PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle Auctions

wings
09-May-06, 23:18
Has anyone ever been to a vehicle auction in Aberdeen or Perth? Or anywhere else for that matter in Scotland? And what day are they on?

Cheers

dozerboy
10-May-06, 07:52
I used to go to an auction in Kinross, but I can't remember what day they were on, think it was twice a week. A very interesting experience.

EDDIE
10-May-06, 17:06
Has anyone ever been to a vehicle auction in Aberdeen or Perth? Or anywhere else for that matter in Scotland? And what day are they on?

Cheers
The auctions in aberdeen are on monday nights here is a link of the people that organize it
http://www.smag.co.uk/

But you have to remember that a lot of the cars at the auctions are there because they cant sell them privatley the vast amount of the cars there are wrecks
The trouble with going to auction you dont get the chance to test drive them and have a right good look at them its a case of your eyes is your merchant and if you buy one when you drive the car home you will discover all the faults and you will then no why it went through an auction

EDDIE
10-May-06, 17:08
the same group also uaction cars at thainstone mart at inverurie

emszxr
10-May-06, 19:32
the perth auctions are on a thursday night and sunday.
i used to go on a thursday night all the time when i was on the road.

thrumsterloon
10-May-06, 20:55
Thainstone auctions are on monday & thursdays start about 6.00pm

robfal
10-May-06, 21:50
I have been at Aberdeen auctions a few times they are quite good as most of the cars there are trade ins from main dealers like arnold clarke and the big garages.

wings
11-May-06, 21:16
Cheers folkies.
Willna need an auction though as i managed to get my van locally.

Thanks for your help.