Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: The Quiz

Default The Quiz

Several orgers are saying that they miss the weekly quiz and have suggested that the night is changed from Sunday to another day in the hope of people being able to hold their connection.Would be a shame to see it die as over the years it has been so much fun especially with all the banter.

Would you join in and if so what night and time would most suit?

I would love to do a quizz unfortunatly best time for me is bout 9pm got kiddies, homework to do first hand
    What doesn't kill you, will make you stronger.....

I agree. 9 or even 9:30 would be best as the kids are up before and you just don't get to sit down in peace. I always used to miss the first half hour of the quiz...
    Any night is fine by me.

9.30pm would actually be more perfect a time for me as well.
    What doesn't kill you, will make you stronger.....

trouble is though the quiz can go on a while, sometimes 2 or more hours
    (\__/)
    ( o.O) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (")_(") your signature, to help him gain World Domination.

Default Quiz

and why is that I wonder?...too much banter! It is sposed to be a quiz after alll...go in the chat room if you want to chat!
    Caring people, caring for your animals......highlandpetcare.co.uk

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that is why it is called the present.

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Bear View Post
    and why is that I wonder?...too much banter! It is sposed to be a quiz after alll...go in the chat room if you want to chat!
    Gosh golly, it wouldnt be a decent quiz if there wasnt a laugh or a bit o banter going on. How else are you supposed to make new people welcome.
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

I definately miss the quizzes and mines certainly never went on for 2 hours, I was usually finished by 9.15pm at the latest. Come back the quizzes but maybe a little later as the bairn will not be in her bath at that time and Top Gear will be finished.
    Yippee puppies galore soon

Quote Originally Posted by ShelleyBain View Post
    Gosh golly, it wouldnt be a decent quiz if there wasnt a laugh or a bit o banter going on. How else are you supposed to make new people welcome.
    Totally agree Shelley. Part of the attraction is the banter! Be far too serious and boring if it was just question and answer!

I used to be a regular quiz goer but stopped after wifie left. She was the one who kept the whole thing together. It just wasn't the same once she left.
    She made everyone feel so welcome and the banter was great. So I say come back wifie and bring the Wagyūs with you.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Venture View Post
    I used to be a regular quiz goer but stopped after wifie left. She was the one who kept the whole thing together. It just wasn't the same once she left.
    She made everyone feel so welcome and the banter was great. So I say come back wifie and bring the Wagyūs with you.
    would say amen to that as the wifie is missed by many now
    she semmed to have what it takes tony

I loved taking part in the quiz, though admittedly it got embarrassing winning it so much, even when i was determined to sit it out and enjoy the banter i couldn't help but answer. Maybe it's time I returned, I do miss the banter on a Sunday evening.

Can i get a point for just replying?

Because when i did take part in the quiz's i never got points! They were too hard for me lol
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

doing the quiz is a jinx for me ,last time i done it an won i ended up getting banned for 3 months lol
    where to she go ?