PDA

View Full Version : Diet Thread!!

grantyg
02-May-06, 20:01
Right my belly has expanded to far I`m on Diet!
Lets start an org diet thread - a place to come and say "my tummy hurts it is so hungry!"
Or to share tips and recipes!

We can have a post your loss at the end of each week!
I`m starting tomorrow and I don`t mind posting my weight if others will do the same!
So I`m nice and thin for the org pub crawl we need to do in the summer!

For my diet I`m going to be mostly eating dust(slim fast) and smaller meals.
Only drinking once a week.
And getting back to the gym!

So a weekend round up could be.....
Grantyg
Weight loss - 2lbs
Been naughty - had a mint aero on thursday
Alchohol - 4 Beers on thursday to drown my sorrows after the aero incident!
Excercise - 6 hours at the gym

That bears no resemblence to last week it was just a sample!

So who else is up for this! Get a move on I want to get started - I have more chins than a chinese phone book!
Granty
17st 10lb

Billy Boy
02-May-06, 20:14
I gave up smoking and went on a diet i went from 18 1/2 stone to 11 1/2 in 8 months, but i thought i had gone to far as Mrs Billy Boy said she could see ma ribs.
So i thought what the heck i will put a stone back on and low and behold i am now 15st 5lb, since i am a little bit wiser and the easy part is taking it off ( once you find the will power) The hardest part for me is keeping it off.
To lose it i used lots of chewing gum and water when i was hungry and it worked for me.
Probably cos it was more a case of greed not need.
now i am back to square one looking for hints to find the willpower all help appreciated:cry:

Please dont tell me to look on ebay, i already have lol

It also doesnt help when acameron teases me wi pies and cream cakes everyday [evil]

grantyg
02-May-06, 20:25
The org diet thread can be our motivation!
Elaine tells me it has been done before - but that was before my time!
I lost 3 stone last year but put a wee bit back on after stopping the gym and eating/drinking more!

connieb19
02-May-06, 20:41
I'm another one who finds it easy to loose the weight but hard to keep it off. Once I loose so much, I become complacent and start eating the rubbish again.
I try to change what i eat though because If I say I'm on a diet, I crave the things I shouldn't eat.
I've given my self a kick start today by going on the slim fast. I'll do that for a few days, then start on the healthy stuff.

sam
02-May-06, 20:42
It also doesnt help when acameron teases me wi pies and cream cakes everyday [evil][/quote]

That acameron is a tart lol, trying to temp & tease you wi all his cream cakes,

but am no buying it that he tried to temp & tease you wi his pie's a mean come on lol acameron part wi a pie a dont think so !!!
he never got that well rounded figure wi givin his pie's off[lol]

krieve
02-May-06, 20:54
I could do with loosing some weight, i just can't find the will power lol i lost it somewhere if anyone has found it anywhere can i have it back please![lol]

Ok i do really want to loose weight i just need a push in the right direction!:(

sam
02-May-06, 20:57
i could do wi losing a bit aswell, i'm back on the diet again 4 days now and not been tempted so far. so fingers, toe's & anything else i can cross, crossed, that i will lose it;)

changilass
02-May-06, 22:02
Am heading south for the week (my body headed south a long time ago) but would be willing to weigh myself when I get back and do a weekly update, I could also use it to add how many fags I am smoking as I will try to give up on those as well. Not sure how many friends I will lose, likely to be very bad tempered for a while lol

It gonna end up coming out something like Bridget Jones diary lol

Valerie Campbell
02-May-06, 22:55
I remember someone telling me everything in moderation and a bit of exercise is a good way to keep weight under control.

porshiepoo
03-May-06, 09:48
The trick is to ask yourself why you're overweight in the first place, and be honest about the answer.
If it's because you binge or see food as a source of comfort then you have to address that problem first, otherwise you're setting yourself up for another fall - and so the cycle begins, self loathing - binge - guilt - self loathing.
Many people are overweight simply because they eat the wrong things or have no idea about good / bad food but for those of us that eat because we're unhappy with some aspect of ourselves or our lives, diet alone isn't going to cut it. Unfortunately.
For those of us that binge on rubbish food (or generally just binge) and know that it's making us put weight on that could eventually seriously affect our health and who maybe disagree with what I've said so far, ask yourself this - How much must you hate yourself to abuse your body with a substance that you know could result in serious health problems and yet keep doing it regardless? I'm gonna say pretty much a whole lot.
The saying "I'm not unhappy because I'm overweight. I'm overweight because I'm unhappy" has to be the most realistic thing I've heard. Having said that, it's not necessarily true for evertone.
Admitting something is wrong is the easy part, working out what it is and dealing with it is the hard part.

But to all of you that suceed with your weight loss, good on ya, keep up the good work and I hope you keep it off. :o)

fred
03-May-06, 10:18
I've got an idea.

We could build a huge shed just outside Wick and fill it with a huge range of the most apetising foods, make them as cheap as possible so people can afford to buy more and make it open 24 hours a day so people can go out and get that irreistable delight they've just seen on TV. Make it sell cheap petrol so people don't need to walk. The shops which close down in Wick can be replaced with Greek and Italian takeaways, McDonalds and Pizza Huts.

Then we just sit back and wait a few thousand years while evolution does her job.

Bingobabe
03-May-06, 18:03
Ive been on a diet for about 8 weeks well longer than that but the frist time i tried i failed miserably.I have lost a stone so far im hoping to be back in a 10 by the summer.

coastown
03-May-06, 18:48
i am on the opposite side now i would love to put some weight on no matter what i eat i stay the same.

gee
03-May-06, 19:08
i like the idea but i would have to diet before i put my weight on the site haha

dozerboy
03-May-06, 20:23
Is a good idea, but I find taking the weight off is equally hard to keeping it off. As soon as I put myself on a diet I just crave anything that I know I shouldn't have. Doesn't help when my wife can eat whatever she likes and stays nice and slim! I think also though alcohol doesn't help the weight. I always intend just to have a drink at the weekend, but end up having a drammie most nights. No wonder the belly sticks out!!

golach
03-May-06, 21:20
Am heading south for the week (my body headed south a long time ago) . Not sure how many friends I will lose, likely to be very bad tempered for a while lol
It gonna end up coming out something like Bridget Jones diary lol

Well, leave your bad tempered mood up North, or its NO Crispy Aromatic Duck for you tomorrow night [evil]

changilass
03-May-06, 22:38
Well, leave your bad tempered mood up North, or its NO Crispy Aromatic Duck for you tomorrow night [evil]

I promise to be a happy wee lassie, but only if I get soup and duck lol

Chillie
03-May-06, 22:46
Not to make you all water at the mooth but for tea tonite I had garlic king prawns, 12oz sirloin with all the trimmings then homemade rice pudding all washed down with a nice bottle of red, oh how good it is to be thin, he he.

changilass
03-May-06, 22:48
Not to make you all water at the mooth but for tea tonite I had garlic king prawns, 12oz sirloin with all the trimmings then homemade rice pudding all washed down with a nice bottle of red, oh how good it is to be thin, he he.

Used to be able to eat like that and it not make a difference, but not anymore:cry:

krieve
03-May-06, 22:48
Here was me thinking you only liked tinned pies lol any luck getting it open yet?

highlander
03-May-06, 23:02
I hope to help mr acameron to stay the lean mean sex machine (well thats what he tells us ladies he is) because as the little pudy-tat is now named in his honour angy (boo-pie).
He is not going to let the little kitty-cat starve, and will be giving up all his pies to him. lol

Chillie
04-May-06, 00:07
Here was me thinking you only liked tinned pies lol any luck getting it open yet?

Only when I get the flipin tin open[lol]

sam
04-May-06, 19:21
I hope to help mr acameron to stay the lean mean sex machine (well thats what he tells us ladies he is) because as the little pudy-tat is now named in his honour angy (boo-pie).
He is not going to let the little kitty-cat starve, and will be giving up all his pies to him. lol

hope you have a good crow bar lol, to get the pies out of acameron's hand , a strong rope to tie him up wi ( to stop him stealing them back )[mad] and something to gag him with ( I believe he gets quite noisy when he canna get his pie's)
:lol:

acameron
04-May-06, 19:56
I dinna even eat pies!!! I keep slim by eating slowly, eating healthy, a good session of exercise everyday.
I am currently 11st 3lb - I know im a couple of pound overweight but I think I ca lose that by next week.
I dont smoke or drink and I attend church religously.

If you all look as good as me when your finished your diet, then you have failed

good luck guys

Billy Boy
04-May-06, 20:07
I dinna even eat pies!!! I keep slim by eating slowly, eating healthy, a good session of exercise everyday.
I am currently 11st 3lb - I know im a couple of pound overweight but I think I ca lose that by next week.
I dont smoke or drink and I attend church religously.

If you all look as good as me when your finished your diet, then you have failed

good luck guys

here ac your keeping johnston's in business lol and the only way you would go to church is for confession for tellin all those porky pie's,as for 11st 3lb - well your supposed to put both feet on the scale's at the same time lol:lol:

acameron
04-May-06, 20:18
My scales work just fine with both feet on .......although they only go up to 11st 3lb.

Billy Boy
04-May-06, 20:37
My scales work just fine with both feet on .......although they only go up to 11st 3lb.

good :lol:

Billy Boy
04-May-06, 20:39

good one lol :lol:

Billy Boy
04-May-06, 21:47
come on girl's not one of you have put your weight on your thread or is it a secret like your age:lol:

acameron
04-May-06, 22:20

I am honoured, you have huners and hunders of animals - coos - sheeps - ducks - dowgs - wabbits - pigs and rats, but I bet angy boo-pie will your favourite. But favourite or no favourite if angy boo-pie touches my food... I will eat angy boo-pie. Thats unless I am on a diet myself :)

sam
04-May-06, 22:26
I am honoured, you have huners and hunders of animals - coos - sheeps - ducks - dowgs - wabbits - pigs and rats, but I bet angy boo-pie will your favourite. But favourite or no favourite if angy boo-pie touches my food... I will eat angy boo-pie. Thats unless I am on a diet myself
that poor wee defenseless creature,:( shame on you lol :lol:

acameron
04-May-06, 22:42
Back to the original thread.

Jane (love of my life, she who brings me food) put me on a diet a couple of years back. I was 17 stone at the time and the lovely Jane put me on a strict diet, and I did lose weight. But it was a nightmare, all I could think about was how empty my belly was, and it was a constant battle. So I hate diets and would never go on one where it deprived me of what I like. I am currently (after weighing myself on proper scales) 14st 8lb and boy do I eat. I keep my weight down through excercise. I dont go to the gym or have any stepmasters but I play loads of golf (which we measured one time as a 6 mile walk) and I am in a job where Im on the move all the time.
Jane recorded a programme of the TV recently. It was Paul McKenna and it made total sense to me. I am not on any diets so Im sitting on the fence here. But his theory is that if you slow down your eating (chew slowly and properly) your brain sends signals to your stomache that food is on its way, and you do not need as much food to satisfy you. Idea is eat to satisfy not to fill.
Like I said Im not any weight watching scheme just now but if I wanted to lose weight I think I would go with that idea.

highlander
04-May-06, 23:03
I only ever worried about my weight was when i tried on something i enjoyed wearing and found it kinda hugged the skin too much lol
Then seven years ago, i took a bad bug, and lost so much weight i got down to 6 1/2 stone, i found i had more problems with this loss of weight than anything else, i could not sit in a bath without hurting, cos there was no fat there, u sat on bones, your arms grew hairy with trying to keep the heat in your body, but oddly, i would loose more hair off my scalp, the reason i as telling this, is cos people worry too much about loosing weight, life is too short. I always say "i'm not fat, just too short" lol

Billy Boy
07-May-06, 19:10
well at last i have found the willpower to diet along with mrs billy boy, and between salads and slimfast i have lost 7lb this week and mrs billy boy 4lb, which is just the encouragement we need to keep us both going for another week.
Believe me if i can do it anyone can cos i love ma food ( more than mrs billy boy ) ha ha:lol:
and thats wi acameron teasing me wi pie's and cream cakes all week,moaning & groaning as he is eating his cream apple turnover's (it helps when you get such support from your work colleagues)but hey ac you can keep trying lol, a wont give in.[para]

connieb19
07-May-06, 19:44
well at last i have found the willpower to diet along with mrs billy boy, and between salads and slimfast i have lost 7lb this week and mrs billy boy 4lb, which is just the encouragement we need to keep us both going for another week.
Believe me if i can do it anyone can cos i love ma food ( more than mrs billy boy ) ha ha:lol:
and thats wi acameron teasing me wi pie's and cream cakes all week,moaning & groaning as he is eating his cream apple turnover's (it helps when you get such support from your work colleagues)but hey ac you can keep trying lol, a wont give in.[para]Well Done Mr and Mrs Billy boy. Mr Billyboy, you must have great willpower to resist the cream cakes when you see ac stuffing his face. I've been doing well this week and hopefully get some support from my work colleagues to help me on my way. I'm still too scared to stand on the scales, I'll do it once I've lost a bit..lol Keep up the good work!!

acameron
07-May-06, 19:53
Your quite right Highlander - to much dieting makes me hungry. Anyways you look fantastic as you are.
Billyboy ma slip-on wearing mate, when I was eating that apple and cream turnover (and it was lovely) I was trying to keep the noises down! Good on you lossing 7lb in a week......(did you take your wallet out of your pocket?)
And Mrs Billyboy fantastic job.... on lossing 4lb and putting up with Billyboys mumping and moaning.
Keep up the great work ..... I myself Im sitting here with my work clothes on waiting for Monday morning with pennys in my pocket for Johnstons bakery.

Billy Boy
07-May-06, 20:29
Your quite right Highlander - to much dieting makes me hungry. Anyways you look fantastic as you are.
Billyboy ma slip-on wearing mate, when I was eating that apple and cream turnover (and it was lovely) I was trying to keep the noises down! Good on you lossing 7lb in a week......(did you take your wallet out of your pocket?)
And Mrs Billyboy fantastic job.... on lossing 4lb and putting up with Billyboys mumping and moaning.
Keep up the great work ..... I myself Im sitting here with my work clothes on waiting for Monday morning with pennys in my pocket for Johnstons bakery.

Oh lol ac, you have no idea how much he is mumping and moaning but hey dont you worry lol you will get it all tomorrow, and no he didnt take his wallet out of his pocket a just took the money oot o it before he put it in his pocket lol :lol:

grantyg
09-May-06, 18:52
Right not had a bad week - the usual 3 b`s on thursday (Band Bingo and Beer) but not too bad all in all.
I refreshed my gym membership today and managed a 3 miles on the excersise bike 15 mins on the rower and 15 mins on the cross trainer!
From my 17st 10lb hulk I am now at 17st 6lb so 4lb in a week is a good start.
I have been weeing like a nutter tho!

Billy Boy
11-May-06, 18:16
http://media.damnfunnypictures.com/dfp/whenyouneedslimfast.jpg

angela5
11-May-06, 18:50
http://media.damnfunnypictures.com/dfp/whenyouneedslimfast.jpg

I take slimfast on a daily basis, sorry it's not for any of the above reasons. I am not fat,sweaty or nor am i smelly. I enjoy my daily intake it stops me binging on chocolate.
Great news Mr Billy boy you lost 7lb and Mrs Billy boy 4lb, all you need now is to run a wee bit and see if the earth still shakes.:lol:

DaScout
11-May-06, 20:23
IM on a diet I way a staggering 56 kilogra:lol::lol:ms

Billy Boy
16-May-06, 14:15
another good week lost 5lb,still hungry as ever but getting better,night time is worse,been drinking lot's of water which seem's to help with the hunger but the only down side is going to the toliet a lot, i swear it's worse than drinking pint's of larger:D

LRM
16-May-06, 15:09
things to fill up on:

sugar free jelly
raw carrots or any veg. u can eat as much as u like.
snack a jacks if you feel like something sweet
drink water or diet drinks by the gallon as it fills you up.

acameron
16-May-06, 15:43
Bad week this week - never ate much at all - lost too much wieght when I wasnt feeling well on Friday and didnt eat my dinner. Only had a wee egg roll today as I never had money for pies. Did however have a grand feed of mince and tatties last night that made me want to lay on the couch and cuddle down for the night with the TV remote control only to top it up with a couple of slices of cheese on toast later that night.
Billyboy must be doing better this week as I have been transferred to punishmnet duties, probably because of the apple and cream turnover inccident.
Your all doing very well guys - keep up the good work and you never know, you might be a slim as me one day.

Billy Boy
16-May-06, 18:38
sorry to here of your bad week ac,i'am sure you will make up for it come payday and moan an groan your way through a pie or three or four or more :lol: not to sure about the punishment duties, it could be worse you could have to listen to the other one moan and groan lol:eek:

acameron
16-May-06, 19:00
Im feeling better now, just had my dinner. Is that Mr Billyboy giving it big moans? In that case is he always on a diet? Neverheed Mrs Billyboy, once he is able to tie the shoelaces on his sandshoes you can give him a jammy dodger and it will have the same effect as a thawed out bacon sandwich.
Sympathys goes out to you Mrs Billyboy, Im sure Mr Billyboy will soon be his old happy go lucky self soon enough whistling zippidy doo daa whist opening his cheese and onion slimfast.

Billy Boy
16-May-06, 21:58
now there's a thought,cheese and onion slimfast i think a jammie dodger slimfast would go down a treat lol:Razz

Billy Boy
17-May-06, 14:53
http://www.funnyville.com/funny-pictures/hiding.jpg