PDA

View Full Version : One law for MPs and another for the rest of us

Stavro
13-Jan-10, 19:24
Did you see the "secret deals" option now made available for our lawmakers?

http://news.scotsman.com/politics/MPs-39allowed-to-pay-back.5977141.jp

I like the comment from someone on that page who said, "how about, I rob a bank - and if I get caught I just hand the money back secretly, and that's the end of it?"

:D

tonkatojo
13-Jan-10, 19:41
Nowt new there, the s just please themselves no matter, and bluff it out when caught. Parliamentary privilege or something similar usually works for them.

Stavro
14-Jan-10, 02:59
Nowt new there, the s just please themselves no matter, and bluff it out when caught. Parliamentary privilege or something similar usually works for them.

That's true enough, but we are all supposed to buy what they say as if they really care for us, when so many of them are frequently caught with their grubby fingers in the till and then do their best to lie their way out of it without even any shame or embarrassment.

What gets me is that some of these people are the ones who make laws (usually new ways to take money off us) that we have to adhere to, while they flaunt them all the time.

Mrs Bucket
14-Jan-10, 12:28
Did you see the "secret deals" option now made available for our lawmakers?

http://news.scotsman.com/politics/MPs-39allowed-to-pay-back.5977141.jp

I like the comment from someone on that page who said, "how about, I rob a bank - and if I get caught I just hand the money back secretly, and that's the end of it?"

:D

Methinks its time the peasants got revolting

Rheghead
14-Jan-10, 13:28
I think MPs are doing a great job, great value for money, just look at John Thurso and his expenses. Who would do a better job for less?

Stavro
14-Jan-10, 23:15
A total of more than £1 million is being demanded from MPs, but some senior politicians are refusing to pay. What gall! Their audacity appears to have no limits.

tonkatojo
15-Jan-10, 09:59
A total of more than £1 million is being demanded from MPs, but some senior politicians are refusing to pay. What gall! Their audacity appears to have no limits.

It's a weird one this, why do the numptys keep electing the thieving ones back in ??, not all warrant being pilloried or tarred with the same brush, albeit not many.

Stavro
15-Jan-10, 20:53
... why do the numptys keep electing the thieving ones back in ??, not all warrant being pilloried or tarred with the same brush, albeit not many.

Some seem honourable, though I agree, not too many. Same with local councils.

Perhaps we should tempt the grubby ones with the promise of treble expenses for those that hack into a NASA computer - then we could wave them goodbye as they are extradited to the United Prison of America? :)

tonkatojo
15-Jan-10, 21:25
Some seem honourable, though I agree, not too many. Same with local councils.

Perhaps we should tempt the grubby ones with the promise of treble expenses for those that hack into a NASA computer - then we could wave them goodbye as they are extradited to the United Prison of America? :)

They would probably bribe the US authority's or claim diplomatic immunity or something in that order, no way would they be prosecuted, as you say one law for them and another for us.

Stavro
15-Jan-10, 21:48
They would probably bribe the US authority's or claim diplomatic immunity or something in that order, no way would they be prosecuted, as you say one law for them and another for us.

Yes, they would probably plead the "lessons have been learnt" defence! :)

tonkatojo
15-Jan-10, 23:38
Yes, they would probably plead the "lessons have been learnt" defence! :)

Which means don't get caught, bury the truth deeper,make better excuses,blame the previous government,be careful what inquests to have,and numerous others.