for further ID or refuse to sell to you.

Also I am sure that last time I was in Tesco I heard an announcement that shoppers must be or provide ID that they are at least 25 Years Old before they will sell Alcohol. So if this is true even with your ID proving you are 18 they just might not sell to you.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

I was trying to buy some booze (along with the week's shopping) the other day and was asked for ID. As I am fast approaching 35 and have three children, I haven't felt the need to carry any ID. The jobsworth behind the till refused to give it to me and gave me a lecture about carrying ID. I think she was expecting a bit of a set-to, but I just told her that I had no intention of standing pleading so asked her to just remove the offending articles from my shopping. I never had a grilling like it when I was under-age.

Now, I am a firm believer in cracking down but crack down on the youngsters and leave the rest of us to enjoy a glass of plonk whilst watching Corrie without the rigmarole.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast