PDA

View Full Version : 'e Courier & 'e Groat

golach
27-Jan-10, 15:48
I have just found out that 'e Courier and 'e Groat are on line and are so up to date with local news, like finding drug rings and other up to date news.

achingale
27-Jan-10, 19:15
Aye, a good place to check out th goings on here.

trix
27-Jan-10, 19:24
no ivrything that goes in 'e local rags gets put on-line tho.....court cases i mean.

achingale
27-Jan-10, 19:26
I noticed that Trix. The stories tend to be main headline type and not nitty gritty, like the goss we really want to know ;)

trix
27-Jan-10, 19:27
I noticed that Trix. The stories tend to be main headline type and not nitty gritty, like the goss we really want to know ;)

all in guid time ;)

american gal
27-Jan-10, 19:35
My god gossip gossip gossip. People cant even wait for the paper to come out in caithness they have to brows e website foe e gossip lol Sad Lives!!!!:lol:

butchergav
27-Jan-10, 20:00
Sad indeed.

changilass
27-Jan-10, 20:10
Keep in mind that some folks dinnae live in the county anymore, so the only way they can read the local news is on line.

hunter
27-Jan-10, 20:21
Very little of the content of the newspaper is posted on-line - and it is usually hours or days behind.

Most other newspapers are changing their business model by merging the two media - the newspaper and the website - into a single platform, i.e. publishing news when they get it, not twice a week.

Every newspaper in Britain is suffering from a dramatic fall in advertising revenue.

What hasn't changed is the hypocrisy of newspapers, however.

Normally the first to condemn local authorities for not looking after the pennies, newspapers are complaining bitterly about councils moving their advertising out of local newspapers and onto the web to save money.

camor
27-Jan-10, 20:34
The web version of the Groat is quite diluted compared with the paper. I am unable to see the Courier & Groat every week so it would be nice to get all the news and articles online. I would also like to see all letters in the paper posted online. There are some letters printed that I would consider a reply too but by the time I learn about them the opportunity has passed. Also, the paper seems to publish letters from a select band of contributors and it is sometimes difficult to actually get a response published.

Mr P Cannop
27-Jan-10, 20:48
is the court cases put online too ??

Turquoise
27-Jan-10, 21:20
no ivrything that goes in 'e local rags gets put on-line tho.....court cases i mean.

Here you go kids:

http://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/locations/index.asp?crt=wck&val=rolls

bettedaviseyes
27-Jan-10, 21:21

what is it with you and court cases??? honest it boils my blood do you people have nothing better to do than see what town fool is in the paper so on so on[disgust][disgust][disgust] SMALL MINDED

trix
27-Jan-10, 21:48
ats no a website that i wid ever look at, i hev little interest in other peoples business....i hev little interest in ma own at times!!

can hardly bear til pick up 'e local rag these days. today however, i read 'e paper oot til ma auld kiddies, by request an 'ats how i ken that 'e groat online is no 'e same as what ye get printed in yer han'.

i didna ken ye got 'e groat online til golach said so...naturally i checkt it oot. wilna bother again in ma life lekly.

i do lek til check oot 'e deiths if i get a chance as i ken alot o' auld vulnerable fowk that live in 'e community an' in care homes. hate when i see a name i ken but its better knowin so i can send a silent prayer or maybe a caird...

Amy-Winehouse
27-Jan-10, 21:53
You have to buy the paper for court case results,
I occasionally buy it but only if I want to check up on advertising , WAFC or what is going at the weekend(not usually very much-Its Caithness!)

I couldnt really care less about the court pages but each to their own

trix
27-Jan-10, 22:15
what is it with you and court cases??? honest it boils my blood do you people have nothing better to do than see what town fool is in the paper so on so onSMALL MINDED

'e thing that yer no really getin aboot weik - no disrespect - is that ivrybody in weik kens one anither, ivrybody kens ivrybody thats related til ivrybody, ivryone kens someone thats bin done over by somebody.

seein a pattern here? ivrybody is interested in ivrybodys business i.e. ivrybodys courtcases because ivrybody kens ivrybody that 'e court case relates til.

whether they feel scorn, disgusted, unjustified, justified, happy, sad...pity??

i da speak for masel, i really dina care, am sure ivrybody will tell me if its anythin til do wi me or someone i ken, am related til, or bin done over by someone i ken, am related til or.......an so 'e story goes.

'e sad thing is bettedaviseyes, its no choost aboot "what toon fool is in 'e paper" its horrific crimes wur readin aboot, people are dyin...killed on 'e rod, in accidents. found lyin naked in 'e streets wi knife woonds, fightin for their lives. drugs....young bies takin overdoses, quantities o' heroin found :eek:

its chieng'd days since it wis aboot 'e village idiot :~(

sorry til put such a slant on'iss beautiful county but its happenin all over britian, weiks choost a smaller place an lek i say ivrybody kens ivrybody who kens ivrybody else.

Mr P Cannop
27-Jan-10, 22:15
i mean the court reports

butchergav
28-Jan-10, 15:50
'e thing that yer no really getin aboot weik - no disrespect - is that ivrybody in weik kens one anither, ivrybody kens ivrybody thats related til ivrybody, ivryone kens someone thats bin done over by somebody.

seein a pattern here? ivrybody is interested in ivrybodys business i.e. ivrybodys courtcases because ivrybody kens ivrybody that 'e court case relates til.

i da speak for masel, i really dina care, am sure ivrybody will tell me if its anythin til do wi me or someone i ken, am related til, or bin done over by someone i ken, am related til or.......an so 'e story goes.

'e sad thing is bettedaviseyes, its no choost aboot "what toon fool is in 'e paper" its horrific crimes wur readin aboot, people are dyin...killed on 'e rod, in accidents. found lyin naked in 'e streets wi knife woonds, fightin for their lives. drugs....young bies takin overdoses, quantities o' heroin found :eek:

sorry til put such a slant on'iss beautiful county but its happenin all over britian, weiks choost a smaller place an lek i say ivrybody kens ivrybody who kens ivrybody else.

Eh????:eek:

bingo1
28-Jan-10, 17:16

Its still about wantin till know other folks business tho lol or am i missing e point??? Dinna worry tho there is a bit o goss in us all, i read the paper when i see it i never really buy it only now and again i think wot betty d eys means is folks who scan the net for the goss and just cant wait for the wed and fri paper well its a boring life and PLAIN FLAMING NOSYNESS LOL

northener
28-Jan-10, 17:51
Why would wanting to read what's happening in court be classed as 'being nosey'?

You could say the same about any aspect of the local news circuit. Newspapers report local goings on and events because that's what local people expect from a local paper (I'm going all Royston Vasey now:roll:).

BTW, why read the court names list in the first place, we've all a good idea what names will be appearing on a regular basis.......;):Razz

macbreeza
28-Jan-10, 19:55
I am not ashamed to say I read the court cases, letters and everything else in the Groat! When I lived away from Wick for 5 years I got the papers sent to me every week so I knew what was going on locally.

Granted some of the court cases are trivial but all the same I have the right to know if I have a criminal or voilent person living next door to me.

I want to know who has done what and who has been in court because its better to know sooner rather than later. Would I want a housebreaker living downstairs from me and not know?? of course i wouldnt! And i know that it wouldn't make much difference about the criminal's location but i would definately put an extra lock on my door and have someone keep a closer eye on the place if i was away.

Do i want to know if someone has embezzled money from a comittee i donated to? Damn right i do, i want to know what they had to say for themselves and what the outcome was. There is one case in particular i cant wait to hear about and hope justice will be done.

People should be named and shamed for doing wrong.

Blarney
29-Jan-10, 00:06
I am not ashamed to say I read the court cases, letters and everything else in the Groat! When I lived away from Wick for 5 years I got the papers sent to me every week so I knew what was going on locally.

Granted some of the court cases are trivial but all the same I have the right to know if I have a criminal or voilent person living next door to me.

I want to know who has done what and who has been in court because its better to know sooner rather than later. Would I want a housebreaker living downstairs from me and not know?? of course i wouldnt! And i know that it wouldn't make much difference about the criminal's location but i would definately put an extra lock on my door and have someone keep a closer eye on the place if i was away.

Do i want to know if someone has embezzled money from a comittee i donated to? Damn right i do, i want to know what they had to say for themselves and what the outcome was. There is one case in particular i cant wait to hear about and hope justice will be done.

People should be named and shamed for doing wrong.
You're right on all counts macbreeza and that is why I buy the local paper too. I feel a sense of community and belonging (just like on the org!) when I read the local news and the hatches, matches and dispatches. It promotes discussion (some might say gossip) at work and if you don't know a lot of the folk involved it's guaranteed that someone will put you in the picture. That's one of the joys of living in a relatively small community like Caithness and we should revel in it rather than knock it.:)

ducati
29-Jan-10, 00:11
Why would wanting to read what's happening in court be classed as 'being nosey'?

You could say the same about any aspect of the local news circuit. Newspapers report local goings on and events because that's what local people expect from a local paper (I'm going all Royston Vasey now:roll:).

BTW, why read the court names list in the first place, we've all a good idea what names will be appearing on a regular basis.......;):Razz

Obvious...the usual suspects

crayola
29-Jan-10, 23:23
Sad indeed.
How deliciously ironic is this post?

What is it about hypocritical butchers and the Org? :lol:

Can I give you a big wet sloppy one gav? Mwwwwwaaaaaaaa