PDA

View Full Version : Ideas please

changilass
25-Jan-10, 22:40
OK so just to say
Please DO NOT discuss the incident reported in the Record.

Any one got any ideas of where we go from here?

We need to generate public support.

Public protest?
Petition?
Taking kids out of school?

Anyone with any ideas please feel free to contact me

Katy
25-Jan-10, 22:47
Sent you a PM but i'd go for removing my child from school, protest and petition!! Do the whole lot!

Kxx

Phill
25-Jan-10, 23:01
I would be interested in some facts about this, in all seriousness.
I don't particularly take what I read in the papers, or any media, as anything other than rumour, spin, hearsay and BS unless I can see some actual facts.

As for whipping up a public frenzy, well that's easy enough done. But if it's kneejerk, based on chinese rumours and handed over to rent a mob then it's not worth a damn and will only backfire in the long run.

What I'm reading in the paper does not add up, there is something (a lot) missing from this story.

I'd appreciate a PM with a little more fact and a lot less spin than the record, if anyone would oblige.

A lot of cool thinking is needed for this kind of thing, based on fact, not what the scutter press want to peddle.

tootler
25-Jan-10, 23:17
I do know that if I was the chair of the Parent Council at the school in question, I'd rather have parents coming directly to me to discuss what needs to be done rather than planning their protests on the org. That's what your Parent Council should be for... :roll:

Good luck.

roadbowler
25-Jan-10, 23:18
phil, quite frankly, it matters little that the daily record may even be exaggerating the ordeal. The school admit highland education authority are investigating. Something obviously went off and that alone is enough to remove my child from school til i got some damn answers to my questions at the very least!

golach
25-Jan-10, 23:32
Vote out the Parent council!!!!!!!!!!!

unicorn
25-Jan-10, 23:39
I would be careful exactly what you do in respect of all the school children, things in childrens minds can get blown out of all context and I am sure this is being discussed in many local households at the moment, not saying it shouldn't be but make sure you explain within the childs understanding without demonising actual school as these children have a long time within the education system ahead of them and many could find it all very confusing and scary.
I find the situation absolutely horrific and can understand how all you parents feel out there, How about a silent protest, the only problem I see with a protest though is how it may affect the children if near the school at playtime etc.
I would most certainly be bombarding the education authorities with letters emails etc and also the care commission and let your feelings be known on the whole outrageous issue.

american gal
25-Jan-10, 23:43
After reading this story i am disgusted in what went on. I hope that whoever took part in this get the sack at once!!! I have ONE word to describe this. ABUSE.[evil]

Moira
25-Jan-10, 23:46
I wouldn 't give the Record a second glance let alone read it. I'm guessing there is a point to this thread and maybe a link?