PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe in the healing power of crystals?

crayola
06-Feb-10, 00:03
I noticed an orger's signature tonight in one of the threads I tried to draw attention to last week. It was about crystal healing. Here is one person's take on it.....

The Healing Power of Crystals
By Dr. Olga Rodriguez Rasmussen, D. Min.

Introduction and Overview
Crystals, gems and stones, have a long documented history of use in healing work in practically every culture and religious tradition since the dawn of time. In our contemporary era, crystals are regularly employed because of their inherent ability to deeply enhance the table work experience for both the practitioner and client. For those wishing to deepen their knowledge and understanding of the properties, characteristics, functions, and application of crystals, there are thankfully, many wonderful books that are readily available and which explain the many kinds of crystals one can obtain for use. Jonathan Goldman, a noted Sound Healer, nevertheless acknowledges the importance of crystals in his book, Shifting Frequencies, documenting the use of crystals in healing work throughout various historical periods:
Quartz crystals are considered sacred powerful tools in many different traditions and have been recognized as such for a very long time. They have been utilized for their extraordinary abilities by magicians, shamans, and lightworkers since recorded history and before as tools for healing higher consciousness and frequency-shifting. Quartz crystals have been found as artifacts among the most ancient of archaeological digs, and their use in Atlantis has been described by many writers.

Quartz crystals have many amazing qualities—perhaps most extraordinary is their ability to transduce energy. Quartz crystals can take one form of energy and cause it to change form, moving up the energy spiral. Sound, for example, can become electricity… (96-97).

As Goldman asserts, crystals are powerful, transformational tools, capable of even turning sound into light. While we may consider crystals to be both inert and lifeless, the reality is they constitute and comprise the very essence of our physical and even energetic composition. Our bodies, like crystals, are composed of silicone and water, and that is why we can so intensely feel the vibration of a crystal bowl resonating within us. If we believe that crystals are as much a part of the web of connection as we are, then we can readily recognize that crystals have the ability to act as intermediaries, enabling us to communicate and connect with higher levels of consciousness and existence. Crystals have unique paths—and it is believed by energy workers and healers that they too, have their own karmic lessons to fulfill and experience, not unlike humans. If one truly espouses the belief that everything in the Universe is interconnected, then one must recognize that crystals are really just another manifestation or reflection of who we are.The Healing Power of Crystals (http://www.healingcrystals.com/articles/Healing_Power_of_Crystals.html)

Do believe that crystals have healing power?

DeHaviLand
06-Feb-10, 00:14
I believe that this bottle of wine I'm drinking has healing powers. So, I'm going to open another bottle, and in the morning, I'll feel great. Or maybe not :confused

golach
06-Feb-10, 00:37
I have heard that Crystal Meths work wonders for the musicians on this web site, ..........but that may be just a rumour

crayola
06-Feb-10, 00:42
I've just noticed this bit....

Our bodies, like crystals, are composed of silicone and water
Love her or loathe her, you just can't get away from Jordan and her assets. :lol:

Boozeburglar
06-Feb-10, 02:29
I have heard that Crystal Meths work wonders for the musicians on this web site, ..........but that may be just a rumour

What is this latest crap?

Where do you get the idea anyone on this site is using this?

laguna2
06-Feb-10, 08:49
What is this latest crap?

Where do you get the idea anyone on this site is using this?

Possibly by reading some of the stuff people post!!!! :lol::roll:[lol]

northener
06-Feb-10, 09:38
I disagree with the negativity of the previous posters.

Crystals have been used time and time again in the healing process. They make handy suppositries and can be traded for paracetamol and other useful medical products.

New Age trendy cobblers.

ShelleyCowie
06-Feb-10, 10:24
Sadly i dont believe they work. Its something my granny has tried several times to help her, done absolutely nothing. She has tried every medical and spiritual way of getting better and nothing works.

I would like to believe people think they help though. :confused If that makes sense?

northener
06-Feb-10, 11:00
Sadly i dont believe they work. Its something my granny has tried several times to help her, done absolutely nothing. She has tried every medical and spiritual way of getting better and nothing works.

I would like to believe people think they help though. :confused If that makes sense?

If some one 'believes' in a certain ceremony/ritual/whatever, then it may help them mentally cope with their situation.
I believe that a lot of alternative therapies may have some merit, such as say, acupuncture or sweat lodges - but the notion that vaious types of semi-precious stones somehow have 'powers' is nothing more than New Age baloney thought up by charlatan practitioners with an eye for a gullible market.

crayola
06-Feb-10, 13:43
Crystals have been used time and time again in the healing process. They make handy suppositries
I hope you check your crystals don't have any sharp edges before supposing them in your base chakra. :eek:

domino
06-Feb-10, 15:18
I too believe in fairies

northener
06-Feb-10, 15:24
I hope you check your crystals don't have any sharp edges before supposing them in your base chakra. :eek:

Amethyst and quartz naturally formed crystals are usually a no-no. Tumbled stones are sooo easy though.:Razz:eek:

dafi
06-Feb-10, 17:30
And its something to out side of the curling season!!

lister
06-Feb-10, 19:15
So does alcohol in the wrong unhinged minds of the older generation.
You need to realise you're rumormongering is detrimental to musicians in this county.
What a sad unfounded post on a topic you clearly have not a clue about.
Not funny in the slightest and not within this threads bounderies.
Trouble making at the extreme from a sad poster indeed.

lister
06-Feb-10, 19:17
I disagree with the negativity of the previous posters.

Crystals have been used time and time again in the healing process. They make handy suppositries and can be traded for paracetamol and other useful medical products.

New Age trendy cobblers.
Agreed wholeheartedly.

american gal
06-Feb-10, 21:17
i dont know, i would like to think that they have healing powers but i just dont think so.

sam09
11-Feb-10, 20:07
disolved in e bath water and lay back and relax......wonderful

Boozeburglar
11-Feb-10, 21:36
I believe in the healing powers of Crayola.

bekisman
11-Feb-10, 21:50
Here's others take on it:

For centuries, crystals and other gems have been desired for their alleged magical healing and mystical paranormal powers. This belief continues today among occultists and New Age healers, even though it is based on nothing more than testimonials the placebo effect, selective thinking, wishful thinking, the Forer effect, sympathetic magic and communal reinforcement.
There is no scientific evidence that crystals are conduits of magical energies useful for healing and protection, or for telling the future.

http://www.skepdic.com/crystals.html

crayola
13-Feb-10, 01:23
That reads like an essay written by a child. :lol:

Boozeburglar
13-Feb-10, 02:46
There is no scientific evidence for magical energies useful for healing and protection, or for telling the future.

See what I have done there Bekisman?

bekisman
13-Feb-10, 08:14
That reads like an essay written by a child. :lol:

It's for children

crayola
13-Feb-10, 15:45
There is no scientific evidence for magical energies useful for healing and protection, or for telling the future.

See what I have done there Bekisman?

Interesting observation. I missed that.

robglysen
14-Feb-10, 11:35
I cant say the use of crystals has produced any notable results for me, but I think there must be more to this world than what we can see and hear and touch.

crayola
14-Feb-10, 14:46
Crystals must have healing powers we don't understand. It says so all over the internet. :lol:

northener
14-Feb-10, 14:52
I have a magic turnip.

northener
14-Feb-10, 15:00
I find it odd that many of those who subscribe to the notion of 'healing powers' in rocks or wombat droppings scoff at those of the established Christian religion who believe that, say, touching an icon of Mary the Virgin will help them, or that water blessed by the Pope has 'magical' properties.

Never been able to get my head around that.

My own opinion is all we are doing is turning our back upon 'establishment' religion and creating our own new beliefs. The magic is still there, the iconography is still there and the need for ritual is almost always there.

Same stuff, different hat.

I would never dismiss anything totally out of hand, but it does strike me that much of this healing power in crystals comes from a cartel of lapidary salesmen....;)

crayola
14-Feb-10, 15:17
My own opinion is all we are doing is turning our back upon 'establishment' religion and creating our own new beliefs. The magic is still there, the iconography is still there and the need for ritual is almost always there.I think that's right to some extent but I also think people like crystals because they are real. You can hold them in your hand and see them and feel them and carry them around with you and they look pretty. You can imagine they contain special powers which come out and heal you. The Christian God on the other hand is more abstract and people view Her ;) as being out of this world or living in another dimension. It's hard enough to understand how or where She exists never mind that she has secret powers that created the universe or is interested in us. I suppose that's why I like Paganism, but Pagans are also heretic and my Pagan friends are anarchic and a wee bit crazy too. :)

I would never dismiss anything totally out of hand, but it does strike me that much of this healing power in crystals comes from a cartel of lapidary salesmen....Aye, it's a conspiracy. Let's start a pressure group to prevent cruelty to lapidaries. The poor wee things can't defend themselves. [disgust]

Whitewater
14-Feb-10, 15:42
I voted "don't Know", I'm pretty open minded, I have no reason either to believe or disbelieve. Got to keep my options open. I have a friend who carries one with him all the time, and he swears by them.

Stig
14-Feb-10, 21:59
I noticed an orger's signature tonight in one of the threads I tried to draw attention to last week. It was about crystal healing. Here is one person's take on it.....

The Healing Power of Crystals (http://www.healingcrystals.com/articles/Healing_Power_of_Crystals.html)

What a heap of stones[lol][lol]

northener
15-Feb-10, 00:42
I think that's right to some extent but I also think people like crystals because they are real. You can hold them in your hand and see them and feel them and carry them around with you and they look pretty. You can imagine they contain special powers which come out and heal you.

I'll agree with you there, C. I was (and still am) fascinated by semi-precious stones. When I was about 11 years old me and my mate were making up jewllery using tumbled tigers eye and amethysts (and quartz, jade, etc...), with findings sourced from a local lapidary dealer and flogging our jewllery around the local shops.
I could spend ages as a kid looking into the depths of a tigers eye stone or a simple rose quartz...fascinating depths. The ultimate for me was holding some fantastic examples of Fire Opal - courtesy of a local collector...that's what i'd still love to collect. They look like a world within a world to me.

Beautuiful stones.

Won't cure piles, though.

onecalledk
15-Feb-10, 01:02
hi there

as someone who is training to be a crystal therapist and is soon to qualify then the answer is yes!!! crystals have a lot of healing powers and quantum physics gives evidence to support this. You all already use crystals in every day objects without giving a second thought to it. All of you who wear watches are wearing crystals, there are crystals in lots of everyday objects. Quartz is used in watches due to its 1:1 crystal formation and its ability to conduct.

We are all made up of energy and crystals vibrate at various energy levels. You dont need to believe in crystals for them to work.

The world of crystals is fascinating. Crystals are treasures from the earth. They have been about for thousands and thousands of years and various cultures have harnessed the power of crystals.

Can I ask why the poll on believing crystals work was started ?

K

northener
15-Feb-10, 01:16
Not trying to pull you down, K - but you've made a very definite link between quantum physics and evidence supporting healing.

Could you please elaborate? I'm genuinely interested and haven't seen anything to change my mind yet regarding my non-belief.

onecalledk
15-Feb-10, 14:27
hi there

crystals have been shown to vibrate at different frequencies in tests carried out in laboratories. The human energy field also vibrates at a frequency. The crystals can affect the way the human energy field vibrates and it is this change in vibration that allows healing to occur.

Our bodies are made up of mostly water and it is possible to change the molecules in water by exposing water to different sounds, colours etc. The work of Dr Emoto carried out experiments where he photographed water molecules after they were exposed to various things .....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkbpXRSIUnE

Quartz is used in a lot of electronic devices due to its internal structure. In healing quartz is seen as a "master" crystal due to the way it can conduct.

Another example of how vibration is used in medicine is Ultrasound. Ultrasound is used in a variety of ways, I had Ultrasound on my knee years ago when i had various bits of cartlidge that needed to be zapped.

If you were to take a crystal and place it in a lab and apply pressure to the crystal it would emit light, that is the energy contained within the crystal. It is this energy that a crystal therapist taps into to aid healing in the patient.

Science is now moving towards accepting what healers have known for centuries that our emotions and our bodies are intertwinned and that the brain and our thoughts affect our bodies directly. All disease that occurs in the physical body started in the emotional body first. If we created the disease due to our thought processes than we can alter this again with our thought processes.

We live in a world which is very polluted and this has a negative affect on our bodies. Studies have shown that people for example who live near electricity pylons have sleep disturbances, headaches etc. The electricity pylons are emitting energy patterns that are affecting the human energy fields of those living near them.

Humans have an energy field as do plants and animals. They are directly affected by everything around them. Man has used crystals for thousands and thousands of years to help realign the human energy field.

There are various sources of information about the human energy field and vibrational medicine :

http://www.luminanti.com/vibration.html

gives a few. Dr Richard Gerber is an excellent read on this subject.

We can SEE the energy from crystals under laboratory conditions. We can photograph the human energy system using Kerlian photography

http://www.kirlian.org/kirlian.htm

We live in a world where we are very much detatched from ourselves. Our bodies are miracles, science is only now catching up with how our brains and our THINKING affects our bodies. We are bombarded in the 21st century with information, poor nutrition - we are able to produce more food that ever before but it is NOT nutrient rich, it is empty food. We now live in houses that for example have Wireless internet connections. That puts an electronic field around our homes that affect us CONSTANTLY. Our bodies react to this energy negatively. Light bulbs are now low energy but they are WORSE for us than the older style light bulbs because of the way they work. People who are sensitive to the way that low energy bulbs work ( a bit like fluorescent tubes) will experience an increase in headaches for example. Our environment is working against us in ways we dont even think about.

There are those who refuse to believe in crystal healing and that is fine, I am not out to convert anyone. But remember centuries ago when the earth was believed to be flat. Just because you cannot see something with your naked eye does not mean it is not there in front of you. We as humans are restricted by our physical make up, the colours we see are restricted by how our eyes are formed. Those who are colour blind are a perfect example of this. Dogs hear sounds that are inaudible to the human ear. That doesnt make that sound any less real...........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGFbqmUqP0E&feature=PlayList&p=BCE750C552C8365E&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=22

the quantum physics explaination of "consciousness" does play with your brain but it explains how the world works. We create our OWN reality, we do it all the time. There is no reality for humans other than the one they create for themselves. From this standpoint we can create whatever we want but we are at the mercy of how we THINK.

K

northener
15-Feb-10, 15:28
K, many thanks for that response, I wouldn't say I'm convinced and I certainly haven't had time to look at your links.

But it's interesting stuff.

How does this course work that you are on? Distance learning or is there some attendance, or is it even full-time? Again, not trying to lure you in to an argument - I'm genuinely curious.

Stavro
15-Feb-10, 16:32
An extremely illuminating post, K. I will check out the links when I have the time. :)

onecalledk
15-Feb-10, 18:05
hi

the course I am doing is part-time and is hands on , that is I travel to the school of crystal healing and we practice what we learn. I dont believe it is possible to become a qualified crystal healer by distance learning, there HAS to be the practical element to it. Only by observing, feeling and experiencing the power of crystals can we learn about them.

The course covers more than just laying on of crystals. We learn about geology, the life cycle of rocks and minerals, how a crystal is formed in the earth for example is important when using that crystal family in healing. The crystal structure is also important, crystals belong to different families in the geology field for example.

There is a lot of information out there just now as the world wakes up to "new age" subjects and a lot of is not correct, hence the importance of doing a recognised, certified course. Not everything printed in the books on crystals is correct. But that follows for just about every subject under the sun probably.

Anatomy and physiology is also studied, how the body works is vital knowledge, we also study chinese medicine, obviously not in depth but it is very interesting to know for example how accupuncture works. The chinese dont use chakras, they work with meridians which are energy lines that run throughout the human body. It is tapping into these energy lines that is the basis of accupuncture. We alsohave a look at chinese medicine with regard to foods and how they affect the human body and how they affect the flow of energy or chi through the body.......

K

crayola
21-Feb-10, 15:11
I'll agree with you there, C. I was (and still am) fascinated by semi-precious stones. When I was about 11 years old me and my mate were making up jewllery using tumbled tigers eye and amethysts (and quartz, jade, etc...), with findings sourced from a local lapidary dealer and flogging our jewllery around the local shops.
I could spend ages as a kid looking into the depths of a tigers eye stone or a simple rose quartz...fascinating depths. The ultimate for me was holding some fantastic examples of Fire Opal - courtesy of a local collector...that's what i'd still love to collect. They look like a world within a world to me.

Beautuiful stones.

Won't cure piles, though.
Yes crystals are pretty special visually and that's why people like them. The belief in them having healing powers is I suppose a religion as much as belief in Jesus having healing powers is a religion. I'd go for crystals before Jesus as something to carry around with me every day but Jesus before crystals as a possible healer.

trix
27-Feb-10, 03:36
i totally believe in 'e powers o' crystals.

if ye rub yer hands tilgither really fast then take some clear quartz an hold it an inch awie from 'e front o' yer palm an move it clockwise roond an roond, ye can actually see energy pourin oot, in 'e from o' light. it kinda follows 'e crystal aroond as it moves.

also if ye get a pal til rub his hands tilgither really fast an ask him til had oot his hands an close his eyes, due til a strange sensation he'l be able til know what hand ye wis had'in 'e crystal over.

ducati
27-Feb-10, 11:46
i totally believe in 'e powers o' crystals.

if ye rub yer hands tilgither really fast then take some clear quartz an hold it an inch awie from 'e front o' yer palm an move it clockwise roond an roond, ye can actually see energy pourin oot, in 'e from o' light. it kinda follows 'e crystal aroond as it moves.

also if ye get a pal til rub his hands tilgither really fast an ask him til had oot his hands an close his eyes, due til a strange sensation he'l be able til know what hand ye wis had'in 'e crystal over.

Trix, I have the greatest respect for your posts. Is there a crystal that will help me understand a word that you say :eek:

crayola
18-May-10, 23:45
Since crystals are being discussed elsewhere I thought I'd bring back this poll.

The more I read about crystal therapy the more I see its parallels with a primitive religion based on shiny stones. The irony is that some of its detractors dismiss it as witchcraft whereas real witchcraft is based on real living things and the real earth as opposed to meta-concepts like human energy fields and auras. Many low-coven witches believe in auras and energy fields but the emerging high-covens like mine use only properly established ideas.

ducati
18-May-10, 23:54
Do high coven witches look down their (hooked, warty) noses at low coven witches? Is it a rank thing or different beliefs? :confused

crayola
19-May-10, 00:51
Do high coven witches look down their (hooked, warty) noses at low coven witches? Is it a rank thing or different beliefs? :confusedThat's a good question. The high versus low coven nomenclature stems from the Church of England and in my experience the highs look down on the lows in the CofE. High coven is a relatively new concept in the Pagan world, it's much more fact-driven than low coven but we do try to merge modern knowledge with tradition. In practice, the difference is based on class more than I would wish but why would anyone with an education want to believe in the rubbish that comes from Gaian fundamentalism?

ducati
19-May-10, 07:27
but why would anyone with an education want to believe in the rubbish that comes from Gaian fundamentalism?

Ah..... why indead? :confused

crayola
20-May-10, 00:24
Ah..... why indead? :confusedTo answer my own question, I think Gaian fundamentalism is just blind religious belief based on little understanding of a complicated issue. Gaians would have been Marxists in the middle of the last century. Belief that crystals have healing power is similar but much less sophisticated and is therefore not common amongst the chattering classes.

northener
20-May-10, 00:30
Errrr, are we referring to Mr Lovelocks' Gaia here?

crayola
20-May-10, 00:33
Errrr, are we referring to Mr Lovelocks' Gaia here?Yes. And also to the extremist cults that have grown up around the cult figure himself. Some of them wouldn't be out of place in Pol Pot's cabinet.

northener
20-May-10, 00:39
Yes. And also to the extremist cults that have grown up around the cult figure himself. Some of them wouldn't be out of place in Pol Pot's cabinet.

This is what I don't understand.

James Lovelock presented his Gaia work as an interpretation of how the planet works as a self-regulating organism. He bestowed no spiritual or omnipotent status upon it whatsoever.
It has, as far as I can ascertain, as much spiritual being as a haddock.

Anyway, the Old Pulteneys' kicking in, so I'm off to bed. Hope to follow this tomorra...could be interesting.:Razz

crayola
20-May-10, 00:51
This is what I don't understand.

James Lovelock presented his Gaia work as an interpretation of how the planet works as a self-regulating organism. He bestowed no spiritual or omnipotent status upon it whatsoever.
It has, as far as I can ascertain, as much spiritual being as a haddock.Yes and no. Lovelock may not have had spiritual thoughts in his mind but his Gaia hypothesis was evidently open to unbridled spiritual interpretation by those who sought nearly omnipotent or supernatural powers for Mother Earth. Gaian fundamentalists can be real pests even in pagan societies.

crayola
29-Aug-10, 01:21
I was just looking through my old threads and I realised that in this one I hadn't described my experience at a crystal healing workshop I attended here earlier in the summer.

I was a sceptic before I attended but I came away having been educated in thoughtforms and the subtlety of the psychic energy structure by the world's only teacher of these things. I felt like I'd had a fatal overdose of botox injected into my forehead. [disgust]

sandyr1
29-Aug-10, 03:42
I was just looking through my old threads and I realised that in this one I hadn't described my experience at a crystal healing workshop I attended here earlier in the summer.

I was a sceptic before I attended but I came away having been educated in thoughtforms and the subtlety of the psychic energy structure by the world's only teacher of these things. I felt like I'd had a fatal overdose of botox injected into my forehead. [disgust]

Geezeeeee Crayola ...and it's Sat nite......

Metalattakk
29-Aug-10, 03:47
I felt like I'd had a fatal overdose of botox injected into my forehead.

Och, I'm sure the old age wrinkles aren't bad enough to require a fatal dose...

;)

crayola
29-Aug-10, 13:33
You haven't lived if you haven't had a fatal overdose of botox to shimmer and crystalise your forehead. :Razz

I also learned that the standard crystal healing theories about chakras and subtle and psychic energies are wrong. Who would have guessed that?

And did you know that crystal powers and their structures are affected by evolution of their environment? They've taken crystal botox to new levels in this town. :D

sandyr1
29-Aug-10, 14:50
I also learned that the standard crystal healing theories about chakras and subtle and psychic energies are wrong. Who would have guessed that?

And did you know that crystal powers and their structures are affected by evolution of their environment? They've taken crystal botox to new levels in this town. :D[/quote]

Crystal ????

Bazeye
29-Aug-10, 15:11
Och, I'm sure the old age wrinkles aren't bad enough to require a fatal dose...

;)

An angle grinder does the trick for me.

billmoseley
29-Aug-10, 16:42
surely if you believe something will work then that's half the battle. try anything once me

oldmarine
29-Aug-10, 23:59

The Healing Power of Crystals (http://www.healingcrystals.com/articles/Healing_Power_of_Crystals.html)

NO! Sure don't!!!

crayola
04-Sep-10, 18:06
An angle grinder does the trick for me.Angle grinders are good for getting crystal botox into your head. The crystal healers use them as a matter of course.