PDA

View Full Version : Sony Ericsson K850i

Turquoise
14-Jan-10, 17:07
My phone keeps crashing mid-call and also when using the camera function. It's really quite annoying!

If I upgraded the software via t'internet, I suspect that this might help but I'm wary of what it will reset on my phone. I do have a memory card which I can back pics etc up onto, but is it likely to reset any other settings?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks

dx100uk
14-Jan-10, 19:39
it will prob reset the phone to defaults
copy your numbers to the sim
and things should be ok.

dx

M R
14-Jan-10, 22:39
I had, and know a few who have the same phone. It's a common problem with that phone.

As DX says, make sure you got all your contacts on your sim, i lost all mine when the touch screen decided to stop working and couldn't even get into the phone to copy them across. most annoyed. They seem to get worse with age, not sure why.

Turquoise
14-Jan-10, 22:47
it will prob reset the phone to defaults
copy your numbers to the sim
and things should be ok.

dx

I had, and know a few who have the same phone. It's a common problem with that phone.

As DX says, make sure you got all your contacts on your sim, i lost all mine when the touch screen decided to stop working and couldn't even get into the phone to copy them across. most annoyed. They seem to get worse with age, not sure why.

Thanks! Good advice from you both, I will give it a shot later and see how it goes...!

Unfortunately my contract isn't up for a few months yet so can't get rid for a while :(

M R
14-Jan-10, 22:54
I'd harrass them for an upgrade ;)

Turquoise
14-Jan-10, 23:17
I'd harrass them for an upgrade ;)

Yes, good plan! I'm quite good at doing the (deviously) innocent customer... [evil]

Fanks