PDA

View Full Version : info on ear piercings

over-the-ord
26-Jan-10, 20:34
hi
looking for info, is there someone that dose ear piercings in thurso preferable? would go to wick, the person that does in the jewellers in thurso is not going to be there for a while, my daughter cant wait that long :roll:

thanks in advance

Kathy@watten
26-Jan-10, 20:35
Hiya, Katrina Sutherland at occumster, the country spa does ear piercing....would be good with your girlies!

Bazeye
26-Jan-10, 23:09
Do it yourself with a safety pin. I did mine myself, 8 times in the 70s. Punks eh.....

Serenity
26-Jan-10, 23:15
The Beauty Box at least used to and so did some hairdressers. Is it just the lobes? If it is not then I would advise to go to Inverness and get it done somewhere that uses proper needles and not guns but if it is just the lobes then try these places.

Phill
26-Jan-10, 23:52
Do it yourself with a safety pin. I did mine myself, 8 times in the 70s. Punks eh.....

I seem to remember my brother doing similar with a darning needle and a cork, he screwed it up somehow and ended up screaming like a gurl with blood everywhere.

Oh how I laughed.

Turquoise
27-Jan-10, 00:00
I seem to remember my brother doing similar with a darning needle and a cork, he screwed it up somehow and ended up screaming like a gurl with blood everywhere.

Oh how I laughed.

Yeah, I remember trying to repierce my ear with a pin and it swelled up like a lemon :eek:

Every time I used Surgical Spirit, my ears would go all infected and the last time I used just salt water, after having them redone at Hobgoblin. They've been perfect ever since!

Boozeburglar
27-Jan-10, 00:02
I did one myself, no big deal.

I also take all my dental work with no injections.

When you know the pain is only short lived it is tolerable.

:)

ducati
27-Jan-10, 00:06
Never saw the point

Turquoise
27-Jan-10, 00:14
Never saw the point

Yeah, don't do that or it'll never pierce the skin [lol]

over-the-ord
27-Jan-10, 00:22
i am certanly not going to stick any pins in to my 11yr olds ears, myself, she had them done before but closed up.

Fran
27-Jan-10, 02:05
The hairdresser in Breadalbane does ear piercing.

dietcokegirl
27-Jan-10, 13:05
Think Essence Spa in thurso does ear piercing..Good luck!

Bazeye
27-Jan-10, 13:17
Now getting a nipple pierced does hurt. :eek:

mama2
27-Jan-10, 20:27
Natalie in Essence Spa does ear piercing. x

ShelleyCowie
27-Jan-10, 20:52

I wouldnt like to know how painful that is! My sister got it done years ago. I only ever got my tongue, bellybutton, nose and ears pierced. The worst pain ever was getting my ears done! :eek:

joxville
27-Jan-10, 21:08

Tsk, that's nothing.:roll: I've carried out a hip swap and performed open-heart surgery on myself, both done during a tea-break. I then went on to swim the English Channel and was home in time for afternoon tea. :)

Blarney
27-Jan-10, 21:47
Tsk, that's nothing.:roll: I've carried out a hip swap and performed open-heart surgery on myself, both done during a tea-break. I then went on to swim the English Channel and was home in time for afternoon tea. :)
Psshaw! There's you trying to make out that you're some kind of hero when I know for sure that you were wearing armbands.

joxville
27-Jan-10, 21:50
Psshaw! There's you trying to make out that you're some kind of hero when I know for sure that you were wearing armbands.

They looked like armbands, they were actually 10 kilo weights in each, I'm also in training to climb Lochnagar. :)

Blarney
27-Jan-10, 22:31
They looked like armbands, they were actually 10 kilo weights in each, I'm also in training to climb Lochnagar. :)
Wow! Well I'm dead impressed by that and thinking about it now that all makes perfect sense.....if it had been inflatable armbands they would have surely burst with all your body piercings;)

ducati
27-Jan-10, 22:36

Sawed my own leg off in Burma-nothing wrong with it you understand, just wanted to set an example for the chaps.

Phill
27-Jan-10, 22:36

My eyes water just thinking about Prince Albert.

Phill
27-Jan-10, 22:37

Aye, try tellin' the youth of today that, they won't believe you!!

joxville
28-Jan-10, 03:52
Sawed my own leg off in Burma-nothing wrong with it you understand, just wanted to set an example for the chaps.

Childs play. I cut off both legs and both arms and swapped them round, also have an eye on the back of my head and my mouth is where my erse was. [lol]

PS I won't tell you what is one foot long. ;)

ducati
28-Jan-10, 09:42
Childs play. I cut off both legs and both arms and swapped them round, also have an eye on the back of my head and my mouth is where my erse was. [lol]

PS I won't tell you what is one foot long. ;)

Your foot?

thebigman
28-Jan-10, 17:08
These are the only legal ie licenced ear piercers in the County -

Health & Beauty, 1 Sir John's Square Thurso
Katrina Sutherland Occumster, Lybster.
George McBeath Ltd, 6 Traill Street, Thurso
Karen Miller, Mobile Service

alanabain
29-Jan-10, 21:01
I wouldnt like to know how painful that is! My sister got it done years ago. I only ever got my tongue, bellybutton, nose and ears pierced. The worst pain ever was getting my ears done! :eek:

Thanks loop.... now everyone is gonna ask me about my nips :confused

Bazeye
30-Jan-10, 11:31
Thanks loop.... now everyone is gonna ask me about my nips :confused

Any pics? :D

ShelleyCowie
30-Jan-10, 11:44
Any pics? :D

:eek: Oi! thats my sister!! :cool:

Bazeye
30-Jan-10, 11:56
:eek: Oi! thats my sister!! :cool:

I meant a close up, no face, so nobody would recognise her. Or your sis could just put some black tape across her eyes. :lol: