PDA

View Full Version : Camps Bar

Amy-Winehouse
26-Dec-09, 00:52
A few of my family members went to the camps bar tonight and were asked to leave because a female relation of mine walked into the wrong toilet!!!!eh??? im sure the door men well if thats what you would call them must of been extremely bored !!! And after throwing two family members out of the bar the so called door men continued to shout a torrent of abuse at my female relation the things they said to her was uncalled for and disgusting !!!!

The bar was almost empty anyway so surely this happens alot apparently there other explantion for them being thrown out was because they werent regulars ??Is it any wonder decent folk no longer go there if this is the attitude shown towards paying customers. The place was far better when Des had it. And as for the door men i doubt they had any training and highly likely they dont have a brain cell between the pair of them if thats how they carry out there job.:mad:

crayola
26-Dec-09, 01:05
Is this a 'recommendation'? :)

Amy-Winehouse
26-Dec-09, 01:06
No just having a rant :Razz

caithnesslad
26-Dec-09, 01:09
Camps bar, Says it all.

caithnesslad
26-Dec-09, 01:11
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n299/Krystewart9/EChavvvy.jpg

upolian
26-Dec-09, 02:24
make a complaint to management im sure it would be dealt with,i doubt anyone on here will deal with it:roll:

EDDIE
26-Dec-09, 08:48
Some bars now have unisex toilets now but its a bit silly its an easy mistake to make iv walked in to wifeys toilest by mistake before ive even seen young ladys on a night out walking into guys toilets for carry on its not as if its harming anyone.
The best way to deal with is dont drink in camps bar again so it will be less profit for the owner

Amy-Winehouse
26-Dec-09, 10:01
make a complaint to management im sure it would be dealt with,i doubt anyone on here will deal with it:roll:

Im not expecting anyone on here do deal with it:roll:

Was just looking for other people expereinces with the bar !!

Amy-Winehouse
26-Dec-09, 11:01
Some bars now have unisex toilets now but its a bit silly its an easy mistake to make iv walked in to wifeys toilest by mistake before ive even seen young ladys on a night out walking into guys toilets for carry on its not as if its harming anyone.
The best way to deal with is dont drink in camps bar again so it will be less profit for the owner

I dont usually go in there but its nothing to do with the owner, it`s more to do with the eejets on the door, well no wonder it was empty , theyve barred everyone :eek:

Mr Winehouse

Bazeye
26-Dec-09, 12:05
Just playing devils advocate here but would you expect a man be thrown out for accidentally straying into the womens toilet?

riggerboy
26-Dec-09, 12:09
Just playing devils advocate here but would you expect a man be thrown out for accidentally straying into the womens toilet?

if you walked in to the female toilets in the camps i would expect they would batter you lol

ciderally
26-Dec-09, 12:17
if you walked in to the female toilets in the camps i would expect they would batter you lol
ha ha ha ha yea love it:lol:

Bazeye
26-Dec-09, 12:19

The bouncers or the "occupants"?

bettedaviseyes
26-Dec-09, 12:43
typical of that place:confused well a wonder if the bouncers hold a SIA LIECENCE its law to have one when working on the door of any place the pub or club will get into trouble along with the doormen this could result in the doormen not getting one if needed ...............;)

Kirdon
26-Dec-09, 13:38

Yeh! and the other way around as well. I have seen q's at the female toilets so the females just go into the male toilets as if they have the right to. And not only in the camps.

upolian
26-Dec-09, 14:07
Ive never had a problem with the place,like any bar i drink my drink n have a laugh with mates,you keep calling them eeeejits why dont you just go tell management and prevent it possibly happening again?

riggerboy
26-Dec-09, 14:33
The bouncers or the "occupants"?

the occupants of the female toilets are battering the bouncers aswell

Bazeye
26-Dec-09, 15:03
the occupants of the female toilets are battering the bouncers aswell
Know what you mean, weve got a few pubs(and women) like that here.

crayola
26-Dec-09, 17:32
Does the Camps still play host to the world's most drunken karaoke at weekends or has its excellence faded in that respect too?

fingalmacool
26-Dec-09, 18:18
I'm totally shocked that the Camp's have a toilet!, I assumed that you had to stand your ground whatever happened:confused

danc1ngwitch
26-Dec-09, 18:18
Sounds like your post ( rant ) is a little spiteful ? You say the place was better when the other guy had it?
Why?
Did he turn a blind eye to more goings on:lol:?
Anyway back to my story, in Glasgow months ago, a woman pushed by me in a rush for the loo, i giggled as she turned and came back out of the gents. No harm done.
But maybe if that was a man going into the womans toilet, well who knows what might have happened to him.

Bazeye
26-Dec-09, 19:17
Any transexuals in Wick? What do they have to do, use the car park?

bettedaviseyes
26-Dec-09, 19:33
:lol::lol::lol: love the comment above.......

Amy-Winehouse
26-Dec-09, 19:52
After a wee phone call to the owner , this matter is resolved , the bans are lifted.

Yes Bettedaviseyes, the doormen do have those licences, 1 of the 3 was actually telling me about them earlier on in the evening, funnily enough :confused

Case closed & Merry Xmas all

Bazeye
26-Dec-09, 20:03
After a wee phone call to the owner , this matter is resolved , the bans are lifted.

Yes Bettedaviseyes, the doormen do have those licences, 1 of the 3 was actually telling me about them earlier on in the evening, funnily enough :confused

Case closed & Merry Xmas all

So you mean your night out was ruined and the doormen are still employed there. No apology?

cesare
26-Dec-09, 21:49
hahahaha funny story doubt its true

bingo1
27-Dec-09, 00:21
The place is a stinking dive lol y would u want to drink er lol lol lol

Amy-Winehouse
27-Dec-09, 09:58
The place is a stinking dive lol y would u want to drink er lol lol lol

Because for the simple reason , in Wick on Christmas night there was 1 pub open to have a drink in. The recession has hit hard coz usually the clubs are open & couple of bars but not this year.

Cesare, If it wast true, what would be the point of posting in the first place ?

telfordstar
27-Dec-09, 12:25
Because for the simple reason , in Wick on Christmas night there was 1 pub open to have a drink in. The recession has hit hard coz usually the clubs are open & couple of bars but not this year.

Cesare, If it wast true, what would be the point of posting in the first place ?

You should have learned by now no matter what you post here on the org it will get ripped apart and total crap will get pulled out, hence turning the thread around. Yet again. Oh rant over!!!!!

Fran
28-Dec-09, 01:18
The Francis street club was open..you could have played bingo!!

Amy-Winehouse
28-Dec-09, 14:09
Sounds like your post ( rant ) is a little spiteful ? You say the place was better when the other guy had it?
Why?
Did he turn a blind eye to more goings on:lol:?
Anyway back to my story, in Glasgow months ago, a woman pushed by me in a rush for the loo, i giggled as she turned and came back out of the gents. No harm done.
But maybe if that was a man going into the womans toilet, well who knows what might have happened to him.
God spiteful heard it all now!!! dont know why i bother posting on here sometimes :roll:

Gizmo
29-Dec-09, 15:16
The Camps bar is the best bar in the town, always a good crack there, and hardly any trouble happens there these days :D

krackenkid
29-Dec-09, 16:10
It is with great regret that I have to reply to your comments on Caithness.org.
The Camps Bar is the oldest bar in Wick, opening its door after probation in 1947.
Run by a local family for local people and although we are a business, we do not put profit over the safety, welfare and enjoyment of our loyal customers.
The bar has changed in no way since we took over from the previous owners, who incidentally is still working alongside us but the biggest change is in the 2005 licensing act replacing the very outdated 1976 act.
I recognize our toilet facility are not ideal but as far as Highland Council/health and hygiene is concerned, they pass as adequate.
On Christmas night, a lady instead of using the back cupboard to hear her mobile phone, entered the gents toilets for some considerable time, after being alerted to the fact, one of our S.I.A trained door stewards, asked her to leave, as would any gent that enters the ladies toilets, she did so with no problem, what I can gather from various witnesses, on leaving the building, there was a slanging match developed started by one of the stewards, this by no way confirms to S.I.A standards and I don’t condone the actions of the stewards concerned, who are paid to police the door to the best of their ability in the interest of the staff and customers.
Out with this, it can only be dealt with at a S.I.A level, as stewards are there to stop trouble, not create it.
Over this matter, one of our stewards has left our employment and I hope this is a satisfactory outcome to this whole unfortunate matter.
I like to take this opportunity, in wishing all our loyal customers a very happy new year and hope to see you all in the near future.
Yours sincerely
Callum Reid (Camps Bar)

Posted on behalf of Callum Reid, Camps Bar, due to Callum not been a member and having problems getting registered i am posting this for him, otherwise this would've been posted sooner, thanks.

upolian
29-Dec-09, 16:13
It is with great regret that I have to reply to your comments on Caithness.org.
The Camps Bar is the oldest bar in Wick, opening its door after probation in 1947.
Run by a local family for local people and although we are a business, we do not put profit over the safety, welfare and enjoyment of our loyal customers.
The bar has changed in no way since we took over from the previous owners, who incidentally is still working alongside us but the biggest change is in the 2005 licensing act replacing the very outdated 1976 act.
I recognize our toilet facility are not ideal but as far as Highland Council/health and hygiene is concerned, they pass as adequate.
On Christmas night, a lady instead of using the back cupboard to hear her mobile phone, entered the gents toilets for some considerable time, after being alerted to the fact, one of our S.I.A trained door stewards, asked her to leave, as would any gent that enters the ladies toilets, she did so with no problem, what I can gather from various witnesses, on leaving the building, there was a slanging match developed started by one of the stewards, this by no way confirms to S.I.A standards and I don’t condone the actions of the stewards concerned, who are paid to police the door to the best of their ability in the interest of the staff and customers.
Out with this, it can only be dealt with at a S.I.A level, as stewards are there to stop trouble, not create it.
Over this matter, one of our stewards has left our employment and I hope this is a satisfactory outcome to this whole unfortunate matter.
I like to take this opportunity, in wishing all our loyal customers a very happy new year and hope to see you all in the near future.
Yours sincerely
Callum Reid (Camps Bar)

Posted on behalf of Callum Reid, Camps Bar, due to Callum not been a member and having problems getting registered i am posting this for him, otherwise this would've been posted sooner, thanks.

well said.

thread should now be closed?

danc1ngwitch
29-Dec-09, 16:31
God spiteful heard it all now!!! dont know why i bother posting on here sometimes :roll:
I did not mean to offend you, but at the very high risk of rattling your cage even more... This is indeed a place for posting opinions. Oh, and if you don't really know why you bother posting on here, well just don't.
Don't dwell on this post, move on and enjoy the lighter side of this org.

bettedaviseyes
29-Dec-09, 17:17
lol how many times do you need to say S.I.A :lol: the place is a bump p.s thread closed on my behalf..........................