PDA

View Full Version : Man on 'car theft' death charge

bekisman
17-Jan-10, 22:53
So they've got the scum then?
I mention this as it says he is 'charged with murder' - bet a pound to piece of s.. that it won't be 'murder' some poxy lawyer will get him off that with something like 'causing death by dangerous driving' ?
'A man has been charged with the murder of a woman who was run over as she tried to stop her car allegedly being stolen from outside her home. Lynda Hankey, 42, was thrown into the air over the vehicle in Worsley Mesnes, Wigan, Greater Manchester, on Thursday as her partner looked on. Shaun David James Higgins, 23, from Church Street, Leigh, is also accused of the aggravated taking of a vehicle. He is due to appear before magistrates in Wigan on Monday. '

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/8464662.stm

Tubthumper
17-Jan-10, 23:02
bekisman, you have to bear in mind he'll be:
a) druggy
b) son of druggies
c) product of broken home
d) unemployed, barely literate
e) known to the police since an early age
Give him a break, willya?
Also, how come these lowlifes always have lots of names?

catran
17-Jan-10, 23:30
a) druggy :: more than likely
b) son of druggies : , Just read the papers and see how many parents are devastated at their off springs fall to drugs well that is not always the case
c) product of broken home again not always the case
d) unemployed, barely literate unemployed :well most of the youth today are unemployed by no choice of their own and are not necessarily illiterate
e) known to the police since an early age: not necessarily one should not assume such things.
Give him a break, willya? No no no break
Also, how come these lowlifes always have lots of names?What has names to do with it???? Except and I accept a lot of people in Caithness now have a lot of names and change then frequently.

A thoroughly despicable crime. Nowhere is safe nowadays because of tearaways ruling the roost, schools, workplaces, shopping centres ect ect.
According to the Groat we are getting more and more drug related incidents in this part of the country each day, a sign of the times one would say and it is not just the down and outs, they are the ones that get that caught...........

So I reckon one should not cast doubts as to the names we were given at birth and registered forthwith.

joxville
17-Jan-10, 23:31
a) druggy
b) son of druggies

Too many contenders for the title of Father, thus, all bases are covered. :roll:

lister
18-Jan-10, 02:41
a) druggy
b) son of druggies

What a sad post....and ye make light of it..
Really sad.
Yer true colours.
Why not write a ditty for this hmm

_Ju_
18-Jan-10, 10:35
Couldn't help noticing your signature after reading your post Lister.

The point of this thread is an inevitable nodding of concurrent heads. Obviously this is tragic for the person who was killed and their family. Also, not so obviously, it's a tradegy for the youngster who commited this crime and who has been denied any real options in their life from a very young age. It's all just a big waste of life. Pity.

bekisman
18-Jan-10, 12:31
As one who had a very bad life, abusive father etc does not make me bad..

Anyway
update:
Higgins' solicitor, Peter Antrobus, made no application for bail and the defendant was remanded into custody.
Chairman of the bench Patrick Else adjourned the case to February 9 at Liverpool Crown Court.

Creme_Egg
18-Jan-10, 13:02
He should burn in hell! People like him get too many chances while us working class people pick up the pieces and pay for him to sit in a luxury pad!

Idiot for even thinking to take a car let alone a mum of 2.

A bright yellow MG what was he thinking!

lister
18-Jan-10, 18:10
Couldn't help noticing your signature after reading your post Lister.

The point of this thread is an inevitable nodding of concurrent heads. Obviously this is tragic for the person who was killed and their family. Also, not so obviously, it's a tradegy for the youngster who commited this crime and who has been denied any real options in their life from a very young age. It's all just a big waste of life. Pity.
Very understanding and a clarity of real thought there min,,not like previous posts which just want to make light of and to make fun of a terrible matter

Stavro
19-Jan-10, 18:19
I mention this as it says he is 'charged with murder' - bet a pound to piece of s.. that it won't be 'murder' some poxy lawyer will get him off that with something like 'causing death by dangerous driving' ?

I remember a trial of a well-known liar and criminal once, where the liar's solicitor was told straight out by a witness that, "I have told you the truth, but you do not want to hear it."

The solicitor quickly changed the topic.

Phill
19-Jan-10, 18:40
it's a tradegy for the youngster who commited this crime and who has been denied any real options in their life from a very young age.

We do not know this and can only make assumptions.

Some of these people make a choice. It's easier to fleece the benefits system and go out and rob things that others have worked hard for than actually get a job themselves.
When they get caught they tend to fit into Tubthumpers description, from experience I find there are a great deal of scutters that will admit to being a habitual substance abuser of one description or another in the hope that it will reduce their sentence.

6 years inside or 2 yrs suspended and go on a silly rehab' course for a few weeks................hmmmm, that's a toughie.

Some of these people may(?) be uneducated but they are not stupid.