Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stupid Technology!

Unhappy Stupid Technology!

Grr i hate technology! So here the story begins.

My MP4 player is a Zune, which they are only sold in america. Im on my 2nd Zune already. My first one just died on me but it was getting old and outdated. so when it finally died on me i upgraded to a 2nd Gen Zune. Cost quite a bit more to get imported but worth it. Til today!!! Iv had it just over a year and there is a contact issue with the headphones or something.

One ear of the headphones works and the other is really intermittent. Yes iv tried several other sets of headphones and new ones in it but still no luck

I cant seem to find anyone on ebay who can repair something like that for less than what i can buy a new MP4 or Zune for. So hence "Stupid Technology" because i hate it!

Im now looking for a new MP3/4 or whatever because i refuse (even though i want to) to pay £270 for the new HD Zune. I would like it but slightly out of my budget at the moment. So whilst searching through many sites there all these stupid high tech MP3/4 players that even Bill Gates would struggle to use!

What MP3/4 do you have? I need something simple to use, wont take me a day to find the song i want on it either. Also 8gb + memory, might settle for 4gb.

If i cant find anything im just gonna have to get that new Zune!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

I've had my Sony Walkman for years with no problems, people say I should upgrade to an MD Walkman though.

I would have to ask my teenager just to understand this post never mind the technology Technology and me just don't bond
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

Ho hum, Zune says it all really.

My MP3/4 player says 'Designed by Apple in California', yours might say Designed in Redmond by......'.

Same as computers really, some 'Just work' and others.........well!
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject - Winston Spencer Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by ShelleyBain View Post

My MP4 player is a Zune, which they are only sold in america. Im on my 2nd Zune already. My first one just died on me but it was getting old and outdated. so when it finally died on me i upgraded to a 2nd Gen Zune. Cost quite a bit more to get imported but worth it. Til today!!! Iv had it just over a year and there is a contact issue with the headphones or something.

One ear of the headphones works and the other is really intermittent. Yes iv tried several other sets of headphones and new ones in it but still no luck

I cant seem to find anyone on ebay who can repair something like that for less than what i can buy a new MP4 or Zune for. So hence "Stupid Technology" because i hate it!

Im now looking for a new MP3/4 or whatever because i refuse (even though i want to) to pay £270 for the new HD Zune. I would like it but slightly out of my budget at the moment. So whilst searching through many sites there all these stupid high tech MP3/4 players that even Bill Gates would struggle to use!

What MP3/4 do you have? I need something simple to use, wont take me a day to find the song i want on it either. Also 8gb + memory, might settle for 4gb.

It sounds like a typical loose connection that can be fixed locally. As long as you're happy for someone to take it apart, solder the loose connection, and put it all back together again, of course.

Colin Chessor/Alacam would be able to help, I'm sure.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Quote Originally Posted by Metalattakk View Post
    It sounds like a typical loose connection that can be fixed locally. As long as you're happy for someone to take it apart, solder the loose connection, and put it all back together again, of course.

Colin Chessor/Alacam would be able to help, I'm sure.
    Oh can they do things like that? I didnt know

I will look into that. See if they can fix it for me. Dont want to give up my cute wee pink Zune!

Cheers
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Shelly, I hve always used Creative for my music players. They are cheaper than IPod's and more reliable too.
    I got my 8gb Zen X-fi which plays videos too for £99 from amazon. Hope this helps
    (\__/)
    ( o.O) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (")_(") your signature, to help him gain World Domination.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ShelleyBain View Post

Simple solution....stop buying Zunes, get yourself a Creative Zen, you won't get better for the money.

I've an ipod Touch, works perfectly. Plus it's got eh bonus of apps.

Ive a IPod touch as well its the beat thing ever great sounds ans fantastic apps plus i have it connected to my livebox and can surf the net on it as well.
    What doesn't kill you, will make you stronger.....

I just heard "bla bla bla bla music bla bla bla bla broke bla bla bla America

I was looking at the Zens, wasnt sure what they were like though. Might give it a try if i cant get my Zune fixed. Im also looking at the ishuffle. They seem to be quite popular.

I hate walking without my music and only hearing it in one ear and occasionally a lyric or 2 in the other just bugs me!

Whats the sound quality like on a Zen? I likes it loud drown out the world
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

I've always had Creative Zens. Would never change brand. Love them. Reliable, look good, easy interface. My latest one is 3 years old now and I dropped it in water lol (not for long and for a few days buttons didn't work but all okay now). Talk about hardy. Also it is 16GB and didn't cost much really.
    Sound quality is pretty epic especially with the in ear sound blocking earphones (but watch when crossing the road!). Normal ones can't stay in my ear anyway so they are good on both levels. I think Zens come with them normally but if not I currently have skullcandy ones which have lasted a year and still like new. Previously I had Sennheiser ones which are similar but fell apart pretty quickly (2 pairs in 1 year).

Anyway with your Zune is there no warranty? Even if not explicit there might be one if it's within a year since buying. Maybe not time to give up on it yet.

yep id go with zen too
    haD ONE FOR YEARS STILL GOING opps caps lock.....

as for the int right ear, it could be a carbonised spring, a dose of switch cleaner/lube might well work, something like servisol10 from maplins or wherever, but dont use WD40!

dx
    Private Electronic Workshop in Wick - send us a PM
    **WE NOW DO REPAIRS AND CRACKED SCREENS ON MANY PHONES & TABLETS**
    PC virus/ransomware/data recovery/repair & service
    also Private marine & CB/Amateur radio repairs

I've got an iPod touch and think it's great - don't know how I've managed so long without it. Music, videos and my memory all go on it! lol Thank goodness it has a memor as I dont any more! The aps are brilliant although sometimes it takes a while to find the right one. I was given it for Christmas and use it all the time The only bugbear for me is that it is no good with Windows7.

Shelly when you buy a Zen they provide in the ear head phones, which are very good (when my h/phones broke I looked to buy the same pair provided - £60!) but I now use Sony ones which are also excellent.
    With the x-fi it has an option to make it clearer (crystalise or something) and you can defintly hear the difference with and without.
    (\__/)
    ( o.O) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (")_(") your signature, to help him gain World Domination.

I dont have an mp3 player, I just use my Blackberry or Psp
    I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore

Is it wise for a mother to be listening to a MP3 player whilst pushing a pram?

Quote Originally Posted by Anfield View Post
    What business is it of yours? If i wanted an opinion on that i would have asked. Im not stupid. Dont have it mega loud when i have my son with me. What do you take me for?
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Anfield View Post

i dont understand why she shouldnt be listening to one

really strange comment !
    ELVIS ISN'T DEAD I HEARD HIM ON THE RADIO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast