PDA

View Full Version : What's in your man drawer?

Invisible
20-Jan-10, 14:47
Inspired by Michael McIntyre.

I have 7 batteries, instruction manuals for every watch I have ever owned except the one I'm wearing, cables for CD players, MD players, diaries that have no entries, bank statements, pens, rulers and a £5 coin.

Tom Cornwall
20-Jan-10, 14:49
socks and pants...the bare essentials

telfordstar
20-Jan-10, 14:56

I have 7 batteries, instruction manuals for every watch I have ever owned except the one I'm wearing, cables for CD players, MD players, diaries that have no entries, bank statements, pens, rulers and a £5 coin.

Lol I absolutly ended myself at that on Micheal McIntyre he is so funny.

BRIE
20-Jan-10, 15:33

are the batteries alive or dead??!!:lol: are you waiting for your mission too Invisible;)

northener
20-Jan-10, 15:37
I don't have a 'man drawer'...ridiculous concept.

However, I do have a 'man welsh dresser', a 'man set of drawers', a 'man under the stairs area' a 'man electrical cupboard' and two 'man sheds':Razz

Invisible
20-Jan-10, 15:44
are the batteries alive or dead??!!:lol: are you waiting for your mission too Invisible;)

3 are dead the rest have partial life

Kathy@watten
20-Jan-10, 15:57
With the apparent increase of sales in the "Man Bag"...I don't think the phenomenom has reached the Northern climbs of Caithness....more for the London fashionasta man perhaps?...correct me if I am wrong gents! (perhaps our Northern Scottish blokes still enjoy their caves...sorry sheds!) Pray tell what a man carrying such a bag carts about with them, I do know the odd camera, wallet land in my handbag for carrying when we travell off somewhere and this prompts the question is Dt ready for his own "man Bag"? Men rarely have a supply of wet wipes, hankies, lipsalve etc but are happy enough to scrounge from lady bags....oh change is a coming!

Phill
20-Jan-10, 16:50
'man under the stairs area'

Is that like a naughty step?

poppett
20-Jan-10, 16:54
Right there with you Kathy. On an outing I never get away with a tidy wee handbag, even though that would suit my needs, as I have so much troch to hake about for my OH.

ShelleyCowie
20-Jan-10, 17:19

Me and my OH couldnt move for laughing at that about the man drawer!

The man drawer in this house is full of non essential junk. Batteries, dozens of alan keys, screwdrivers etc etc etc! its packed. And i never go near it. :D

Fran
20-Jan-10, 17:53
Right there with you Kathy. On an outing I never get away with a tidy wee handbag, even though that would suit my needs, as I have so much troch to hake about for my OH.

You must buy your OH a man bag, saw a man in wick with one yesterday!!they need it for their hair gel, hair spray, tweezers, batteries,shaver,pen,magazine, bottle of lucozade,chocolate and a sandwich.

onecalledk
20-Jan-10, 18:03
I used to live in the central belt many moons ago and one day at work i made the statement that "real men dont use moisturiser"..... the backlash from the males I worked with was astounding! seemingly they not only moisturise but have a "regime" that involves lots of aftershave, hair gel and general preening.......hence the "man bags" in cities.......

Then again I also worked with a guy who was amazed that when he visited his friend who lived a few miles outside Inverness that when he left the house it was DARK as in DARK with no lights whatsover..... weird that isnt it , middle of the country at night is DARK .......

K ;)

Phill
20-Jan-10, 18:52
Real men don't have Man Bags, they have a Wifey wiv her own bag to put our moist.....important manly things in!

Cedric Farthsbottom III
20-Jan-10, 18:58
Pants and socks.Oh aye and a large pack of excell durex.Only to be used in the need of an emergency incase the bedroom roof springs a leak and one can place one on one's napper.:lol::lol:

joxville
20-Jan-10, 19:31
1 x ethernet cable @ 15' long
1 x ethernet cable @ 6' long
6 x watches needing batteries
3 cell phone chargers
20 AA batteries
4 AA rechargeable batteries (avec charger)
15 AAA batteries
1 x shaver charger
1 x hair clipper
1 x half used pk Airwaves (menthol)
1 x radio control car controller
1 x label printer
1 x first aid kit
1 x USB extension lead
1 x corded mouse
1 x quiz book
4 x blue pens
1 x Rizlas
3 x drill bits
1 x teaspoon
1 x Philips screwdriver
1 x Stanley knife
1 x Coke bottle top???
1 x lid for an insulated cup
1 x old toothbrush

Phill
20-Jan-10, 19:45
3 cell phone chargers
20 AA batteries
15 AAA batteries
1 x shaver charger
1 x hair clipper
1 x label printer
1 x first aid kit
1 x USB extension lead
1 x corded mouse
1 x quiz book
4 x blue pens
1 x Rizlas
3 x drill bits
1 x teaspoon
1 x Philips screwdriver
1 x Stanley knife
1 x Coke bottle top???
1 x old toothbrush

Oooh, the USB lead! Is it a proper male / female jobby?
I'd swap you for dried out markers (colours - various) some old rolls of 35mm film and a handful of retractable pencils (no leads).

George Brims
20-Jan-10, 20:18
We have friends (both originally from the Inversnecky region but now living in Engerland) who visited a couple of years ago. The husband carried a man bag, mostly to hold his pipe, tobacco, lighter, Swiss army knife (for pipe maintenance) etc. It was starting to fall apart at the seams. I took them to Santa Barbara for the day, and his two teenagers were horrified when he managed to find a shop with shelves of them, and bought a shiny new replacement.

If I carry a man bag it has the name of a supermarket on the outside, and a six pack of whatever good beer is on sale this week inside.

Stig
20-Jan-10, 20:18
Bet nobody has a combined shifter/lighter in their drawer. very useful too.

cuddlepop
20-Jan-10, 20:23
I'd still be typing by bedtime as we have a "serious man drawer" and he know exactly where everything is ,even although we think its a "pigs sty":lol:

we darent throw anything out either as you never know when "he" might need it.;)

We also have a "man shed" that requires a risk assessment to enter.:lol:

telfordstar
20-Jan-10, 21:05
3 cell phone chargers
20 AA batteries
15 AAA batteries
1 x shaver charger
1 x hair clipper
1 x label printer
1 x first aid kit
1 x USB extension lead
1 x corded mouse
1 x quiz book
4 x blue pens
1 x Rizlas
3 x drill bits
1 x teaspoon
1 x Philips screwdriver
1 x Stanley knife
1 x Coke bottle top???
1 x old toothbrush

Wow thats a very impressive man drawer lol.

Phill
20-Jan-10, 21:36
The husband carried a man bag, mostly to hold his pipe, tobacco, lighter, Swiss army knife (for pipe maintenance) etc.

Aaahh, that's a baccy bag, very different.:confused

Whitewater
20-Jan-10, 22:28
Mrs Whitewater knows what's in my drawers and she's not telling.

Kodiak
20-Jan-10, 23:27
All I have in my Man Drawer is a Little Yellow Man and here he is :-

http://i48.tinypic.com/303h7km.jpg

Phill
20-Jan-10, 23:46
I do not have a man drawer per se, I have man clutter.
However being a new age man in touch with his feminine side (bleurrgghh), metrosexual, PC, equality embracing and all that, we also have Wifey clutter [drawer].
But to outbid us both the kids have toypalm, it's like napalm but worse in a domestic environment.

Rheghead
21-Jan-10, 00:54
I have in my mandrawer

several strangely shaped black plastic objects from consumer goods which I've since now binned which may have served as packing.
Several cables from memory drives
A spare ignition key from 2 motorbikes which I've proudly owned.
My first soft toy which no one will take from me except from my cold dead hand.
Batteries of course.
A spark plug in the original box
An old film camera
An old audio tape

Tilter
21-Jan-10, 01:22
With the apparent increase of sales in the "Man Bag"...I don't think the phenomenom has reached the Northern climbs of Caithness....

Yes it has Kathy but it's called a sporran. I have seen very strange and unlikely items get hoicked out of sporrans.