Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: still game -free

Default still game -free

I bought a 'Record' today in Dundee on my way home. The only stop on a seven hour four hundred mile drive. The second thing I did when I got indoors was to watch the free dvd that came with the paper today.The only reason I bought it, along with 'The Mail' to be honest.

Still Game.

It was an absolute tonic. So very funny my wife and I almost split our sides. The episode where the Rottweiler took a jump off the eighteenth (?) floor. - Brilliant. I want more!!

(Off to look at e.bay next)

Quote Originally Posted by landmarker
    Still Game.

It was an absolute tonic. So very funny my wife and I almost split our sides. The episode where the Rottweiler took a jump off the eighteenth (?) floor. - Brilliant. I want more!!
    Landmarker "Still Game" I think is one of Scotlands better comedy shows, we are I think on series 5 up here, and I think that it was transmitted down south for the first time recently.
    The actor who plays Eric, James Martin is a personal pal of mine, he is in his 70's, and is the envy of all the other cast. as he spends about 5 mins in make up, the rest are all aged 40ish so spend hours in make up, getting in to character, and he is as funny in real life as he is on the wee screen
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

I love still game it just seems to be getting funnier. didnt get my free copy the day boo. forgot to stop in by the shop on my way past. only minded just now when i saw this post.
    think the new series is on pretty soon.
    no amount of darkness can drive out darkness
    only light can do that.

Still Game has got to be the best program on the BBC well worth paying the licence fee for. Good homegrown talent at its best
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum.

I love still game, it has me in fit's of laughter.

Think of great double acts. Morecambe and Wise. Mince and tatties. Jack and Victor. Pals since they were wee, they're on a two-man mission to prove that living on a pension doesn't stop you having a laugh. Both widowers whose kids are on the other side of the world. But living next door to each other means they're never far from a cup of tea, a biscuit and a banter.

Episode.."Flittin" from series 1, had me doubled over with laughter........weclome!
    Landmarker, series 1,2,3 and 4 is on ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by footie chick
    Still Game has got to be the best program on the BBC well worth paying the licence fee for. Good homegrown talent at its best
    Aye, the licence is worth paying when the The karen dunbar show and chewin the fat is on.

My two favourite shows

quote{Miss who do you fancy, Fancy a fancy is a french cake} classic say it the whole time to the kids
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum.

Quote Originally Posted by angela5
    Aye, the licence is worth paying when the The karen dunbar show and chewin the fat is on.
    i liked the last series of the daren dunbar show. my faves are the topless chippy woman and the singer both have me in stitches.
    in chewing the fat i loved the guys who were mad about the glasgow accent. "the banter" as they called it. cracking stuff.
    no amount of darkness can drive out darkness
    only light can do that.

Got all 4 series on DVD, albeit from ebay......still sooooooo funny!!!!!!!!!!