PDA

View Full Version : 2009

redeyedtreefrog
24-Dec-09, 20:13
How was yours?

Gronnuck
24-Dec-09, 20:29
:lol: Too busy, too expensive, too short but loads of fun. I hope to do it all again in 2010. :eek:

joxville
24-Dec-09, 20:56
Nothing special, but then again, it wasn't too bad either, there's a lot of people worse off than me.

I hope you all spare a thought for our soldiers fighting overseas, those suffering through no fault of their own, and especially for Sara Payne, mother of Sarah, murdered in 2000, who is critically ill in hospital.

http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/articles.aspx?cp-documentid=151494197

dragonfly
24-Dec-09, 21:09
awful, can't wait for 2010 to start, never want a year like this again!

firstly Brodie, our dog, was diagnosed with a liver shunt in January, had many trips down to Edinburgh's sick animal hospital to see if it could be corrected and then to be operated on

when down for his op, we got a phone call from the vets here to say our cat had been killed on the road

2 weeks after getting Brodie home from his major op my Mum died of a heart attack

and we lost our fight with the pet insurance company for Brodies £6k vets bill and had to pay it ourselves

suppose it could have been worse but I don't know what

northener
24-Dec-09, 21:29
How was yours?

Mine had twelve months, a lot of days and the sun went up and down a lot.

Here's hoping for more of the same in 2010!:Razz:Razz:Razz

ShelleyCowie
24-Dec-09, 21:33
Quite good actually, had Athruns 1st birthday. Went down to Skye, i turned 21, my niece was born. And i have remained happy! :Razz

Also a few random events but all is good!

Hope 2010 is gonna be as good! It shud be cos im going til see Muse LIVE! :eek: Darn...too excited now!!

bettedaviseyes
24-Dec-09, 21:52
i hope everyone the best for 2010 2009 was not so good for me so i really hope 2010 will be

Ash
24-Dec-09, 21:54
my daughter turned 5, she started P1, I got a new job oh and i had an amazing wedding!

:):)

Amy-Winehouse
24-Dec-09, 22:24
Started off quite slow then was going fine in February & March. pretty good times at home .

Then came April 1st. The worst day ever, I was on the Miller Platform when the guys went home on the chopper but didnt make it, That was horrendous, we all just wanted off ASAP but couldnt because of fog , so sitting about being able to do nothing was so hard.

We eventually got off on the 4th and didnt return until May. In between, I attended the memorial service for the victims & met a couple of families which was so sad , worst bit was the service was on live TV & I was on 11 times with numerous close ups - I wasnt aware the TV cameras were there but I was on the news bulletins for 2 days afterwards:eek:

After we got back to work there was a collapse in the oil price so we were all in danger of losing our jobs & the rumour mill went into full swing- in the end I chose not to listen to it- we were going to this rig then we were going to another rig, aye ok

A good thing about this year is the progress of my son, as some of you will know he suffers from Autism & couldnt speak last November- now he can say unprompted sentences which is brilliant for us but life changing for him, He is now being allowed 2 mornings a week into North school nursery and he is so happy from the wee boy he was last year to what he is now is unreal :D.

At the tail end of 2009 I got a transfer from Miller as it is de-commisioned(shame coz its a fine platform) to another rig to go 2 weeks away 3 at home - Im home for xmas & new year , so Im delighted.

In summary it was good and Bad, but the good was fantastic & the bad was horrendous.

Happy xmas & Good New year to ye all

teenybash
24-Dec-09, 23:24
2009 wasn't great and I hope there are no more years ahead like it. 2010 I look forward to and am determined to make it as good as I can......Hope evryone has a great NEW YEAR with only good happenings in 2010.:)

shazzy
25-Dec-09, 21:45
moved up here in end of Jan,OH's job we had sorted feel through,bad few months job hunting,I got job,OH staring new job in January.Going through hard times makes you realise how much you waste and take for granted,I have made some great new friends in my job and neighbours and it's made us stronger and more 'together'.Lookin forward to a new great year in a lovely place and better life!!:D

upolian
25-Dec-09, 22:04
its been amazing thanx :D

Scorpio12thNov
25-Dec-09, 23:06
I've experienced one or two random moments this year;)Moments I'll forever treasure...

At least it's a great end to a year consisting of lifes norms...:eek:

AfternoonDelight
26-Dec-09, 17:40
2009 was a year in which I had my eyes opened to a few things that changed my perspective on life and my opinion of some people ... not all of them good...It had it's ups and downs, most of them downs, but there were a couple of rays of light to get me through.

To be honest, I'll be glad to see the back of it - 2010 promises to be a good one - 5 weddings, a baby and something else I have been looking forward to for a LONG time!!

Here's hoping it lives up to expectations! :Razz

purplelady
27-Dec-09, 00:40
For me 2009 was a million times better than 2008 so am hoping 2010 will be as good if not better x

Sandra_B
27-Dec-09, 12:34
2009...lost a friend to colon cancer, found out another is dying from breast cancer and a third friend found out her 9 year old daughter has a terminal condition.

Personally, made a huge mistake in 2009 which I hope to rectify in 2010.

young_fishin_neep
27-Dec-09, 15:12
well i think 2009 was the most eventfull for me yet loved the best part of it but also had a few downers but dont we all, this year seems to have flown by lets hope 2010can go nice and smoothly :)

xxx

riggerboy
27-Dec-09, 15:33
well mine started off terrible and went down hill rapidly after that,

but i will not let it get me down, i will stand up and be counted,

for all those folks that had a bad 2009 heres hoping you get a better 2010 if not just

hang em hang em and hang em again,

remember death is only the end of 1 journey and the beginning of another

Vistravi
27-Dec-09, 15:46
2009 started off badly and stressfully, Moved to ness and started my job. A few months of money worries but it went to good and less stressful times. 2010 will be a good eyar as our baby is going to be here in may :) I can't wait to meet the wee monkey.