Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

View Poll Results: Best Chippy?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Houston's

8 13.33%
  • Henrietta's

40 66.67%
  • Harbour

8 13.33%
  • Pit Stop

4 6.67%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chippy

Default Chippy

Which is the best? I think Houston's.

Default chippy

Henriettas in my opinion! They pre fry the chips in Houstons then throw them back in just 2 heat them up n i dont like at! Had a sausage supper fae Henrietta the night yummy!

i voted harbour, but the best chippy in the north is the la mirage at helmsdale!
    Everyone is a genius,
    but if you judge a fish
    on its ability to climb a tree,
    it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.....

Quote Originally Posted by annemarie482 View Post
    ...but the best chippy in the north is the la mirage at helmsdale!
    Ooh definitely.

hi i like henrietta and the staff are nice [paula] very helpful chips are really good and the fish supper mmmm

I like Castletown chipshop the fish tastes lovely and the chips are heavenly mmmm

Sorry just noticed the poll out of them it would be Henriettas ive tried the pit stop but dont rate it at all
    Last edited by S&LHEN; 01-Apr-10 at 22:07.
    Live and let live

Best chip shop ever is the trawler in Golspie!!!!! Up here though i like the pit stop.
    What doesn't kill you, will make you stronger.....

the pitstop is best for portion size but apart from that they all have their suppers that are better tah in other places but the harbour has the best batter

I go to the week side to get a chippy, can't beat Henrietta's.

None of them, the Very Best Chippy in all of Caithness is the :-

Castletown Chippy.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

I'd vote for Castletown too!

Talking yip

me too castletown or helmsdale chipper yummy to both

Castletown chippy is not bad, but nothing to rave about, have to say I have only been there once, maybe a bad night.
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    Castletown chippy is not bad, but nothing to rave about, have to say I have only been there once, maybe a bad night.
    If you go to Castletown for your chips are they not cold by the time you arrive home in Edinburgh ?

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    If you go to Castletown for your chips are they not cold by the time you arrive home in Edinburgh ?
    Sighs....if you think that is humour, then your wrong kodiak

No ... Not humour only the truth. In other words how can you state what the Chippy in Castletown is like when you live in Edinburgh.

You might have been in once, but how long ago was that and was it the same owners that have it now, as it has changed hands a few times.

Edgar Allen Poe

No ... Not humour only the truth. In other words how can you state what the Chippy in Castletown is like when you live in Edinburgh.

You might have been in once, but how long ago was that and was it the same owners that have it now, as it has changed hands a few times.
    kodiak, I do not have to justify my statement to you, I know who the present owner is, and I do come to my home county now and again, I have been in better chippys, the Tailend in Leith Walk, the Anstruther Fish bar to name but two.

Ahh But this not about Chippys in Leith or Anstruther, it is about here in Caithness.

If is was about the Best Chippy in Scotland I could have gone on about The Deep Sea, Nethergate in Dundee as I lived there for 23 years, or even Dora's in Chip Shop also in Dundee, but I didn't.

I notice you never answered my question, how long has it been since you last in the Castletown Chippy. But I am sure you wont answer and just say I do not have to answer to you.

Edgar Allen Poe

I notice you never answered my question, how long has it been since you last in the Castletown Chippy. But I am sure you wont answer and just say I do not have to answer to you.
    I had my first and last fish supper from the Castletown chippy in August 2009. and a mute point until you brought it up, the poll was about chippys in Wick if I am not wrong, not Caithness
    Last edited by golach; 02-Apr-10 at 09:50.

Ahhh But Castletown is only 16 miles from Wick. Where Edinburgh is... let me see now... Ah yes about 350 miles from Wick....

Edgar Allen Poe

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast