Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you wear one?

Default Do you wear one?

Had a discussion with a friend the other day about watches. He feels naked without one whereas i don't wear one outside work at all. If out of the house I use my phone to check the time and in the house the wall clock.

I used to always need to wear a watch but now i feel strange wearing one outside of work. Lord knows what changed that

How do you feel about your watch?
    Electronics, Sales, Spares & Repairs * TV * AUDIO * PC & LAPTOP * GAMES CONSOLES * IN CAR ENTERTAINMENT * DOMESTIC APPLIANCES * WEEE DISPOSAL *www.facebook.com/Vistravi.Tech * www.vistravi.com *

I hadent had one since i was a teenager and never felt the need for one. I was given one for my birthday 18 months ago and now feel strange when i am not wearing it. I almost compusively start glancing at my wrist!! I dont know what this says about me....if anything..lol
    dafsorkneybirding.blogspot.com

Mine is gold plated but washing gave me a rash underneath the strap so I dont wear it much and really just look at my phone when out and about!
    But Im lucky nothing really has to be done to time.... as im at home as long as it gets done sometime its ok!.... but when I was at work every 5 mins had to be accounted for!

I've always worn a watch, and I too feel naked without it. Even when I'm sunbathing I wear a watch.

I used to always wear a watch, always. Even when in bed, nekid 'cept fer a watch.

Now, I can't find it half the time. I did notice today that I hadn't corrected the date since the end of Feb', it still shows as the 19th.

Haven't worn one for years. My mobile is with me pretty much all the time and, seeing as it has my diary, to do list, notes, calendar, camera, MP3 player, wee 'passing time' games etc. it's far more functional than any watch.

*laughs*
    there is hardly a difference between me with a tan or not!
    >Blue or pasty white and peeling!
    After the lobster red and so sore stage I try not to do !!!

I'd miss mine instantly as it is so heavy, i've one arm longer than the other coz of it, lol!! (for Watchmatologist's, it's a Breitling Super Avenger). It was always on my 'things to buy, when i could afford it'. Aston Martin is next!

Quote Originally Posted by dafi View Post
    I hadent had one since i was a teenager and never felt the need for one. I was given one for my birthday 18 months ago and now feel strange when i am not wearing it. I almost compusively start glancing at my wrist!! I dont know what this says about me....if anything..lol
    I started wearing one as a teenager and it came compulsary to wear one. Now a watch on my small wrists just looks strange. My partner would be lost without one.
    Electronics, Sales, Spares & Repairs * TV * AUDIO * PC & LAPTOP * GAMES CONSOLES * IN CAR ENTERTAINMENT * DOMESTIC APPLIANCES * WEEE DISPOSAL *www.facebook.com/Vistravi.Tech * www.vistravi.com *

Had a shot in an aston martin or 2 when they decided to visit Dounreay.... I must be a dumb blonde or just female.... I didnt find that an aston martin even though it was used by james bond in the films was "all that" at all!... even if the guys I was with didnt speak to me all the rest of the day after a spin in 1 which they didnt get the offer of as it was driven by a BOF who thought he fancied his chances...(in my book not a chance in hell)

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    I used to always wear a watch, always. Even when in bed, nekid 'cept fer a watch.

Now, I can't find it half the time. I did notice today that I hadn't corrected the date since the end of Feb', it still shows as the 19th.
    I stopped wearing a watch in bed after too many complaints from ladies being scratched.

Quote Originally Posted by webmannie View Post
    I'd miss mine instantly as it is so heavy, i've one arm longer than the other coz of it, lol!! (for Watchmatologist's, it's a Breitling Super Avenger). It was always on my 'things to buy, when i could afford it'. Aston Martin is next!
    I've not worn one for 30 years or more but I do keep promising myself one of those super slim Longines, really just because of the association with speed records

Oh, and the definition of an optimist is someone who thinks they can just about afford to run an Aston
    Last edited by ducati; 23-Mar-10 at 01:44.

Quote Originally Posted by ducati View Post
    Oh, and the definition of an optimist is someone who thinks they can just about afford to run an Aston
    I reckon he could just about afford to run one, but not to buy one and run one.

Anyway, to the question in hand (or wrist):

I wear a watch (and a wedding ring and glasses) when I'm outside or in a public place like a pub, and take them all off once I'm inside (work or home).

I don't know why. It just feels right.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

I feel lost without one. I have a good collection of wrist watches but after developing a reaction to the metal reverted to wearing my old nursing watch.

i have a pocket watch my dad gave me for my 21st, but other than that i don't own a watch.
    tend to use the mobile for checking the time.
    it's a sair fecht

I always wear a watch, I feel lost without one, still have old watches as I'd never let an old watch get destroyed.

I lost my watch the other day, I would have looked for it but I didn't have the time.
    I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible View Post
    I lost my watch the other day, I would have looked for it but I didn't have the time.
    BOO!!!

Anyway, I wear one everyday from when I wake up to when I go to bed. I don't really know why either, no matter where I am I am likely to either have my mobile, ipod, or laptop, never mind the numerous clocks around the buildings. It's just habit, and I feel odd without it on my wrist.
    I shall be telling this with a sigh, somewhere ages and ages hence. Two roads diverged in a wood, and I — I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Never have it off my wrist other than in the shower or bath have been known to wear it in the bath.............I do go through the watches

Quote Originally Posted by joxville View Post
    I stopped wearing a watch in bed after too many complaints from ladies being scratched.
    Aye that too, especially ones with metal bracelets...give nasty pinches to the skin.....apparently.

Smile

I think I have a bit of a fetish about watches, I feel lost without one and am forever looking at my wrist if I forget to put one on.

I have about 4 on the go at the moment and actually bought two from QVC (or equivalent) within half an hour of each other.

Watches are Brilliant!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast