PDA

View Full Version : dinner ideas

mumof2
05-Feb-10, 12:37
looking for any ideas for dinners, my lot are quite fussy but we all like stews and casseroles that kind of thing. i'm sick of mince and tatties. Also OH dosen't eat pasta and isn't fond of rice. Any ideas welcome. thanx

Kathy@watten
05-Feb-10, 14:20
What abour a massive family pizza, get flour and yeast etc, make dough with kids after school then top with the contents of your fridge...yes you can have leftover type toppings! and wham in the oven. It's a winner everytime!

Mrs Bucket
05-Feb-10, 19:31
It is difficult when pasta and rice is not an option. If you dont already do so try using herbs with seasoned flour for coating stews in another option is stew in beer or red wine also try various sauces with roasts with instead of gravy. Hope this helps.

Dadie
09-Feb-10, 15:44
chicken breasts stuffed with haggis wrapped in bacon bunged in the oven for 20-30 mins is a fave with the girls (daddy likes the whiskey sauce I do with it)
Whiskey sauce fling in a glass of whiskey in the hot frying pan with some pepper and pour in double cream!

homemade chicken strip thingys
cut up chicken breast into strips and dip into flour then egg then into breadcrumbs seasoned with salt and pepper and whatever herbs/curry powder are in the cupboard cook on a tray in the oven for 10-15mins or fry in deep fat fryer for 5mins (I do this with fish too)

BBQ type chicken make a base with honey, garlic, soy sauce/balsamic vinegar, tomato puree and marinade chicken overnight in it.
Bung in oven and baste with the marinade left in the bowl ever so often when you remember.

Thumper
10-Feb-10, 13:57
Tonight I have some left over spag bol so i am going to bake some garlic bread slices,top it with the left over spag bol and the pop some cheese on the top-yummy and uses up the leftovers,nice easy finger food too for the kids x
oh sometimes I put chilli powder in it too

Dadie
10-Feb-10, 14:19
Toad in the hole?
Beef olives?
Bacon and egg pie?
Mince and bean pie?
Sausages... stewed...casseroled....or with mash and peas!