PDA

View Full Version : Rock and chips

Munro
24-Jan-10, 23:50
What did we all think of the spin off, I thought it was very good, good
acting by Nick Lyndhurst and Kellie Bright especially.
Great music as well.

Mik.M.
24-Jan-10, 23:57
Brilliant,well written,well acted,no one trying to do impressions of the charactors we already know. Was listening to John Sullivan on the radio on Weds evening who said he had to make sure he got it right otherwise people would pick up on any mistakes.

Blarney
25-Jan-10, 00:12
Really enjoyed it and concur with all that has been said here but my only slight disappointment is Del Boy. I'm not sure if it's miscasting or if I just haven't 'got him' yet but I wasn't entirely convinced that we were watching Del Boy in his youth. Perhaps he will grow on me!

sweetpea
25-Jan-10, 01:32
I liked the old music and props! It was funny that Rodney's dad was played by himself:lol:

Aaldtimer
25-Jan-10, 04:07
Really enjoyed it and concur with all that has been said here but my only slight disappointment is Del Boy. I'm not sure if it's miscasting or if I just haven't 'got him' yet but I wasn't entirely convinced that we were watching Del Boy in his youth. Perhaps he will grow on me!

Perhaps not Blarney, as I think this was purely a "one off".:confused

Didn't quite gel with me either.:(

retrodj
25-Jan-10, 11:02
Being a fan of Only Fools and Horses I was intrigued to find out what this would be like.
It's certainly not meant to be as funny as Only fools but none the less i found it compelling to watch and there were some comical moments mixed in with the dark which gave it a good balance.

It was good to see what it was like for Del Boy and the rest growing up.
Great Acting by the whole cast, and I certainly feel that there is more mileage in this other than just a one off special.

Munro
25-Jan-10, 12:12
I agree about there being potential for a series and on a preview I saw
it is classed as a pilot show.
Nick Lyndhurst lives locally to us and played with our kids when they were
just preteenagers,he walks around the village with a baseball cap pulled
right down trying to hide his ID.

Nacho
25-Jan-10, 14:05
Nick Lyndhurst lives locally to us and played with our kids when they were
just preteenagers,he walks around the village with a baseball cap pulled
right down trying to hide his ID.

Biggest name drop so far this year :lol:

Munro
25-Jan-10, 14:56
Excellent and well presented post Nacho, how about contributing something to the topic.
Been a member of the Org for about 3 years and have just been reminded I havnt posted in a while, now I remember why.

horseman
25-Jan-10, 14:59
Biggest name drop so far this year :lol:

Aye but it should be allowed.
An I thought the show was very good,I had reckoned from the advance pub.that it was more liable to be 'a load of old welly'sorry scorry;) but in fact the thing worked well, an scripting rodney to play his dad was a lovely move.
Hope it is a pilot plot an some more to come.

Nacho
25-Jan-10, 15:34
Excellent and well presented post Nacho, how about contributing something to the topic.
Been a member of the Org for about 3 years and have just been reminded I havnt posted in a while, now I remember why.

yeah, sorry it's just that your name drop made me laugh.

i thought the programme was really good, great acting all round and well written.

say hi to Nick from me next time you see him ;)