PDA

View Full Version : Aerial photos of Wick and down to Dunbeath.

Phill
05-Jan-10, 23:01
Two slide shows for you:

http://s805.photobucket.com/albums/yy337/Phill_Rawlins/Wick%20Aerial/?albumview=slideshow

http://s805.photobucket.com/albums/yy337/Phill_Rawlins/Wick%20Aerial%202/?albumview=slideshow

Over 100 photies all together. These are from May 2005 and take in a flight from Wick to Dunbeath and back, they include the good, the bad & the ugly. I've removed the obviously blurred and obscure shots (and the ones of the couple romping naked) but I haven't tweaked them or straightened out horizons etc.

Now here's an offer, if you would like a digital copy of the original image then I am offering them for sale (details below).
This is not a commercial venture as such, I'd like to raise some finances towards more aerial photography around Caithness. It ain't cheap by any stretch, chartering a plane to lob around the county while I hang out the window wiv' me box brownie.

Here's my cunning plan: If there are any takers I intend to put the funds towards another round of aerial photography, stage by stage moving round the county. With each set I'll post them up and offer the images for sale, the proceeds from each set will go towards the next etc. etc. but everyone gets to view the images as well.

I intend to put up all the images for all to view and (hopefully) sell some original copies. If this works request will be taken (within reason & no guarantees, priority goes to those that buy!!) and if someone wants a shot of their wee housey hopefully we can work it out.

This is pretty much an honesty bar at the moment as you could obviously copy a lower res' version from the slideshow but I know you wouldn't do that when you can get a nice full res' version.:eek:

Details below and PM me if your interested in buying any images or post a reply with feedback or suggestions.

Cheers.

Slideshow 1 (first link) Digital JPEG file from 2.5 to 3.5Mb, 3072 x 2048 pixels, good enough for a good A4 print and a reasonable A3 but this does vary due to the individual images. £4.00 each 3 for £10.00

Slideshow 2 (second link) Digital JPEG file 1 to 1.5Mb 2048 x 1536 pixels, good enough for reasonable / decent A4 print but again varies. £2 each 3 for £5.00

Payment can be via paypal, cash, cheque & tinterweb banking.

Commercial use by negotiation. i.e B&B's, web use etc. etc. not looking for megabucks but fair price towards more piccies.

I am happy to tweak any images for those who do not have the software themselves.

Mod's, I hope this doesn't infringe rules & regs etc. and if not would you make it a sticky for a few days??

Kathy@watten
06-Jan-10, 10:45
Some lovely pictures there, not that I know anything about compostition or lighting etc, but from a perspective of never having seen the county from above these give a unique nosey from the sky, many thanks made my morning!

dunbrake
06-Jan-10, 18:00
Thanks Phil
Photos are great, found one of my old house the garden paths in the shape of the St Andrews Cross looked really good from above. Cheers

North Light
06-Jan-10, 18:38
Phil,

A great series of photographs.

Leanne
06-Jan-10, 20:12
Brilliant pictures! I've been trying to convince my other half to take the flight on day - he won't!! The views are amazing - especially as the plane is so low ;)

Kevin Milkins
07-Jan-10, 11:09
That sounds like a great idea Phil. I have only had a quick look through the first set, but I will have a closer view of the full set and place an order.:Razz

Phill
07-Jan-10, 13:41
Two more images from another detail in Jan 2006.

This time the looking over the bottom of Broadhaven towards Papigoe.

http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy337/Phill_Rawlins/misc%20aerial/IMG_5625.jpg

http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy337/Phill_Rawlins/misc%20aerial/IMG_5626.jpg

scoobyc
07-Jan-10, 15:59
any for the Thurso side of the county?;)

Phill
07-Jan-10, 16:14
any for the Thurso side of the county?;)

Unfortunately not :~(

Which is part of my aim in the first post. If these generate enough interest then I can hopefully do more.

scoobyc
07-Jan-10, 21:31
ok, thanks for the reply and best of luck:D

Fran
08-Jan-10, 02:18
Where do we go to get one taken of our house?

Deemac
08-Jan-10, 09:28
Nice images, though its a pity about all the reflections in the windows your shooting through. (and the aircraft wings).

Though far more expensive, helicopters are better for this sort of work. (especially when you take the door off and sit shooting on the edge!!):eek:

Phill
08-Jan-10, 12:22
Nice images, though its a pity about all the reflections in the windows your shooting through. (and the aircraft wings).

Though far more expensive, helicopters are better for this sort of work. (especially when you take the door off and sit shooting on the edge!!):eek:

The reason for the reflections & wingtips on most of these photo's is that they were not the actual flight detail/photo op. They were taken en route and are just opportunistic.

Helicopters are vastly expensive and are only really any good with their own stabilized kit on board.

Certain light aircraft (Cessna 150 - 172) are good as you can set the window fully open and remove any reflections.
A good and cheap (?ish) platform is a flexwing microlight, I've had a lot of success from these in the past, you can quite literally hang right out and get some good shots. However these have limitations on where you can fly.

Leanne
08-Jan-10, 21:24
Where do we go to get one taken of our house?

Have you tried google earth? we got this of ours

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh22/l34nn3_k4ut/land2.jpg