PDA

View Full Version : Murray V Federer

Boozeburglar
30-Jan-10, 20:41
I think it will be Federer, maybe giving away one set. He just has too many tools for Murray to contend with at this point. He is the ultimate competitor.

Unfortunately I think the Scot cannot overcome him on the big occasion just yet.

:)

Green_not_greed
30-Jan-10, 21:16
"Murray has proved a difficult opponent for Federer in the past and has a 6-4 head-to-head record against the Swiss. "

This is record-maker against clock maker..... My money is on Andy!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/8489107.stm

Best of luck to you!

Boozeburglar
30-Jan-10, 21:19
I hear you but this is different, it is the final of a slam..

cazmanian_minx
30-Jan-10, 21:36
My heart says Murray, my head says Federer.

That said, Murray is about the only player who can worry Federer at the moment.

Kenn
30-Jan-10, 21:40
Would like to see Murray win but with the form Federer is in at the moment he will have to play the best match of his life.

Amy-Winehouse
31-Jan-10, 01:19
Hope Murray takes him apart & tears him a new one. Mr Arrogant(well he can afford to be) had a wee dig at Scotland about our tennis champions the other day.

He said they havnt won in 150,000 years, Well today is judgement day Federer & yer man Murray is comin to get ye . Cmey Murray, malky the bampot[lol]

We live in hope

crayola
31-Jan-10, 01:55
My heart says Murray, my head says Federer.
Good grief, that's exactly what I was going to say. :eek:

Metalattakk
31-Jan-10, 02:41
Federer without a doubt.

Murray's good, but Federer has the one thing Murray doesn't have yet - the mental strength to destroy and decimate his opponent at the critical moment. That's why Federer rarely loses Grand Slam finals.

He has it, Phil 'The Power' Taylor has it, Steve Davis used to have it, as did Tiger Woods.

For once though, I wouldn't mind being proved wrong. ;)

Boozeburglar
31-Jan-10, 07:13
Same here, I really would like to see him do it.

It seems only yesterday that I was living in Denmark and the news came through to me about Dunblane.

It would be great to see him establish himself while Federer is still on top.

:)

tonkatojo
31-Jan-10, 10:04
I couldn't give a toss who wins.:lol:

starry
31-Jan-10, 10:20
I want him to win so much.

I think if gets just a wee bit luck he can do it.

Anyone else up watching ?

Ricco
31-Jan-10, 10:31
I WANT it to be Murray but watching it at the moment Federer is winning. He does have the edge ini experience and, of course, psychologically will dominate the game.

Amy-Winehouse
31-Jan-10, 12:02
I couldn't give a toss who wins.:lol:

Strange contribution Tonkatojo :confused

tonkatojo
31-Jan-10, 12:24
Strange contribution Tonkatojo :confused

Why, its my opinion/thoughts. I can't stand the game it's as bad as golf, well nearly. And its an open poll.

Green_not_greed
31-Jan-10, 13:46
Ah well......its as well I don't bet!

Kevin Milkins
31-Jan-10, 13:59
It's a shame for the plucky young Scot.;)

It has made me wonder for some time as to why so many UK sports people find it so diffucult to take there game to the highest level. I am not a tennis fan, but saw I a few bits of Andy Murray's game in the lead up to the final and he certainly looked the full artilce.:confused