PDA

View Full Version : Car trouble.

2little2late
10-May-06, 16:23
I have a Nissan Primera. Engine management light is on constantly. Trouble is I can't afford the £50.00 or so it will cost to take to a dealer for them to put the computer on to find the problem. Anyone out there know of someone who can do this at a reasonable price?

Whitewater
10-May-06, 16:41
There is a garage up at the Industrial Estate in Wick that does a lot of auto electrical work. In think the name of the guy who has it is. something Gordon, he used to have the small garage beside the video shop in Smith Terrace.
Some of the management systems are specific to the particular type of car.

pultneytooner
10-May-06, 19:14
I think that's gordon morrison, I think he's pretty reasonable.

dozerboy
10-May-06, 20:05
put some tape over the light so you canny see it, that would be real cheap

melted_wellie
10-May-06, 20:07
put some tape over the light so you canny see it, that would be real cheapor takin the bulb out helps too.

ice box
10-May-06, 20:10
I think you will find out that it is Campbell Gordon is at the industrial estate but thats is his shop and his garage is at the back of the black stair lounge .

Gordon Morrison has retired the guy that used work for him is now up at Alan Ross at newton hill he does all electric from there but mind you he charges £30 an hour steep but good .

horseman
25-Feb-07, 15:17
dozerboy and melted welly.. wish we had first class mechanics like yous down here bye me it would save me a fortune.

johno
25-Feb-07, 16:23
yea i think some manufacturers want you to get their cars serviced by the franchised dealers like bmw when the vehicle is serviced they stick the diognostic plug in and recalibrate the the service intervals.
dont think this,ll make any diff so like dozerboy & melted wellie said either stick tape over or remove the bulb?? or get a service from the dealer?:mad:

Royster1911
25-Feb-07, 20:46
So what exactly is wrong with your jeely? if it aint broke, dont fix it. Engine management systems dont mean a great deal unless you want to spend a lot of cash to reset the system.

rs 2k
26-Feb-07, 11:23
Why don't u try and reset it yourself, halfords sell a varied selection of engine management diagnostics (reset) tools prices vary from a £5 to £30

Will save you a fortune in the long run or of course u could try ebay :)

Another thing u could do is service the car yourself

I had a few vauxhalls that every now and again the engine management light would come on but the car still ran fine, one case was due to the panel air filter was starting to choke up replaced it and the light went off

Another time was, i just changed the spark plugs

Hope this helps a bit

RS 2K :)

quality
26-Feb-07, 11:56
I think it will have been fixed by now as the original post is 9 months old.

rs 2k
26-Feb-07, 11:57
:lol: I never noticed the date

U r probably right

But beening a Nissan it could of delevoped a few other problems by now :lol:

dozerboy
26-Feb-07, 13:48
:lol: I never noticed the date

U r probably right

But beening a Nissan it could of delevoped a few other problems by now :lol:

who resurected this old thread??

somebody must have got a penalty for trolling surely!!

2little2late
27-Feb-07, 01:49
The car has now been fixed and it is running better than when I bought it three years ago. Thanks to everyone who offered their (useful) advice.