PDA

View Full Version : and its goodnight from me

DeHaviLand
22-Jan-10, 22:06
No, its not the usual "I'm leaving, please persuade me to stay" thread.

After close on 7 years delivering to the good people of Caithness, (and some of the bad ones too) my employers, in their infinite wisdom (which they keep well hidden) have decided that Caithness no longer requires a professional delivery service, and have sub-contracted out the work to a more inferior company.

The upshot of this is that as from next Friday, I will no longer be employed in the Wick area. In fact, I may no longer be employed, but thats an ongoing fight.

To say I'm gutted would be an understatement as I have thoroughly enjoyed my time in Caithness, and made many good friends there. It has been a great experience, and one which has left me with many stories to tell, not all of them good, but mostly so. I may even relate one or two of them on here.

I will miss Wick and its terrific people, but all good things must come to an end. I will get the chance to say goodbye to as many people as I can over the coming week, but to those I dont manage to see, I bid you farewell :~(:~(

wicker8
22-Jan-10, 22:13
hi i dont know if you did any deliverys to my home or my work but i wish you all the best for the future take care cheers karenx

northener
22-Jan-10, 22:14
mate. That's a bum deal.

I know you said you thought it may happen, but I was hoping that it wouldn't. If there's anyway I can help just shout up.

I know you'll be missed up here, so you'd better keep coming on the .Org. And I hope I see you before you finish.

N.

octane
22-Jan-10, 22:15
Since you have built up a good relationship with your customers....start up yourself if possible.

Beat them at there own game....they probally started as one van and worked up....why cant you.

Go 4 it!!!!! Be your own boss

Ricco
22-Jan-10, 22:17
Wot! You've been mothballed?? Good God, DeH - they can't do that... what about going subbie and working for the new people? :eek:

Ajax
22-Jan-10, 22:17
hi sorry to hear your sad news where in wick did you deliver i may know you from my work or home deliverys helen

joxville
22-Jan-10, 22:19
Sorry to hear you'll be losing your job, particularly one you enjoy doing and especially in the current climate, hopefully you'll be back in employment soon.

cuddlepop
No, its not the usual "I'm leaving, please persuade me to stay" thread.

After close on 7 years delivering to the good people of Caithness, (and some of the bad ones too) my employers, in their infinite wisdom (which they keep well hidden) have decided that Caithness no longer requires a professional delivery service, and have sub-contracted out the work to a more inferior company.

The upshot of this is that as from next Friday, I will no longer be employed in the Wick area. In fact, I may no longer be employed, but thats an ongoing fight.

To say I'm gutted would be an understatement as I have thoroughly enjoyed my time in Caithness, and made many good friends there. It has been a great experience, and one which has left me with many stories to tell, not all of them good, but mostly so. I may even relate one or two of them on here.

I will miss Wick and its terrific people, but all good things must come to an end. I will get the chance to say goodbye to as many people as I can over the coming week, but to those I dont manage to see, I bid you farewell :~(:~(

We heard today AJG have lost the DHL contract,after the way my order went awol after AJG got it I'm not suprised.
Wasted a whole day waiting for my sons pram on Wednesday.

Maybe you should start up yourself as people still want deliverys.:D

Alice in Blunderland
This must be awful for you. I hope it all turns out okay. :D

DeHaviLand
22-Jan-10, 22:25
hi sorry to hear your sad news where in wick did you deliver i may know you from my work or home deliverys helen

For anyone who hasn't worked it out from my user name, I'm the DHL driver.

Aye, I will catch up with you hopefully northener, Im gonna get you spelling that name right yet ;)

Dont know about starting on my own, I have the thought that I'd like to do something totally different, like lap-dancing. Hell I may even blow my redundancy money getting lap-dancing lessons from nubile young ladies!

Alice in Blunderland
22-Jan-10, 22:29

Oh are you the driver who does his washing in the Wick laundry?

reddevil
22-Jan-10, 23:34

Aye, I will catch up with you hopefully northener, Im gonna get you spelling that name right yet ;)

Dont know about starting on my own, I have the thought that I'd like to do something totally different, like lap-dancing. Hell I may even blow my redundancy money getting lap-dancing lessons from nubile young ladies!
with that body,i would pay to see that show,that would cheer me up no end,i will miss you my friend,xxx

DeHaviLand
22-Jan-10, 23:53
with that body,i would pay to see that show,that would cheer me up no end,i will miss you my friend,xxx

aye, and I'm gonna miss the show on those cold days Red, take care xxx

northener
22-Jan-10, 23:59
For anyone who hasn't worked it out from my user name, I'm the DHL driver.....

I never twigged to that, I just thought you liked old planes.:Razz

......... Im gonna get you spelling that name right yet ;)

and I keep telling you it's two 'l's in Havilland!

Aaaargh! My eyes! My eyes!

Phill
23-Jan-10, 00:00
DHL have always bin' a bunch of shits (IMO for the lawyers), I remember Elan in Manchester, but that was in another dimension.

I don't know the in's & out's but they started the winddown for up here a couple of years back I reckon, suddenly prices started to rocket, pricing themselves out intentionally.

It's always a shame when this kind of things happens, you've had my autograph a few times, I hope something works out for you.

Thumper
23-Jan-10, 11:04
OH no!Whos gonna do me favours now?:( and more to the point who's gonna buy me coffee ;) I think they are mad to get rid of you and will refuse to use DHL in protest,but I do think CP is right and you would do great and starting up yourself-van driving tho not poledancing :eek: x

shazzap
23-Jan-10, 12:09
Good luck.

poppett
23-Jan-10, 13:14
Sorry to hear of your troubles Dehaviland. Hope you decide to set up for yourself or sub for the opposition and are able to stay in the county. Wherever you end up with internet access I hope you will keep in touch.

David Banks
23-Jan-10, 13:47
Yes -- please stay in touch with us all.

crayola
23-Jan-10, 19:54
Sorry to hear about your job situation DHL. Good luck with finding something new,

reddevil
23-Jan-10, 20:29
aye, and I'm gonna miss the show on those cold days Red, take care xxx
my other half just home,wishes you well,said to try skye transport they may need someone of your talent,best wishes from my better half.

Margaret M.
23-Jan-10, 20:45
Sorry to hear that Dehaviland. I hope the old saying that when one door closes another opens, will apply to you. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Rheghead
23-Jan-10, 20:47
I hope you find something else despite the tough times.

Boozeburglar
23-Jan-10, 21:03
Sorry to hear that Dehaviland. I hope the old saying that when one door closes another opens, will apply to you. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Is that a revolving door?

Good luck I am sure everything will be fine.

:)

horseman
23-Jan-10, 23:40
Sorry for you dhl,an all the best to you in the future.

unicorn
23-Jan-10, 23:57
How about starting up on your own and also transporting small animals such as rabbits, pigeons, mice etc. It would save me many long trips to Edinburgh if I could get a courier who would just pick up a wooden travel box.

Liz
24-Jan-10, 00:18
I am so very sorry DeHaviland.:(

I really hope that something good will come out of this. You deserve a break after the tough time you've had.:confused

cuddlepop
24-Jan-10, 10:39
my other half just home,wishes you well,said to try skye transport they may need someone of your talent,best wishes from my better half.

That right they were advertising for an HGV not that long ago.
You fancy hauling some trees?:)

Only problem with living on Skye is the price of propery and rentals,very expensive.:(

trix
24-Jan-10, 15:59
OH no!Whos gonna do me favours now? and more to the point who's gonna buy me coffee x

yeah, an who's gona dry ma eyes when am all upset an cryin an stuff?
an who's gona take me home when am....all upset an cryin an stuff??

'e bearded man in 'e van is no choost a delivery guy, he's an agony ouncle an a body guard. he's loyal, faithfull, kind....an though he's kwite scary lookin he's lek mashed tatties.....soft....an eh...lumpy. (sayin 'at, ah widna lek to be on 'e receivin end o' his wrath, iv herd one or two o' his ideas an when he's wild....he could be very dangerous) :eek:

il miss hevin a 'safe place' on 'e street an il miss ye dehav...an so will ma mam an ma dad, ma dad got kwite fond....considerin yer first encounter wi 'e tool man [lol] hell, yer lek a member o' ma faimly!!

if yer up iss wie an wantin anything, coffee or a beid for 'e nicht, ye ken far i live.

still planin a weekend doon yer way too, efter ma winter holidays. its ok, il take ma own whiskey. i do insist on yer beid tho ;)

DeHaviLand
24-Jan-10, 21:16
yeah, an who's gona dry ma eyes when am all upset an cryin an stuff?
an who's gona take me home when am....all upset an cryin an stuff??

'e bearded man in 'e van is no choost a delivery guy, he's an agony ouncle an a body guard. he's loyal, faithfull, kind....an though he's kwite scary lookin he's lek mashed tatties.....soft....an eh...lumpy. (sayin 'at, ah widna lek to be on 'e receivin end o' his wrath, iv herd one or two o' his ideas an when he's wild....he could be very dangerous) :eek:

il miss hevin a 'safe place' on 'e street an il miss ye dehav...an so will ma mam an ma dad, ma dad got kwite fond....considerin yer first encounter wi 'e tool man [lol] hell, yer lek a member o' ma faimly!!

if yer up iss wie an wantin anything, coffee or a beid for 'e nicht, ye ken far i live.

still planin a weekend doon yer way too, efter ma winter holidays. its ok, il take ma own whiskey. i do insist on yer beid tho

Aw Trix, I'm gonna miss you too, and your family. Even your Da :lol:
I dont do whiskey, but I have plenty of whisky at home. Kinda worried about you being in my bed tho, what would your brother say?

DeHaviLand
24-Jan-10, 21:20
Thanks to everyone for their good wishes and concern. Thats what I'm going to miss most about Caithness, the people.

KCI
25-Jan-10, 00:11
I hope you are not my favourite delivery guy, but I'm not sure!

I have a lovely delivery guy, who used to be so nice when I was expecting Baby KCI - used to carry my parcels upstairs for me!
He has a beard and drives for the same company.......if it is you,then I am very sad to see you go.

Anyway,good luck, whatever happens.

carasmam
25-Jan-10, 00:13
Good luck in whatever you do in the future :)
You are one of the best delivery guys up here and I'll always remember my wee lassie thinking you were Santa when you came with a parcel just before Christmas :lol:

Moira
25-Jan-10, 00:28
That's sad news indeed Dehaviland. As has already been said we will all miss you very much.

Please keep in touch and may the very best of the Org go with you, whatever happens.

I think you've just been voted our favourite Yellow Van Man. :D

DeHaviLand
25-Jan-10, 22:58
Good luck in whatever you do in the future :)
You are one of the best delivery guys up here and I'll always remember my wee lassie thinking you were Santa when you came with a parcel just before Christmas :lol:

Lol, I'm sure I had to deliver more parcels than Santa :roll:

DeHaviLand
25-Jan-10, 23:00
That's sad news indeed Dehaviland. As has already been said we will all miss you very much.

Please keep in touch and may the very best of the Org go with you, whatever happens.

I think you've just been voted our favourite Yellow Van Man. :D

Thanks Moira. I'll still be on the Org, now that I've learned how to avoid infractions ;)

trix
25-Jan-10, 23:05
Kinda worried about you being in my bed tho, what would your brother say?

i da ken but i cana wait til find oot [lol][lol]

Stavro
26-Jan-10, 00:21
So long, farewell, Auf widersehen ........

http://www.midclyth.supanet.com/Cat_goodbye.jpg

good night and all best wishes for the future.

tommy1979
29-Jan-10, 01:20
The feeling is mutual mate :~(

You made the best cup of tea in the county..........whit am a gonnae dae noooo!?!?!?!?!?!?! :lol:

ginajade
29-Jan-10, 09:56
Good luck and all the best for the future. I'm sure you could get plenty references from Caithness folk.

Fran
06-Feb-10, 00:59
I have passed you many many times going up and down to Inverness. all the best to you.