PDA

View Full Version : Courier deliveries

rs 2k
25-Dec-09, 18:45
Hi

Does anyone know when courier deliveries are delivering again?

Is it Monday?

Waiting for 3 parcels that were mean't to b here by the 23rd and i stayed in all day for 2 days and they didn't arrive :~( wasn't happy

Thanx

gofor
25-Dec-09, 19:55
not back on the road till tuesday

DeHaviLand
25-Dec-09, 20:30
Like gofor said, it will be Tuesday. But before you blame the courier, remember the bad weather conditions meant that roads such as the M74 were closed. Not the couriers fault that they cant get parcels out to customers.

Dadie
26-Dec-09, 20:25
I know its not the couriers fault im waiting for a tumble dryer that should have been here on the 23rd!

Our one decided it couldnt wait for the jan sales to breakdown!

Thank goodness hubby managed to get a new belt for it from alacam within 3 days and fix it (probably temporary as its on its last legs) so we can manage until the 29th when the new one arrives.

2 small children.... this weather ... chocolate... Christmas dinner (worn more than eaten) ... having to wear nice clothes for people visiting/us visiting people and no tumble dryer would have driven me demented.

The 3 days without it was bad enough!

Rheghead
26-Dec-09, 20:31
I know its not the couriers fault im waiting for a tumble dryer that should have been here on the 23rd!

Don't be so sure of that, I just received a large package which was ordered in early October by OH. Despite many phone calls to the online sales people and their couriers, we finally tracked it down to their Inverness sub-contract courier who lied about not having it in their warehouse. When it finally arrived it was smashed to bits.

Dadie
26-Dec-09, 20:36
Dont jinx it please!
Im hoping it will arrive in working order and bump free before my bump decides it would like to make an appearance!

The timing is getting pretty dodgy on what will turn up first baby or tumble dryer:eek:

cherokee
27-Dec-09, 12:40
Know how you feel Dadie, about Couriers, although my situation is nowhere near as drastic as yours !!

We ordered a Christmas present for friends about a month ago and requested it to be delivered on Dec. 18th, as they asked us for a specific delivery date.

Hmmmmmm, our friends are still waiting for their gift to arrive !!!!!!!

Absolutley furious with them !! (the company, not our friends :lol: !!!!) It could be the Couriers fault, but our contract was with the company we ordered from, so as far as I'm concerned, the original company is at fault !! [evil][evil]

rs 2k
27-Dec-09, 14:06
I'm not blaming the couriers

What i am angry about is the company said it will b with u on the 23rd and when it didn't arrive i emailled them and i got a reply on the 24th saying parcel has been dispatched and should b with u today, why didn't they explain the weather is bad and could b delayed :confused how am i suppose to know M74 was closed [lol]

Fingers crossed the parcels arrive on tues :)

cherokee
27-Dec-09, 14:29
I'm sorry, I didn't mean my post to imply that you were blaming the courier. I just wanted to sympathise with you regarding expected deliveries going astray in general, be it the company or the courier.

You are entirely correct to expect, at the very least, an update on what has happened to your packages ! Its disgraceful that we are not informed as to what has caused the delay, be it weather, busy time of year or whatever!!

After all, we are the "paying" customer and should be treated as such, we shouldn't have to go chasing orders that we have paid for in good faith !!!!

riggerboy
27-Dec-09, 14:44
Don't be so sure of that, I just received a large package which was ordered in early October by OH. Despite many phone calls to the online sales people and their couriers, we finally tracked it down to their Inverness sub-contract courier who lied about not having it in their warehouse. When it finally arrived it was smashed to bits.

was it a giant 3d jigsaw puzzle by any chance ???

rs 2k
27-Dec-09, 14:44
Hi cherokee

My reply was to deHaviLand, sorry i should of quoted him :)

I agree with what u said cherokee, i was looking forward to getting my parcels as 1 of them was a halogen oven and i was so looking forward to cooking the turkey in it for christmas dinner [lol]

I will look forward to cooking the roast in it for new years dinner now, if it arrives by then [lol]

cherokee
27-Dec-09, 15:10
Hi rs 2k,

No problem ! Really hope you get your halogen oven delivered tomorrow in time to cook a lovely New Year's day dinner in it !!

All the best to You :)

poppett
27-Dec-09, 15:22
Had a fridge freezer ordered to be delivered to Dad. Indesit could only tell me it would be with the delivery contractor in Inverness on 22nd Dec. Expecting it to lay in a warehouse until after new year I asked who the courier was to be told "Northwards". Looked the contact number up on the internet and the fellow at Scrabster depot was very helpful, said it had arrived from the south overnight but the delivery van was in Golspie and had another load to go there booked for the same day. He would ring me when he knew when to expect delivery. He phoned back in about an hour to say the driver would put it on the second golspie run and deliver it on the way past dad`s house, so he could have it for christmas. True to his word he was there within half an hour despite awful icy access conditions and was polite and helpful.

Sadly my parcel via Royal mail is still missing from its rightful owner, but someone now has lovely cream and white net curtains which were made especially for my funny sized windows. If you have been left a parcel containing said nets please pm me so they can be returned, thank you.

crayola
27-Dec-09, 15:59
Don't be so sure of that, I just received a large package which was ordered in early October by OH. Despite many phone calls to the online sales people and their couriers, we finally tracked it down to their Inverness sub-contract courier who lied about not having it in their warehouse. When it finally arrived it was smashed to bits.I'm sorry to hear your latest piece of scientific eqiupment was smashed to bits. Here's a replacement for you. It's the deluxe model.

http://i45.tinypic.com/1zdnnyu.jpg

riggerboy
27-Dec-09, 16:01
I'm sorry to hear your latest piece of scientific eqiupment was smashed to bits. Here's a replacement for you. It's the deluxe model.

http://i45.tinypic.com/1zdnnyu.jpg

hahahahahaha thats the funniest thing ive seen in ages,

rs 2k
27-Dec-09, 18:28
Just received this email

Thanks for contacting us about your order.

I'm sorry this is taking longer to arrive than expected.

While every effort is made to deliver parcels as soon as possible, occasionally delays can occur.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this delay may have caused you. If you still haven’t received your parcel by 30.12.09 , please let me know so I can look into it further.

Thank you for your patience in this matter. I hope that despite any disappointment felt on this occasion you will continue to enjoy shopping with us in the future.

Kind Regards

Jackie Mcdermond

Online Customer Services

Oh well at least they replied [lol]

rs 2k
30-Dec-09, 23:37
I Phoned the company today as still waiting for parcels and i was told the courier is strugging getting the parcel to me due to the weather, parcels r lying in Inverness depot and they have tried for this last 2 days to get the parcels to me, but failed

Why is that, what is the weather like from Inverness to here?

Another thread said roads are fine so whats the problem? :confused

Waiting for a couple of parcels from royal mail which should of been delivered but haven't even had a letter these last 2 days either, are they struggling aswell?

Dadie
31-Dec-09, 14:47
We cancelled our order for a tumble dryer and ordered another.
The same but in the Jan sales!
£30 cheaper with free delivery coming later in Jan so I dont have to worry that the delivery will happen while im having my baby!
I just hope the old one lasts out!

rs 2k
31-Dec-09, 16:29
I would cancel my order but since it was our 1st order we got an extra £30 off so it made it £80 cheaper as was in the sale with £50 off already [lol]

rs 2k
31-Dec-09, 19:28
I am getting really annoyed now

Won't b cooking my new years dinner in my oven as never arrived AGAIN :mad:

Phoned the company AGAIN and the couriers r struggling to get the parcels to me :confused

So will have to wait til next tues now :(

They should of posted it by royal mail, i bought something off ebay on tues and it arrived today and that was from Manchester