PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Tree Collection?

ShelleyCowie
27-Dec-09, 12:43
Just wondering if there is a christmas tree collection? I remember last year we just left our tree outside and it was picked up but im not sure if they are doing it this year. :confused

If not then i will be havin a bonfire! :lol:

changilass
27-Dec-09, 13:07
Mines goes in the fire every year Shelly, I normally start pruning the bottom branches about now and by the time its due to be taken down there is only the trunk left, so its been pretty then we get a nice warm out of it.

I work on the basis that if something doesn't have at least 2 uses then it shouldn't be in the house in the first place lol.

Hubby is safe cos he makes a nice cuppa :lol:

Boozeburglar
27-Dec-09, 13:59
How about getting a potted one next year that can live on in your garden? :)

changilass
27-Dec-09, 14:34
A few years down the line the potted one will have to go in the fire too for being too big and will have cost a fortune in back treatment after putting my back out every year bringing it in, then having to pay someone else to make christmas dinner.

Not a good plan.

joxville
27-Dec-09, 14:43
Just wondering if there is a christmas tree collection? I remember last year we just left our tree outside and it was picked up but im not sure if they are doing it this year.

Good grief woman, you'll help raise CO2 levels. :eek: ;)

ShelleyCowie
27-Dec-09, 15:08
Good grief woman, you'll help raise CO2 levels. :eek: ;)

Helping...that doesnt sound bad! :cool:

poppett
27-Dec-09, 15:26
Couldn`t find special mention about tree uplift. Garden waste suspended until 3rd January, so maybe they will take it with the garden waste whenever your next collection would be.

I have a ceramic tree which works with a candle bulb on an ordinary lamp base, so never have the problem of pine needles, or visiting dogs thinking we have an inside toilet.

riggerboy
27-Dec-09, 16:13
Just wondering if there is a christmas tree collection? I remember last year we just left our tree outside and it was picked up but im not sure if they are doing it this year. :confused

why dont you do the

he loves me

he loves me not

with the pine needles, will take a bit of time but it maybe worth it lol

Aaldtimer
27-Dec-09, 16:38
I'm sure I read in the Courier/Groat that trees should be broken up and put into the brown bins and they won't uplift whole trees.:(

kwbrown111
27-Dec-09, 16:57
The trees have to be cut up into smallish bits and put into brown bin

brandy
27-Dec-09, 18:09
is this something new as every other year ive always seen trees sitting out side whole waiting for collection.

ShelleyCowie
27-Dec-09, 18:20
is this something new as every other year ive always seen trees sitting out side whole waiting for collection.

I think it is new :( What an annoyance! Wont be buying a real tree next year then if thats what you have to do!! [disgust]

acameron
27-Dec-09, 19:32
doesnt have to be cut up and put into bins as far as I know

floyed
27-Dec-09, 20:03
I dont see the problem with having to chop up the tree and put it in the bin. I mean you only have to do it once a year, and it certainly wouldnt stop me getting a real tree next year. I do however understand it could be a problem with some people, who cant manage to chop the tree up elderly ect.

But i did see on the highlands website that you can put it to the recycle centre -

RECYCLING CENTRES:
All waste and recycling centres will be closed on 25 December and 1/2 January. Normal opening times on all other dates. Christmas trees will be accepted at recycling centres.

There is nothing on the webite about chopping your tree up so i am assuming you can put the whole thing out and they will pick it up:-)

Billy Boy
27-Dec-09, 20:34
I think it is new What an annoyance! Wont be buying a real tree next year then if thats what you have to do!! [disgust]

My god!! What a disgrace, You go and pay £15 ish for your tree, Take it home, Decorate it, put lovely lights on it, Keep it up for 2 weeks and when your finished with it,low and be hold, You then have to spend 5 minutes cutting it up and put it in your bin, Just for the council to pick it up from your pavement outside your front door [disgust]

I am just as annoyed as you Shelly! They should be sending the binmen in to take the lights and decorations down and remove it from your living room!!

I am telling the wife! NO tree next year,That will sort the council out:D

golach
27-Dec-09, 20:39
Get a Fiber optic tree, it lights up right away, no need to decorate, and it folds away, in minutes, and can be used next year, now thats recycling [lol]
My only concession to Xmas :lol:

Aaldtimer
27-Dec-09, 20:40
My god!! What a disgrace, You go and pay £15 ish for your tree, Take it home, Decorate it, put lovely lights on it, Keep it up for 2 weeks and when your finished with it,low and be hold, You then have to spend 5 minutes cutting it up and put it in your bin, Just for the council to pick it up from your pavement outside your front door [disgust]

I am just as annoyed as you Shelly! They should be sending the binmen in to take the lights and decorations down and remove it from your living room!!

Get that tongue oot o' yer cheek BB...it might stick there!:lol:

Allsorts
27-Dec-09, 21:28
We don't have a brown bin to put it in!!! Thank goodness for the compost heap.

Vistravi
27-Dec-09, 21:42
Get a Fiber optic tree, it lights up right away, no need to decorate, and it folds away, in minutes, and can be used next year, now thats recycling [lol]
My only concession to Xmas :lol:

Defintly. My partner wants a real tree next year for the baby's first christmas. I personally don't want one as its such a waste to only use it for a couple of weeks and then chug it. Fiberoptic or a fake tree are the way to go!

floyed
29-Dec-09, 20:04

Just what i was thinking lol:lol:

ShelleyCowie
29-Dec-09, 20:19

Just what i was thinking lol:lol:

And this is relevant to what i asked......how?

Billy Boy
29-Dec-09, 21:15
[QUOTE=ShelleyBain;637200]:( What an annoyance! Wont be buying a real tree next year then if thats what you have to do!!

Lol, It was a tongue in cheek comment as to the fact that you find it so annoying that you should have to cut up your tree to put in the bin, :roll:
I just found it amusing that rather than cut up your tree to make it easier for uplifting you wont be buying one next year:lol:

ShelleyCowie
29-Dec-09, 23:10
Lol, It was a tongue in cheek comment as to the fact that you find it so annoying that you should have to cut up your tree to put in the bin, :roll:
I just found it amusing that rather than cut up your tree to make it easier for uplifting you wont be buying one next year:lol:

i never said i wouldnt be buying a tree, i said i wont be buying a real tree. Who on earth wants to stand and cut their tree up branch by branch?? What a pain in the backside in my opinion.

So does anyone actually know what has to be done? some people are saying it goes in the brown bin, some are saying just leave it out?

Aaldtimer
30-Dec-09, 03:46
Well Shelley, just leave your tree out for collection...if it's collected, fine! If not , you know what to do...spend 10 minutes and reduce it to your brown bin. Simples! Tcheeck!:roll:

ShelleyCowie
06-Jan-10, 11:06
Well Shelley, just leave your tree out for collection...if it's collected, fine! If not , you know what to do...spend 10 minutes and reduce it to your brown bin. Simples! Tcheeck!:roll:

It was collected :Razz

thank you Mr Binmen!

Dadie
06-Jan-10, 14:08
We dont have a brown bin!

Does this mean it has to be fought with and shedding its needles in the back of the car to take it to a recycling centre:eek:

At this rate I will still be finding needles from this tree next Christmas!

Felix
06-Jan-10, 19:19
Trees will be picked up next week (this will be your brown bin week). The tree does not need to be chopped up just left outside in your normal collection area.