PDA

View Full Version : Good thing on bbc2 now

horseman
04-Feb-10, 21:34
Simon King -bbc2-Shetland Diaries-on now- abslutely super programe.
(if you like that sort of thing) An his 2 year old is named Savanna! love it to bits.

Ricco
04-Feb-10, 21:53
I am thoroughly enjoying it. Wonderful scenery and wildlife. Simon always does a good show.:D

Dog-eared
05-Feb-10, 00:38
I think he sounds like he's talking to children. Good filming though. :)

Boozeburglar
05-Feb-10, 01:49
What I saw before I had to go out was great, just to see my old home again.

However, I cannot understand why, if it was a lifelong wish of his to visit Zetland, he only eventually went through a BBC show. It is not exactly that far a flight from the Highlands, where he has been many times.

Still, glad he is there now and look forward to the shows.

:)

Boozeburglar
05-Feb-10, 01:55
I wish they would send Charlotte Uhlenbroek to study the inebriated Scot. She does not have to leave after a year. :)

Kenn
05-Feb-10, 02:18
Fabulous programme..can't wait to see the Gannet webcams.

Boozeburglar
05-Feb-10, 03:09
I used to go out and see the gannets diving often, it is one of the most amazing things to be around. Shetland has so much to offer, hope it helps raise the profile as a destination. :)

Aaldtimer
05-Feb-10, 04:41
Great programme, and Simon is a "natural" when it comes to commentary...jist a big bairn wi' excitement...great to see him passing it on to the wee one.
Had to record it tho', and watch after the OH had gone to bed...she has the 7-9pm slot for soaps on 42" HD plasma!
Look forward to the rest of the series!:)

Boozeburglar
05-Feb-10, 04:45
I have always found his delivery a bit like a young Dave, very respectful of the subject.

Look forward to seeing the whole shows.

;)

weeksider
05-Feb-10, 08:49
Great programme ,scenery, wildlife filming and people Brilliant
spent many holidays in shetland we ma auntie & uncle when i :) wizz young

Cattach
05-Feb-10, 09:09
Great programme, serb content and scenery. Commentary just right with the comments regarding delivery some what unfair. When talking to a n audience varying greatly in age and ability it has t be hit just right - and it is. He is also great on Autumn watch and I cant wait for Springwatch.