PDA

View Full Version : Help...Thurso Railway Station

Shabbychic
27-Jan-10, 14:07
Can someone advise me please. Hubby must travel to Glasgow tomorrow, and the train leaves from Thurso about 8.40am. It appears there is nobody there to sell tickets till 9.50am, so how can he get a ticket? :confused

We have always used buses up till now, so please excuse my ignorance.:)

Cattach
27-Jan-10, 14:09
Can someone advise me please. Hubby must travel to Glasgow tomorrow, and the train leaves from Thurso about 8.40am. It appears there is nobody there to sell tickets till 9.50am, so how can he get a ticket? :confused

Pay on the train.

mil1
27-Jan-10, 14:09
he can buy a ticket on the train.

Shabbychic
27-Jan-10, 14:16
That's great. Thanks.

One more wee query...he was hoping to use the over 55 club ticket where it costs £15 return anywhere in Scotland. Can you purchase that on the train? If so, what do they accept as proof of age? :D

slinky
27-Jan-10, 14:20
That's great. Thanks.

One more wee query...he was hoping to use the over 55 club ticket where it costs £15 return anywhere in Scotland. Can you purchase that on the train? If so, what do they accept as proof of age? :D
why dont u fone railway station and ask be easier

rs 2k
27-Jan-10, 14:23

HI

You would be better going to ticket office today and buying the ticket for tomorrow :D

BINBOB
27-Jan-10, 14:26
HI

You would be better going to ticket office today and buying the ticket for tomorrow :D

Very clever/sensible reply!!!!;)

Shabbychic
27-Jan-10, 14:32
Thanks for that. Problem is, I can't get into Thurso today and can't find a telephone number for Thurso station. Will try calling Scotrail's general number. :)

Problem sorted. He can buy that ticket on the train as well. Thanks folks.