PDA

View Full Version : what software

boxer
26-Dec-09, 11:02
hi just wondering what software you all use to edit your pictures i have an Olympus e420 and just geting started wiyh it thanks in advance

dragonfly
26-Dec-09, 11:30
i've only just started to get into editing, other than crop, straighten etc. I'm using photoshop elements 8 and its fine for my limited capabilities.

You can download it immediately from the Adobe Photoshop website or get it cheap of ebay if you want to wait a bit

Rheghead
26-Dec-09, 12:11
I bought a full version of Photoshop CS4 secondhand off Amazon and I'm really pleased with it. I've probably only scratched the surface of its true potential.

North Light
26-Dec-09, 12:14
boxer,
Some basic s/w will have come with your camera, this will allow previewing, basic adjustments etc, and is probably a good place to get started.

Next step up would be Photoshop Elements as Dragonfly has said, this has become increasingly sophisticated over the years, and if we are honest will do most of what the average Photoshop used needs!

Another alternative, which is gaining increasing popularity is Adobe Lightroom, if you are getting keen, well worth a look at, http://www.adobe.com/uk/products/photoshoplightroom/?promoid=DTEWE , but this is not a cheap option at around £230.

As an aside, you can also download a beta version of Lightroom 3, which will give you a limited time usage, about 3 months I think.
http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lightroom3/

I use a combination of software, but principally Nikon's Capture NX2 and Photoshop.

cazmanian_minx
26-Dec-09, 13:08
I started with Adobe Elements and now have Adobe Lightroom, which I love.

boxer
26-Dec-09, 14:52
thanks to all i will install the disc i got with the camera and give it a try thanks again

upolian
26-Dec-09, 17:13
i have adobe photoshop cs3 the full version,if you would like a copy i will quite happily copy on to a disc for you,as rheghead stated about cs4 the potential is unreal! cs3 is just the same!