PDA

View Full Version : PC repair

buzzard
12-Feb-10, 10:48
Hello,

Is there anyone in Caithness who fixes computers? I find some details of 'computafix' on the net, but get different addresses and don't know if they're still working.
Our desktop has not been used for a long time (about 20 months) and now it doesn't work. It seems to power up but the monitor gets no signal.
It powers up as soon as I switch on the electricity supply (without using the on/off button), and there's no way to turn it off again (holding the on/off button doesn't work, neither does the restart button). Don't know if it boots (I get one beep and some noise), probably not, fans are working.
I tried putting the memory into the other slot, changed the CMOS battery, but this didn't help.
Either there's a problem with the power supply, or with the memory, or with the motherboard :roll: don't know but need someone to check it out.
Thanks.

buzzard
12-Feb-10, 10:57
Forgot to mention,it's not a very old computer, maybe about 3 years old, Athlon dual core.

Brizer2k7
12-Feb-10, 13:03
Quite a few people could have a look at it for you. My old buddy from my days at BT Internet 2nd Line support Pete Brown or Paul from Blue Ivy. There are other people on here that can have a look if you send them a private message e.g. Bobinovich

buzzard
12-Feb-10, 20:30
Thanks.
it's now at Jektec's.