PDA

View Full Version : No School Transport

Venture
01-Feb-10, 08:28
Both Wick and Thurso High Schools are open to town pupils only as there is no transport.
http://www.schoolclosures.highlandschools.org.uk/

chaz
01-Feb-10, 08:43
Halkirk closed to everyone,not one of my lots school but thought id put it on,information may help some:)

ShelleyCowie
01-Feb-10, 08:52
i just wish that Pennyland would update theirs just to let parents know its open! I have been phoning since 7am. I know its not too bad here but the pavements are.

chaz
01-Feb-10, 08:59
i just wish that Pennyland would update theirs just to let parents know its open! I have been phoning since 7am. I know its not too bad here but the pavements are.
I know how you feel,waiting to see if watten closes,our road is awful , have phoned the bus to say i will take her at 9 rather than her leaving at 8.30 and waiting outside the school.

ShelleyCowie
01-Feb-10, 09:03
I know how you feel,waiting to see if watten closes,our road is awful , have phoned the bus to say i will take her at 9 rather than her leaving at 8.30 and waiting outside the school.

Its really annoying aint it! I dont want to go to the school for them to turn us back! Still trying to get an update on it, still says 11th of January :roll:

scrabster view
01-Feb-10, 09:04

If you are in doubt over safey to put your children to school, then dont put them. Its a parents decision at the end of the day if you want to put your child to school when in doubt of weather conditions.

Cattach
01-Feb-10, 09:08

Best not to put a message if planning to open. If message says open and then school has to change arrangements due to weather change or staff availability then those who heard it was open by the message might not check and find it had later closed. No message then assume open until hear otherwise and always check again as late as you are able.

Cattach
01-Feb-10, 09:09
Its really annoying aint it! I dont want to go to the school for them to turn us back! Still trying to get an update on it, still says 11th of January :roll:

The responsibilty and the choice is yours. If in doubt about weather and safety do not send children to school.

Thumper
01-Feb-10, 09:10
I think they only update it if they are closed,but I may be wrong! I just wish some of the schools would update earlier in the morning,no point getting kids up at the crack of dawn and then the school is closed,if they were updated earlier then i could leave them sleeping for a while and everyone would be happy ;) x

Venture
01-Feb-10, 09:17
I think they only update it if they are closed,but I may be wrong! I just wish some of the schools would update earlier in the morning,no point getting kids up at the crack of dawn and then the school is closed,if they were updated earlier then i could leave them sleeping for a while and everyone would be happy ;) x

I agree with you there Thumper particularly for parents with children who have to catch buses. No reason why the messages can't be posted at 7am.

ShelleyCowie
01-Feb-10, 09:21
If the schools are open then i will get my OH out of bed to take them!

I agree that the school closures should be posted earlier.

ShelleyCowie
01-Feb-10, 09:26
Pennyland line now says

"Monday the 1st of Feb we hope the school should be open today"

Venture
01-Feb-10, 09:41
Wick North and Hillhead now closed according to MFR.

balto
01-Feb-10, 09:53
have i been transportend to another place lol, dont see any reason why the school should be shut in thurso anyway.

brandy
01-Feb-10, 09:58
ceyac is closed today..

mumof2
01-Feb-10, 09:59
south school is closed

brandy
01-Feb-10, 10:01
yup not on the web site yet but kids are home.. was turned away!

KCI
01-Feb-10, 10:27
North School shut. I called the number and it said the school was open. Got Baby KCI in his snowsuit, settled in the pushchair, got down the path and was told by my neighbour that the school was shut!
Poor Baby KCI couldn't understand why it was such a short walk!