PDA

View Full Version : tablet

wicker8
29-Jan-10, 10:50
hi any good recipes for home made tablet mines is either to sugary or sticks to the pan and does not set thanks

Hoida
29-Jan-10, 15:54
Melt 2ozs butter in a heavy based pot.
Add one cup of full cream milk(ie4 Ozs) Heat gently till almost boiling.
Remove from heat and add 1lb 12ozs granulated sugar return to heat and allow sugar to dissolve in milk and butter.
When dissolved add one tin full cream condensed milk and bring to boil stirring all the time(I usually keep ring on No2)When it boils boil steadily for about 20minutes stirring occasionally Test after about 15minutes to see how it is setting. Add a few drops of vanilla essence remove from heat and beat till starts to get thick I often use my electric beaters or sometimes sit my pot in sink of cold water and beat with wooden spoon.
Pour into greased tray and allow to cool slightly before marking it off and hiding it from OH. Enjoy. Can be sickening but it is lovely!!!!:lol:

wicker8
30-Jan-10, 17:15
Remove from heat and add 1lb 12ozs granulated sugar return to heat and allow sugar to dissolve in milk and butter.
When dissolved add one tin full cream condensed milk and bring to boil stirring all the time(I usually keep ring on No2)When it boils boil steadily for about 20minutes stirring occasionally Test after about 15minutes to see how it is setting. Add a few drops of vanilla essence remove from heat and beat till starts to get thick I often use my electric beaters or sometimes sit my pot in sink of cold water and beat with wooden spoon.
Pour into greased tray and allow to cool slightly before marking it off and hiding it from OH. Enjoy. Can be sickening but it is lovely!!!!:lol: hi thanks for that take care

Hoida
01-Feb-10, 11:56
Hope it is successful let me know Thanks:roll:

wicker8
01-Feb-10, 16:50
Hope it is successful let me know Thanks:roll:
hi hoida many many thanks the tablet turned out beautiful just like shop bought thanks very much i now have the recipe copied out and laminated take care thanks :Razz

wavy davy
15-Mar-10, 01:40
I'm up for making this - love tablet, but what size tin of condensed milk?

Mrs Bucket
15-Mar-10, 09:50
Hoida you are very clever absolutely perfect tablet. Thank you. or maybe not as I am on my second lot already.

wicker8
15-Mar-10, 14:28
I'm up for making this - love tablet, but what size tin of condensed milk? hi its the big tin size 397grammes it is a lovely recipe

Hoida
15-Mar-10, 14:36
Glad to hear you are all enjoying it. I don't make it ver often as it just disappears and I am the culprit!!!!:lol:

EDDIE
16-Mar-10, 08:17

You have to remember as Hoida says when your boiling it boil it at no2 on the ring not No6 like what i did and burnt it i only relised this when i read this thread

telfordstar
17-Mar-10, 11:32
I really fancy trying this recipe. Can you use an electric whisk to beat it up? or is it better by hand?

Hoida
17-Mar-10, 12:58
Hi I use an electric whisk for beating it saves energy!! I also have been known to sit pot in sink of cold water and beat with wooden spoon but whisk is fine you have 2 beaters to lick instead of one spoon. Is it any wonder I am the size I am?:lol:

telfordstar
17-Mar-10, 15:31
Hi I use an electric whisk for beating it saves energy!! I also have been known to sit pot in sink of cold water and beat with wooden spoon but whisk is fine you have 2 beaters to lick instead of one spoon. Is it any wonder I am the size I am?:lol:

Cheers Hoida. Im defo going to try this recipe the one i have was in a schools recipe book I made it once perfect and havnt been able to since. Will let you know how i get in. Thanks again.

elastic band
24-Mar-10, 11:58
Hi Hoida,

many thanks for your recipe -tried it and the tablet was perfect, first time i've made tablet where it has actually turned out.

shame i ate most of it though !

mo

wavy davy
22-Apr-10, 23:37
Tried it and it was luvverly. Thanks

wifie
23-Apr-10, 00:37
Pour into greased tray and allow to cool slightly before marking it off and hiding it from OH. :lol:

Hahaha! Very good! Gonna give it a shot - never successfully made tablet!

aburns2409
14-May-10, 21:11
Hoida - thank you - (i think) i made it and it turned out beautiful my 8 year old said it was delicious mummy.... really really nice xx

telfordstar
14-May-10, 22:34
Pour into greased tray and allow to cool slightly before marking it off and hiding it from OH. Enjoy. Can be sickening but it is lovely!!!!:lol:

Made this last night and its gorgeous even my workmates loved it will defo use this recipe again, cheers!!

patchy
23-May-10, 00:26
hi all, tried to make this but mine did not set, any tips on what i did wrong, im thinking i didint boil for long enough. i am really not the best at baking, usual story :).

thanks.

telfordstar
23-May-10, 10:23
hi all, tried to make this but mine did not set, any tips on what i did wrong, im thinking i didint boil for long enough. i am really not the best at baking, usual story :).

thanks.

Think from start to finish i was 1.5 hours it need to boil for a good while till colour is a lovley golden brown and kinda thickish.

patchy
23-May-10, 13:24
definately going to try again, thanks for the advice.

DavidM
30-May-10, 10:36
Hi Hoida I tried your recipe tablet turned out fine it was lovely thanks.:D