PDA

View Full Version : About your Christmas Gifts?

Angel
26-Dec-09, 23:28
What was you favourite Christmas Gift... My favourite was a Silver neckless and braclet from a friend...
What was your silliest... My silliest was a Santa Pig that oinks songs...
What was the most useful... My most useful was a diary... I am useless with time/date stuff...

Any other catagories...

Merry Christmas to all...

Angel...xxx

ShelleyCowie
27-Dec-09, 00:00
Favourite - my books, Got all 4 of the Twilight books.

Silliest - my sister got me Twilight sweeties just because of my passion for the movie lol

Most useful - digital photo frames. :Razz

purplelady
27-Dec-09, 00:20
Loved all mine as they were all given with love xBut my fave was my notebook computer from my lovely fella x

youoldduffer
27-Dec-09, 00:40
Gotta say they were all my favourites, all except the brick which helps keep the tree stable and my brother thought would be funny to wrap it and put my name on it, Oh how everyone laughed more so when i was unwrapping it a frickin great spider came out and i threw the stone near into the tree.

riggerboy
27-Dec-09, 09:00
well i havent opened any as yet, but i sure do hope i dinna get a spider wrapped up in a brick talk about not wanted,do you get the feeling they dont like you lol

rs 2k
27-Dec-09, 15:01
Loved all mine as they were all given with love xBut my fave was my notebook computer from my lovely fella x
Same here :)

young_fishin_neep
27-Dec-09, 15:04
my fav - lips number one hits for xbox

most useful - sat nav

sillyest... ermmmm... dont have one lol

x

ShelleyCowie
27-Dec-09, 15:12
my fav - lips number one hits for xbox

most useful - sat nav

sillyest... ermmmm... dont have one lol

x

Lips is brilliant! I have it, im no the best singer but its certainly one o the only games i will sing with!!

young_fishin_neep
27-Dec-09, 15:13
Lips is brilliant! I have it, im no the best singer but its certainly one o the only games i will sing with!!

i love it too, agreed im defo not the best of singers, im more like the cats quior [lol] but im not to bad on this game :)

xx

bcsman
27-Dec-09, 18:39
i have to say this is my favourite present i got from my Barbs
http://www.hisltd.co.uk/DeWalt-DW745S-Portable-Site-Table-Saw.html

redeyedtreefrog
27-Dec-09, 19:30
Favourite was my new iPod touch
Silliest was an inflatable snow bob that can also be use on water
Most useful was a new desk for my PC.

floyed
27-Dec-09, 20:18
Favourite pressie was my new pink laptop from my gorgeous OH!
Silliest was a duck ;) from ma friendy Trix!
Most useful was the cooler for my laptop!

Angel
30-Dec-09, 00:36
Apparently... Santa has not delivered all my pressies... woo-hoo... so there is more of Christmas to come... and I am due some more pressies too...

Anybody else having an extended Christmas...

Angel...

rs 2k
30-Dec-09, 01:51
Yes

I am still waiting for halogen oven which was a christmas pressie to myself [lol]

My hubby bought me a new mobile phone which was also suppose to b here by the 23rd which didn't arrive yet

Bought stickers for a present for my hubby which hasn't arrived yet either and they were bought on the 16th dec, i have emailed them twice and got no reply :mad:

Loads still to come [lol]

Thumper
30-Dec-09, 08:58
Favourite pressie was a photo album full of photos of all the seals I have helped find their way home,it was the best gift I have ever had.
Didnt really get any usleful or daft presents-just lots of lovely things!x

joxville
30-Dec-09, 10:11
Best and most useful is a digital photography book.:)

Still waiting for Katie Melua to arrive. :(

catherine nicol
30-Dec-09, 10:30
I came home on boxing day to a most welcome surprise additional christmas gift.

It was a homemade cake and some homemade shortbread from a neighbour that I haven't yet spoken to.

What a very friendly welcoming thing to do for someone new to the area and someone she doesn't know yet.

I was extremely touched. That is the true spirit of Christmas to me.

lorr_mun14
30-Dec-09, 14:30
Hmmmmmm I came home on the day before xmas eve from work to find I had been robbed of some xmas presents!!! How someone can stoop so low to do such a dispicable thing I do not know!!!! Certainly NOT the spirit of xmas, although they managed to also take some spirits from my drinks cabinet!

domino
30-Dec-09, 22:05
My Calvin and Hobbes book!! Some old folk are easy to please!!

Amy-Winehouse
30-Dec-09, 23:20
I got some good pressies , a docking system for my I-pod , a pretty smart jacket & a few other good ones but they were the ones I needed- badly :D

macbreeza
31-Dec-09, 00:09
Silliest - a giant piggy bank (i wont ever fill it!)

fav - body language book which is very interesting

most usefull - £50 note which is now in the piggy bank but probably not for long!

Angel
05-Jan-10, 22:20
I think there is some-one working for the other side in Santa's team, as I am still waiting for my last pressie from the OH...

Mybe there is a lost pressie office somewhere...

Does anyone else need the lost pressie office?

Angel...

George Brims
06-Jan-10, 02:52
I got a turntable with a USB output, and am now turning my old LP collection into CDs. However I now find I had crap taste in music 20+ years ago. After all the Dire Straits ones are done, I am not sure where to go!

I also got a new wireless router for the house, the new "n" speed. From the only person in the house with a new enough laptop to benefit from it...

NickInTheNorth
06-Jan-10, 09:00
For the first time I can ever remember I got exactly what I wanted for Christmas presents.

Nothing!

It's taken many years but I finally trained all my family and friends not to waste their hard earned money buying me rubbish I don't want.

Anything I do want I buy for myself, and anything I want and can't afford I'm sure no-one would be stupid enough to buy for me anyway.

Bobinovich
06-Jan-10, 10:42
...I also got a new wireless router for the house, the new "n" speed. From the only person in the house with a new enough laptop to benefit from it...

Quality :lol:, although AFAIK the enhanced range from the 'N' router should boost the signal any other laptop receives too :cool:.

For the first time I can ever remember I got exactly what I wanted for Christmas presents.

Nothing!

It's taken many years but I finally trained all my family and friends not to waste their hard earned money buying me rubbish I don't want.

Anything I do want I buy for myself, and anything I want and can't afford I'm sure no-one would be stupid enough to buy for me anyway.

With you on that, although I just bought the gifts for my kids to give to me instead :D! That way I get what I want and don't feel guilty about spending a little on myself lol

Bazeye
06-Jan-10, 18:30
My daughter got me a Zippo with a certain species of plant motif on it. I thought Id been careful as well. Guess I'll have to find another hiding place now.

mumof2
06-Jan-10, 19:50
i loved my new shoes from Brandy and my OH got me a sat nav and new mobile. i was really spoiled this year! my wee girl got me new socks which were really appreciated as i needed them and she saved up her money to buy them for me awww.

wee sparkle
07-Jan-10, 18:09
My favourite present was my Sheila Fleet earings and matching ring (my wonderful boyfriend has excellent taste ;) ) :lol:

My most useful was my Camera that Alice bought me

And i didnt really get a silly present, but for my best mate (who's male) i bought a black t-shirt with "If you can read this, please put me back on my barstool" written in white, upside down on the front.... he was delighted! :lol:

Hope everyone had a good xmas and new year!

oldmarine
07-Jan-10, 19:48
My favorite was TRIAL BY FIRE written by J.A. Jance otherwise known as Judith Busk. She was raised in the small town of Bisbee, Arizona about 100 miles from Tucson, AZ. I lived in Bisbee fior 25 years and knew the Busk family quite well. After retiring I joined a coffee group with her parents. I have read most of the J.A. Jance books. She is on the New York Times Bestselling Author list.