PDA

View Full Version : What would you take the axe to?

hunter
12-Feb-10, 14:39
Recession is beginning to hit the public sector. The money cow is being slaughtered at Dounreay and the Highland Council is running out of cash. Now the NHS in Caithness and Sutherland needs to strip £1.2m from its budget. What would you stop or reduce in the NHS locally to save money?

ducati
12-Feb-10, 14:49
Recession is beginning to hit the public sector. The money cow is being slaughtered at Dounreay and the Highland Council is running out of cash. Now the NHS in Caithness and Sutherland needs to strip £1.2m from its budget. What would you stop or reduce in the NHS locally to save money?

1 in 10 none medical posts. You wouldnt notice the difference (unless you were one of the 1 in 10).

changilass
12-Feb-10, 15:23
Charge folks a tenner a time if they do not turn up to appointments, this shoud happen if they are working or on benefits.

This would save a bliddy fortune.

:cool:

riggerboy
12-Feb-10, 16:28
i`d take the axe to the whole blinking council

Bazeye
12-Feb-10, 18:22

You'd need a big chopper for that.

Boozeburglar
12-Feb-10, 18:32

Who decided they NEED to do this?

Stack Rock
12-Feb-10, 20:19

To be replaced with what?
Scottish Ex at Holyrood!!!!! More beauroxity and expense.
Back to Caithness County Council is the best option.

hunter
12-Feb-10, 21:19
Who decided they NEED to do this?

Simple economics, really. The cost of the service in 2010-11, at its current level, is £1.2 million more than the grant coming down through the NHS from Edinburgh.

So, either they reduce the service or increase the income. The latter isn't an option, since they cannot charge or borrow.

Boozeburglar
12-Feb-10, 21:32
Is the budget fixed, and they are forecast to exceed it?

ShelleyCowie
12-Feb-10, 21:49
Charge folks a tenner a time if they do not turn up to appointments, this shoud happen if they are working or on benefits.

This would save a bliddy fortune.

:cool:

I completely agree! Appointments are constantly missed and this costs money. Obviously there are people who sometimes genuinely forget about appointments, but i think they should still pay! I have been guilty of forgetting once about a doctors app and i felt so bad! I phoned them as soon as i realised i had forgotten and appologised.

riggerboy
13-Feb-10, 09:20
You'd need a big chopper for that.

minds me of a summer morning i was sitting on the deck chair beer in hand the wife cutting the grass, i shouted to her oi get me another beer she in turn stopped cutting the grass and went to the fridge, my next door neighbour looked over the fence and said to me

you should be bloody well hung for that

i replied i am why do think she does as shes told

weeksider
13-Feb-10, 15:56
Cut the Council staff in the offices and the foremen who run about in vans all day ,not the workers on the Front Line ?

shazzap
13-Feb-10, 17:41
minds me of a summer morning i was sitting on the deck chair beer in hand the wife cutting the grass, i shouted to her oi get me another beer she in turn stopped cutting the grass and went to the fridge, my next door neighbour looked over the fence and said to me

you should be bloody well hung for that

i replied i am why do think she does as shes told

I suppose you are allowed to dream. [lol][lol][lol]

riggerboy
13-Feb-10, 17:46
I suppose you are allowed to dream. [lol][lol][lol]

yes you may dream but its not happening i`m spoken for

shazzap
13-Feb-10, 17:48
yes you may dream but its not happening i`m spoken for

I said dream not NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!

riggerboy
13-Feb-10, 18:46
I said dream not NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!

with that i will bow out gracefully lol

Loch not Lock
13-Feb-10, 19:35
The eyesore of a building opposite the Pentland Hotel.

northener
13-Feb-10, 19:42
Probably not wasting time on drunken numpties in A&E would save a bob or two.

Loch not Lock
13-Feb-10, 20:00
That falling down Christian Book Shop in Olrig Street. How can God's so called children inflict this image upon us. I feel so sorry for the owners of the smart boutique next door to it. Come on thee worshippers and wield your heavy axes and bring it to the ground![evil]

Loch not Lock
13-Feb-10, 20:09
The Sabbbbath would be a good day to start the demolition.

Kevin Milkins
13-Feb-10, 20:10
If I where Scottish, I think that second hand, second rate Englishman Andy Robinson would be a good place to sink an axe, what was the SRFU thinking when they decided to appoint a new coach?:confused

ducati
13-Feb-10, 20:36
The Sabbbbath would be a good day to start the demolition.

I think you have only read the title, not the post ;)

Kevin Milkins
13-Feb-10, 20:45
I think you have only read the title, not the post ;)

I think I might have been guilty of that as well.:confused SORRY.

florence
13-Feb-10, 21:18
Get rid of the dour bureaucrats who spend their time looking at patients like they've stepped in something. Keep the front line staff and pay them more, not less, for God's sake....

Blarney
14-Feb-10, 22:54
Get rid of the dour bureaucrats who spend their time looking at patients like they've stepped in something. Keep the front line staff and pay them more, not less, for God's sake....
Spoken from the heart. Think you must definitely have a career interest in this topic Florence.......hold on, your surname's not Nightingale by any chance?;)