Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Laptop Power.

Default Laptop Power.

Hey folks, my laptop has now developed a loose connection when you plug in the power cable.
    It basically wiggles in the slot and you kind of have to hold it in for it to charge.
    I know it's a fairly simple job to fix it though, anyone keen to have a look at it?

Thanks.
    Pictures of you, litter my floorboards.

Fairly simple eh! - not from my experience. Firstly you have to dismantle the laptop right down to board level and then you need a quality soldering station, desoldering pump and/or flux, as well as the knowledge to use it without causing any damage to surrounding components.

IMO the power connector is one of the most awkward components to replace.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobinovich View Post
    Fairly simple eh! - not from my experience. Firstly you have to dismantle the laptop right down to board level and then you need a quality soldering station, desoldering pump and/or flux, as well as the knowledge to use it without causing any damage to surrounding components.

IMO the power connector is one of the most awkward components to replace.
    Hi Bob, I have been told by an experienced fellow that it all depends on make and model of Laptop.
    Luckily I have one of the easy models to do. Thank god for that.
    Pictures of you, litter my floorboards.

Ah well I'll take your/his work for that - the ones I've tried (and failed at each time) have put me off for good, I'll not try another.