PDA

View Full Version : Valentines Day?

Dadie
10-Feb-10, 12:29
What do you get for the man with everything?

The new girlfriend?

Or are you one of the nasty shallow people who dump their oh beforehand to save buying a gift?

ps Hubby is getting a card! And maybe one of his fave meals- seafood pasta or cullen skink!

Ash
10-Feb-10, 13:02
we are just exchanging cards and cooking a nice meal :)

ShelleyCowie
10-Feb-10, 13:18
Me and my OH have never been big on valentines day, he is not the most romantic of men :roll: But we are exchanging cards, he has bought me a gift and apparently i bought him one too. He decided to go and buy his own lol.

tartanyorkie
10-Feb-10, 13:50
We were going to go out for a meal then some cretin going too fast took the wing mirror off our car as OH was going to work yesterday morning. It is a good job I prefer doing something at home. A couple of steaks and a bottle of wine will be nice.

Vistravi
10-Feb-10, 20:30
I think Dadie it depends on what he likes. My partner seems difficult to get anything for but i know the little things he likes just because they're cute so for me he is very easy to get for really.

But we both think valentimes day is just a marketing scam so we don't bother with it.

Dadie
11-Feb-10, 21:13
Lauren made Daddy a card today at nursery and it will take until Sunday for the glue to dry:lol:

I asked if she made me anything and got told No just Daddy..

Vistravi
11-Feb-10, 21:22
Lauren made Daddy a card today at nursery and it will take until Sunday for the glue to dry:lol:

I asked if she made me anything and got told No just Daddy..

Kids do love to guggle with pva glue :) I've seen some kids cover the whole of their card in glue and then only stick one wee thing on it and declare it done :lol:

Kevin Milkins
11-Feb-10, 23:04
Mrs M is a very keen crafter and card making is her favourite hobby.

What I can't understand is why she took the huff just because I asked her to make me a card to send to her for Valentine day.:roll: Bliddy wimmin.

Alice in Blunderland
11-Feb-10, 23:15

What I can't understand is why she took the huff just because I asked her to make me a card to send to her for Valentine day.:roll: Bliddy wimmin.

Oh Oh guess whos cuddling up with the doggies tonight ;)

balto
11-Feb-10, 23:20

who said romance was dead lol. after 17 year me and my oh have decided we arent bothering, or should i say he ecided and i agreed.

Rictina
11-Feb-10, 23:35
After 19 yrs, its just another day for my hubby, LOL. :lol::D

lazytown
11-Feb-10, 23:51
My OH is getting a pair of socks, and that is it.

Kevin Milkins
12-Feb-10, 05:25
Oh Oh guess whos cuddling up with the doggies tonight ;)

I can't sleep on that lumpy settee, so I may as well be on here.:confused

who said romance was dead lol. after 17 year me and my oh have decided we arent bothering, or should i say he ecided and i agreed.

I am definitely not going to fall for that old nugget again. After breakfast she will pop up with some (small little gift) and then sulk for the rest of the day because I never got her anything.:eek: