PDA

View Full Version : A9 road conditions?

Loraine
27-Dec-09, 16:56
Just wondering if anyone has been south on the A9 today as my sister-in-law is needing to head home to Tain this afternoon and is worried about reports of ice on the roads at Berriedale. Does anyone know if the roads are clear?

mums angels
27-Dec-09, 18:28
Just wondering if anyone has been south on the A9 today as my sister-in-law is needing to head home to Tain this afternoon and is worried about reports of ice on the roads at Berriedale. Does anyone know if the roads are clear?

My hubby is on his way south to edinburgh today , he left before 2 and is only just in aviemore , the roads are pretty bad but more ice than snow on roads , you can get web cam feed of the traffic scotland site and it will give you a clearer idea . If it were me i wouldnt be going if i didnt have too , sadly hubby has a plane to catch in the morn for work so has no choice .

Loraine
27-Dec-09, 23:51
Thx for the reply. She got down safely in the end. The roads were fine. :)

chocolatechip
28-Dec-09, 00:44
If she was coming home from the wick side the road from there to Lybster was leathal it was covered in pure ice this morning as I was heading that way between 10:30 and 10:45

Loraine
28-Dec-09, 11:16
Yeah I heard there were a couple of accidents along that road - cars sliding into the ditch! That's the trouble when you're out on the roads before the gritters have been. You have to take it easy on the roads in this weather. :eek: