PDA

View Full Version : Bliddy absess

changilass
24-Dec-09, 22:08
Not a happy bunny, got a bliddy absess on my front tooth, nothing open and no antibiotics in the house.

Aint it just typical sob sob.

shazzap
24-Dec-09, 22:15
Not a happy bunny, got a bliddy absess on my front tooth, nothing open and no antibiotics in the house.

I once had an abscess at Xmas and was in the same predicament.
I swilled hot water around my mouth as hot as i could stand it, also alcohol. The abscess burst so i got relief from the pain.

greenasiamcabbagelooking
24-Dec-09, 22:28
my heart goes out to ya changi, get industrial strength pain killers from somewhere ... STAT !

BINBOB
24-Dec-09, 22:50

Now,if u were a private patient..u would have been able to see ur dentist today!!!;)
Really hope u get better sooon,why not go to casualty in Wick,surely they would at the very least,give u antibiotics.make sure u take painkillers every 4/6 hours to help keep the pain at bay.

changilass
24-Dec-09, 22:52
Been gargling with water that had cloves steeping in it it has helped a bit, got very strong pain killers but not making much difference.

changilass
24-Dec-09, 23:28
Got appointment at hospital in the morning, so will just keep up with the pain killers for tonight.

Thanks everyone for the sympathy and suggestions.

If I can't sleep at least I will have a head start on the dinner.

shazzap
24-Dec-09, 23:29
Got appointment at hospital in the morning, so will just keep up with the pain killers for tonight.

Hope you get sorted.

tonkatojo
25-Dec-09, 02:43
To cheer you up Changi.

"Open wider." requested the dentist, as he began his examination of the patient. "Good God !" he said startled.
"You've got the biggest cavity I've ever seen - the biggest cavity I've ever seen." "OK Doc !" replied the patient.
"I'm scared enough without you saying something like that twice." "I didn't !" said the dentist. "That was the echo.";)

A woman and her husband interrupted their vacation to go to the dentist. "I want a tooth pulled,
and I don't want Novacaine because I'm in a big hurry," the woman said. "Just extract the tooth
as quickly as possible, and we'll be on our way." The dentist was quite impressed.
"You're certainly a courageous woman," he said. "Which tooth is it?" The woman turned to her husband
and said, "Show him your tooth, dear.":(

horseman
25-Dec-09, 06:27
Wicked!! with no references to the town.:D

bcsman
25-Dec-09, 08:12
i had the same problem a few christmas's ago.
went to A&E and they gave me 3 different kinds of pain killers.i was on a different planet for 3 days,no pain what so ever,fantastic,missed christmas though

BINBOB
25-Dec-09, 11:35

Hope they manage to get rid of the pain....;)

roadbowler
25-Dec-09, 11:54
thinly slice a clove of garlic and hold it on the abscess. Also. If you have raw cashew nuts, chew them in the mouth then hold it chewed in the mouth for awhilie as poultice for as long as u can on abscess. Swishing water with a bit of cayenne pepper, echinacea tincture or hydrogen peroxide in the mouth is also good. Garlic if reapplied a few times is likely to drain it and provide relief. I've seen it work...many times.

Bazeye
25-Dec-09, 13:59
i had the same problem a few christmas's ago.
went to A&E and they gave me 3 different kinds of pain killers.i was on a different planet for 3 days,no pain what so ever,fantastic,missed christmas though

Can I have some.

Hoida
25-Dec-09, 14:45
Try some very hot water with bicarbonate of soda in it and wash the area with that has worked many times for us The bicarb is good for taking down the inflammation.
Hope you feel better soon

changilass
25-Dec-09, 22:49
Got reallystrong pain killers and antibionics from the hospital on cloud 9 and not looking forward to the drop when it all wears off hehe

elastic band
27-Dec-09, 21:56
just to say for anyone in this type of pain a relative of ours was in same situation -we took them to Dunbar and the nurse prescribed painkillers and antibiotics and gave much needed sympathy.

fantastic service from dunbar -couldn't fault it