PDA

View Full Version : Just curious

Anji
15-Jan-10, 17:56
On TV last night, there was a programme about a news team trying to travel from JOG to Land's End, reporting on the effects of the recent snow.

They 'couldn't get to JOG' and landed their helicopter out in the country as close as they could get, and spoke to a man and three boys.
Just out of curiosity, does anybody know where this was?

northener
15-Jan-10, 18:05
On TV last night, there was a programme about a news team trying to travel from JOG to Land's End, reporting on the effects of the recent snow.

They 'couldn't get to JOG' and landed their helicopter out in the country as close as they could get, and spoke to a man and three boys.

Musta been Inverness.[lol]

badger
15-Jan-10, 18:30
Saw that and decided they were nowhere near - just trying to make it sound bad. If they couldn't make JoG they weren't trying.

groater
15-Jan-10, 18:44
hardly been any snow north of warth hill sounded like somewhere in sutherland?

Katy
15-Jan-10, 18:54
Yeah I thought the guy sounded like he was from Golspie possibly......my hubby is a farmer and he didn't know who the guy was either.....
Kxx

Anji
15-Jan-10, 19:34
Saw that and decided they were nowhere near - just trying to make it sound bad. If they couldn't make JoG they weren't trying.

That's what I thought. If they'd got to Groats, there'd have been a lot less snow on the ground.

Thanks for the suggestions, but I'm still curious as to where it really was.

Fran
16-Jan-10, 01:18
Are you sure it wasn't lands end as there has been no snow lying in john o' groats.

groater
16-Jan-10, 02:36
could be a bit like the AA advert??:lol:

Kirdon
16-Jan-10, 13:29

Heard it was at Dunbeath, but at was just a rumour.

Shabbychic
16-Jan-10, 14:05
Maybe it was Portgower. :eek:

Were they ever heard of again?

northener
16-Jan-10, 14:33

That's queer.

There's a shed appeared in Portgower that appears to be made out of bits of helicopter [para]

Kodiak
16-Jan-10, 14:39

AHHH!! The old Portgower Triangle then :D

Anji
16-Jan-10, 15:08

If it was Portgower, they got out alive, and made it at least as far as Hopetown.